Author Topic: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Wensday 1/25  (Read 12634 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Custom Jedi: Updated 9/9
« Reply #15 on: September 9, 2005, 10:35 AM »
That is cool! I like the use of the gi joe head and the coloring you gave him.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 9, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Thanx Master_Phurby.

Here's another custom Jedi. I really like the way this one came out, except for the legs. They are way to straight and the figure won't stand on it's own, but oh'well!!! Hope you enjoy and as usual feel free to leave any comments or suggestions

Jedi Master: Pas Ayudda
Spiecies: Chagrian
Lightsaber color: Blue

Pas is Master to Jedi Padawan Booka Zen Dee. Pas is a very resourceful Jedi and a great military tactian, he prefers to utilize his lightsaber rather than his negotiating skills and is one of the Jedi Orders most skillful swordsman. He serves as a General during the Clone Wars fighting the Seperatist with his padawan alongside him. Pas and his padawan where killed during the issue of "Order 66" while fighting on the plains of Dantooine.

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 9, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Beautiful work.  I like the coloring on the face and hands, and the legs look good.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #18 on: September 9, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Nice job, he looks very detailed.  Nice use of a pewarmer too  ;)
What base body did you use?  Is that a ROTS Saesee Tinn?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 9, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Thanks bjarkerr, i appriciate it. It was hard to match the coloring of the head.

One more for today! This is Jedi Knight Max Raffe. Not a whole lot of work here, a simple parts swap. But I think all the parts went good together and makes a good traditional looking Jedi. Enjoy and comments or suggestions are welcome!

Jedi Knight: Max Raffe
Spiecies: Human
Lightsaber color: Green

erik ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 9, 2005, 04:12 PM »
gregorbiam- here the recipie.

head,hands,neck ball: rots mas amedda
arms,body: aots sasee tinn
legs: clone wars sasee tinn

thanks for the great comments!

erik ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 9, 2005, 04:12 PM »
The parts look like they go together very well, nice job yet again.   ;D
I'll say what CHEWIE would say, have you thought about drybrushing this guy?  I think that would make him look very cool, especially with his "flowing" cloak.  As he is, of course, he fits in perfectly with hasbro's other jedi (i.e. clean).

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 9, 2005, 04:15 PM »
i would like to dry bruch him, but right now i don't think i have a color that would work well for dry brushing. what color/colors would you suggest?

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 9, 2005, 04:42 PM »
i would like to dry bruch him, but right now i don't think i have a color that would work well for dry brushing. what color/colors would you suggest?

erik

I think maybe do a light brown wash over the tunic and then drybrush a light tan.  For the outer cloak, you could probably get away with doing 1 highlight of light brown, although doing a wash or a few levels of highlights would look better. 

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 9, 2005, 05:09 PM »
Here are a few more of my custom Jedi. As always feel free to leave any comments or suggestions and enjoy!

Jedi Knight: Jonas Tac
Spieces: Human
Lightsaber Color: Double Bladed Blue

Jonas is a very skilled jedi in the art of swordsmanship. He is proficient in 4 differents lightsaber Forms, but prefers Form 3. Jonas has mastered the use of the double bladed lightsaber and has chosen to carry one. He achieved knighthood after surviving the Battle of Geonosis, in which his master was killed. During the Clone wars Jonas fought in several systems and was one of several Jedi in an attack group sent to Dantooine, where he and almost all of the other Jedi in the attack group where killed by thier Clone Troops when "Order 66" was issued.

Jedi Knight: Eklor Macco
Spieces: Duros
Lightsaber Color: Green

Eklor is a very quite Jedi and very in touch with the Force. He spends much of his time meditating but is often called upon by the council to ajudicate in meetings between fueding factions on other worlds and assists the Courasant Security force in solving crimes. Eklor has been a Jedi Knight for many years and has not been granted the rank of Master because he is hinndered by his own quest to understand the subtleties of the force and his place in it, through his own fault, he is unable to progress. None the less, he is a very powerful and respected Jedi. Eklor, along with dozens of other Jedi, was in the Jedi Temple when ,the newly "Lorded", Darth Vader stormed the Jedi Temple with a liegon of Clones. Though he fought valiantly, Eklor and the rest of the Jedi in the temple where destroyed.....

Jedi Master: Taloo Uzak
Spiecies: Shistavanen Wolfman
Lightsaber Color: Blue

Combining his natural super sense of smell and hearing with the Force, Jedi Master Uzak has one of the most skilled Jedi to ever wield the power of force awarness. Uzak has a very powerful connection to the Force and great control over it. During the Clone Wars Master Uzak became one of the Jedi Generals to command Clone troopers across the galaxy. He lead the Republic to several major victories and even crossed sabers with Count Dooku, nearly defeating him, when Dooku used a group of refugees to cover his escape. Uzak fought on bravely during the clone wars, but was gunned down by the Clone troopers he lead when "Order 66" was given.

That's it for now, I hope to have a couple more up soon!

erik ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Custom Jedi: Updated Sunday 10/10
« Reply #25 on: October 9, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Most impressive.  I'll comment on each figure -

Jonas Tac -

Cool name for him, I like the use of the Windu body and the hands.  Is that a GI JOE Duke head?  I might paint the overall figure just a bit, but other than that I think it's great.  And I like the double edged lightsaber, not something you see too much of.

Eklor Macco -

Great idea for a custom.  Very smooth looking and realistic.  Looks like a great figure that you would see in the Jedi Temple.

Taloo Uzak -

The best of the bunch in my opinion because the Captain Typho torso looks so perfect for a Jedi.  I don't think I've seen anyone think of that before!  Great work!

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 9, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Great looking customs!!  Nicely done, a very imaginative and clever use of various parts.  I never liked the ROTS Mas Amedda figure at all, but the head works far better on your custom than on the actual figure!

My only minor criticism:  the use of the "generic human jedi" arms for Max.  They look decent, but they're so rigid and limited.  But, if you're just posing the figures, it looks fine.

Great work!  I look forward to seeing more of your efforts!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 9, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Crap!  I missed the two on the first page.  EXCELLENT painting job on the Chiss jedi.  It really looks terrific!

And I like the accessorries/accoutrements on the 2nd jedi.  I dislike the homogenity of most of the Jedi we see in the films, all with brown robes and tan tunics, so it's nice to see some with some flair and some different accessories.  I'm not sure about the "camo" kerchief, though...a more neutral color might look better.  But that's a very minor nitpick.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 9, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Chewie - Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. I actually considered painting the Jonas figure, but i decided not to, because I thought the colors where actualy pretty cool and the under tunic matched the color of the figures hair, the head is from a gijoe Scalpel figure.

Quazar - Thanks for feedback, I see what you mean about the Booka figures facekerchief having that camo look. It was actualy meant to look like weathering, but it didn't quite come out as I'd hoped. That was actualy one of my first Jedi customs.

Here is another of my custom Jedi. He is an already established charecter, which I don't often do customs of. His hair is made from soft goods as is the cloak, which I made. When I made this figure I imagined it as part of the Clone Wars figure line, hence the armor. The body came out a bit misproportioned, but over all I'am very pleased with the way this figure came out, it is one of my favorite of my customs. So here it is.....

Jedi Master: Quinlan Vos

Please feel free, as usual to leave any comments or suggestions, thanks and enjoy!!! ;D

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 9, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Oh wow, that's an awesome Vos!  I can't believe how great the GI JOE arms look with it!

You must post a recipe and steps that you took to make this!  The only thing I might do to that is paint it a little to weather it just a bit.

Wow!  Most impressive - take a bow for this custom!

:P