Author Topic: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/15/08... Seriously.  (Read 34934 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Sith Lord Chaos's Customs - Update 5/16
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Wow! Very cool to see you with your own thread, SLC. Let me see, where to begin...

COMMANDER GREE

Love it. I know it's not finished yet, but what you have so far is awesome. The paint job looks spot-on, and the bandoliers are great! May I ask where they came from?

COMMANDER BLY

Lookin' good. The two shades of yellow came out great.

COMMANDER BLY TROOP

I'm a little underwhelmed by this one. The paint job is good, don't get me wrong...I just don't really like the "Army Builders" Hasbro made...they're way too skinny, especially next to the Ep. III clones.

RED TROOPER

He looks like he's been through hel! Another nice job, but I have the same reservatyions about Hasbro's product as the one above.

DEAD CLONE

Heh heh. Looks like Grievous got to this guy. Good, but I'd detail that stump a little more. You can see the white in the peg hole and it ruins the illusion.

WIP WOOKIEES

Great start, can't wait to see them finished. I like the White Wook the best so far; we'll see if he maintains that honor in his finished stage.

COMMANDER RHETT

I don't think he's boring at all, I like the pattern you gave him. My only criticism is that his paint looks a little too shiny, I'd dull it down a bit.

CLONE MEDIC

I like this a lot, an easy and fun custom. Who DOES patch the clones back up when they get torn up?  ???

SAVIORN

Great job. I swear I've seen this one before (Maybe on Custom Alliance) but I dig the new CHEWIE style weathering. No doubt, he's the drybrushing master. I'd cut off that wimpy ponytail, though, and give him Aurra Sing's topknot. It's bigger and I think would make him that much cooler.

All in all, a great group of customs, SLC! Keep 'em comin', and I can't wait to see that photonovel!

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 09:29 PM »
The clones look brillant always like to see clone figures well done

Ron

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Excellent job man!  ;D
I really like that medic, very clever and I haven't seen anybody else do one, so kudos to you!  You should give him a medic bag (repainted Yarua's pouch maybe?)
The Commander Rhet looks really good as well.  I like "clean" clones so I think he turned out great.
The white wookie is stunning!  I never would have thought to make a wookie with a white paint sheme.  The silver highlights are pretty cool too.
Good drybrushing on that jedi too   :)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 01:25 AM »
There's several new threads tonight that I'd love to chat it, but I am exhausted and the rest will need to wait until morning.  But I'll throw in my 2 cents on these for now -

COMMANDER GREE -

Great job.  I really want to see these guys in action, and an official figure from Hasbro.  I just don't think I can paint Clones as good as you guys do.

COMMANDER BLY -

A truly beautiful custom - great job and you really would think this was a Hasbro figure.  Wonderful job on the dirty up on him.

BLY TROOP -

Hasbro's fault for making them so skinny... otherwise, you did a good job on him.

DIRTY CAPTAIN -

Just another example of how Hasbro made this mold too skinny.  You did a great job on him though!

DEAD CLONE -

I do like it a lot.  I would add a bit of blood, and hell why not, maybe even a couple of blaster shots on him.

WOOKIEES -

The first EP3 customizing craze lives on!

COMMANDER RHET -

Is that his real name?  Rhet?  Good job on this one - he looks mean.  Really looks like something you'd see on Coruscant. 

CLONE MEDIC -

Can't believe you thought of this - duh!  What a great idea!!!  I would suggest something other than a Red Cross symbol maybe... can you create your own design that is unique to Star Wars?

SAVIORN -

Awesome... I know I saw this from you earlier somewhere.  The dry brushing helps bring out the detail, and makes his robe look like an all new sculpt.  I like DD's idea of switching out the pony tail - I did that on a custom Falleen once -

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 03:27 AM »
   I think that's where I got the idea. I unconsciously steal from Chewie all the time.  It's his own fault for dragging me into this strange obsession. ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 04:26 AM »
Thanks alot guys that really means a lot coming from you guys! :) ;D

COMMANDER GREE -

The straps are actually OTC Dagobah Luke's backpack strap, I cut the front stomach strap and moved that buckle to the back and glued it back there and painted it. CHEWIE I'm sure you could pull this one off, there is very little line painting and your drybrushing skill could make that camo look excellent.

COMMANDER BLY -

I just noticed that Bly has 2 stripes on the forearm guantlets so I'll have to add the other one sometime.

BLY TROOP & DIRTY CAPTAIN -

I don't like these either but I had some extras and I figured I might as well use them for something.

DEAD CLONE -

I tried to make the severed arm look like it had bone in it but I think it needs more work to make it look more realistic. The other are is just missing a strip of paint on the hand because I got some extra glue on it and when I cut the glue off with my exacto it took some of the paint off with it. It is hard to see from the picture but I dremmeled a hole in the chest and on the back that is supposed to be a saber hole, there is tons of caked blood on the back where it pooled out and dried. And on the right leg I dremmeled out a huge saber slash mark that has some blood around it. DD you are dead on, Grievous does get him :)

COMMANDER RHET -

He's shiney cause I couldn't find my dullcote. I gotta put stuff in the same place. ::) ;) Rhet: I came up with this in like 10 seconds when I was saving the file, anyone have any other name suggestions? 

CLONE MEDIC -

He really is just a temporary custom until I get another tank Gunner and can make a real custom. Chewie I really like that idea, I was kind of thinking that but I went with the cross cause it was quicker. I'll try and come up with a new logo but keep it red for familiarity. And Give him some kind of kit, I was thinking an Ugnaught kit buit i didn't have one so I left him like that. Yaura's pouch... not a bad idea, and I have an extra, always a plus :)

SAVIORN -

I may swich out the pony tail, I don't have an extra one, I'll have to pick one up sometime. And CHEWIE that is still one of my favorite Falleen customs, that body is so good for smuggler/mercanary types. :)
"This is the way."

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 08:22 AM »
great job Chaos! Espically like Commander Bly & The Clone Medic(something about him is just cool ;D)

Great Work
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 10:51 AM »
I like the RHET name... I was just curious, because I have been best friends with two twin brothers since 1984 - Rhett and Blake.

I might try to make a GREE custom sometime.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Beautiful job on the Rhet, Bly, and Gree.  I'm working on a Gree right now, and your camo for him is truly inspirational.  Rhet looks like he could be a Shock Trooper Commander, very nice.  Bly is good and dirty like he should be, and his lines are straight.

Noice!

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 01:20 PM »
Maybe for your Clone Medi Custom you should make give him a snow trooper backpack(or something like it) I think it would be cooler than if he was carrying a bag.  Now can we see some of your SG-1 figures? I don't care how bad you think that are, I still want to see them, they sound awesome ;D
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Sith Lord Chaos's Customs - Update 5/24
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Thanks again for the nice words guys. :) I've got one figure to add for now but I should have more later tonight, including some WIP of my ****** SG-1 figures ::)

Zabrak Spacer/Merc/Pirate/Pilot/Bounty Hunter
Not really sure what he is other than a Zabrak. ;) I had an extra Agen Kolar head lying around and I had bought an extra Djas Puhr awhile back because I love that body, it is great for bounty hunter types. The hands are from an EP1 Sneak Preview Mace, I was using the Mace head for my SA Mace custom and I had got it all ready to fit on the new body, then I lost the damn head >:( The boots are from a POTF2 Stormie, and the rest is just a modified Djas Puhr. After CHEWIE posted his the other day I decided to make one too. :)

As always comments and critiques  are more than welcome.  :P
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 05:12 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 07:52 PM »
the Djas body always prevails. I bought an extra Djas a while back too, intending to use it for parts to make a better Villie than the one I already did... but it never happened. sent it off to CHEWIE even..

I like Zabraks, and I like random pedestrian street walking star wars scum. heh.
Perfection in plastic.  :D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Thats the stuff. I love the Djas body.

I dig that custom.

That's hot.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 08:58 PM »
What a great custom!  I really, really like this one SLC.  Great choice of parts (especially the Stormie boots), and the paint job is wonderful.  He looks like a soundrel.  Leia would like him.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 09:13 PM »
I hear she likes scoundrels too. ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...