Author Topic: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Wensday 1/25  (Read 12635 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Custom Jedi: Updated Sunday 10/10
« Reply #30 on: October 9, 2005, 11:46 PM »
thanks chewie, his armor is weathered to look battle damaged and there is some very light weathering on his tunic , but i haven't been able to find a good color to weather him with yet, any suggestions? here is the recipe-

head: gijoe spytroops duke[ the hair is made from th string from the grappnel claws that came with thr rots clone commander]
torso, skirt, pelvis: rots kit fitso
arms: gijoe spytroops ripper
legs: clone wars anikin skywalker

thanks again chewie, i always appriciate your feedback and suggestions.....

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2005, 12:22 AM »
Very nice! The only addition I would make would be one or two strands of "hair" that hang down into his face.

This is an amazing combo of parts! Although not comic accurate exactly, it's still instantly regognizable as Vos. Great work.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005, 01:14 AM »
Sure, for a suggestion I say may him look dirty and grimy... actually, he probably needs a short goatee/beard going too to give him some chin stubble.

For the weathering, I would practice first on another figure if you aren't too used to it yet.  Maybe a mixture of colors - white, brown, yellow, black - different shades of different levels of the color usually works for me.

:P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Wow, i've already commented on your Vos at Scum, but Dang, you've been rolling on the jedi.
I'd love to see a group jedi army shot...

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Custom Jedi: Updated Monday 10/10
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2005, 09:31 PM »
Here are a few more custom Jedi. Most of these I've had a while I had just never gotten around to talking pics.

Jedi Master: Nasrra Karr

Jedi Knight: Ralo Sudae

Jedi Knight: Accre Jo

As always feel free to leave any comments and suggestions, thanks and enjoy!!!

erik :)
=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Jonas Tac -

Nice looking figure, I really like the lighsaber, the blue blades are added seamlessly and the gold trim looks good. Like CHEWIE said I think I'd repaint him a bit and do some drybrushing.

Eklor Macco -

Fairly simple custom but it was executed nicely.

Taloo Uzak -

Again I agree with CHEWIE, the Typho body was an excellent choice, I've never seen that before.

Vos-

A little weathering and and a stray dreadlock or two and he is near perfect. I really like the softgoods hair, i'm not really a huge fan of JOE arms, I don't like the way the jonts look, but I think they fit in well with this custom.

Jedi Master: Nasrra Karr-

Nice I might paint him a little so that his uniform doesn't look so much like Plo Koon's since his is fairly unique.

Jedi Knight: Ralo Sudae-

I like the choice of parts I think I'd change the skin tone on himj so he doesn't look like his CW counterpart.

Jedi Knight: Rykrof Enloe...... I mean Accre Jo  :) -

I like the coloring on the robes, it isn't my favorite body in the world, it is a little too preposed, but since he is just a background type character/dio filler, I think it's fine.

On a sidenote, I think you need to start using some other head for your human customs, the Duke head looks good on all the figures you've used it on so far, and you've done a good job of changing it up enough, but you don't want all of your humans looking like clones. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2005, 09:49 PM »
WOW, what a great collection of Jedi! 
That Vos turned out really well, definitely one of the best 3 3/4" Vos's that I've seen.  I didn't realize that the G.I. Joe arms were compatible with Star Wars figures. 
Great use of parts on all of your Jedi, you're giving me a lot of ideas...  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2005, 10:36 PM »
ryan - thanks for the great compliments snd the helpful suggestions. i've been doing my best withweathering but i'm having som trouble. some of the figures i weather come out great and i've ruined a couple after completeion trying to weather them, which is a bummer. so i'am sort of reluctant to try it on figures i like, especialy my jedi. i do agree though, and hope to get some decent weathering on these recently shared jedi soon. if you have any weathering suggestions, i'd sure appriciate it. chewie gave me some good tips, but it's still kickin' my @$$!!!

gregorbian - thanks, i've been trying to build my jedi order up. i really like jedi and i hope to use most of them in a dio-story, if i ever am able acomplich it! i'm glad you dug the vos, it was a bit wierdly proportioned, butnone the less came out good. gijoe arms work well with rots torso's. if you just shave off the flat ends on the arm pegs the fit right in and can give different arms or more articulated arms to some of the figures. i'm glad i could give you some ideas and i appriciate your helpful comments, thanks again and i look forward to seeing more off your work soon!

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2005, 07:14 PM »
Here are a few more customs I just finished. Hope you guys like them! I appriciate all the comments and suggestions on my other customs and as usual feel free to leave more.

I wanted this to be Jedi Master Tholme originaly, but I had some trouble with the hair( i'm no good with sculpy). I'm still really happy with the way it turned out though. I guess it's my clean shaven Tholme with a hair cut! :D

Jedi Master Tholme

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the head of a freelance organization that deals in smuggling, arms dealing and information trafficing. I really like the way he turned out, simple but cool.

Kiye Tazer

------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the greatest and most fierce Wookie warriors on all of Kashykk, Rakka comes from an old tribe that live low in the trees, near the Shaddow lands where they often hunt.  Rakka's tribe pride themselves on battle and brute force. Rakka fights along side the Jedi General's and others Wookie brothers in the Clone Wars.

Wookie Warrior Rakka
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Saterday 10/15
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Tholme is a good Jedi custom, but I wouldn't have guessed it was Tholme unless you listed him as such. I'd use him as a different Jedi and keep working of finding the best pieces for Tholme. Did you swap out the legs, or are they just Eeth Koth's repainted? I can't tell.

Tazer is a good use of parts, I like that he's just a "Regular joe" type custom. You picjked a good head for a bad guy, too...that Spytroops Blackout head always has creeped me out with it's beady little eyes.

Rakka is easily my favorite. Great paint app, nice detailing and a good selection of parts that look like something a Wook might wear. Can we get a parts list on this one?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Tholme looks a bit young.  ;D I used a Tarkin head for my Tholme custom. But the Sculpy I used for his ponytail broke. I have to fix it.

I love the Wookiee, its always cool to see those customs. And the base figure is the best.

Tazer looks like Mark Hamill.  ;D Good use of parts. I like all these customs but on Tholme like DD said I would call him someone else for now.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2005, 06:00 PM »
DD- Thanks for the comments. I thought the head looked good for Tholme, but I guess the long hair and scrufy face are what really make him reconizable. I probably will use him as a different jedi, until I can get some parts to make him look more like Tholme.

I've always like that Blackout head, but never had really the right custom to use it on.

The wookie is a sneak preview wookie warrior base figure, which I know you Knew, all of the armor and swords are from a "Battle Gear" Leonardo Ninja Turtle. I just cut the straps shorter and cut the armor to fit. The gun is from an Adventure Man figure that I  got at Rite Aid for a buck. Thanks again for the comments and suggestions, I appriciate it.

MetalJedi- If you have any pics of your Tholme I like to see them, I never even thought of a Tarkin head, sounds cool. I really suck with sculpy so I have trouble making hair/ponytails etc...

Thanks for the suggestions and comments!
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Most excellent work!  Talk about some cool looking figures.

Tholme - Pretty good.  I never really had too much interest in this character, but it's a good version of him.  Maybe a small dry brush might look good on him.

Tazer - Wow, that's a nice figure!  Very original design, and looks like he could fit in well with almost any Star Wars environment.  One of your best customs I think.

Wookiee - Easily one of the best Wookiee Warriors I've ever seen anyone make.  He looks tough and mean.  And well prepared for any battle.

Excellent update, my favorite is Tazer.

:P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2005, 01:13 PM »
I have to echo Chewie on this one, the Tazer is really nice. What did you use for his coat?
But i have to say that wookie is the best fo the bunch.
Love the paint job and tha accesories.

Great figure.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Here is a few more Jedi for the Clones to mow down. I'm really happy with the way the rodian turned out, though i may have went over board with the weathering. I was going for that rough combat look, dust, scrapes near blaster misses, you know. The other 2 are ok. As always feel free to leave any comments or suggestions, I appriciate it!

Jedi Master O'dega

Jedi Knight

Jedi Padawan Baz Randa
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 07:15 PM by jedistyle »
=jEdIsTyLe=