Author Topic: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/15/08... Seriously.  (Read 35139 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 12/28/05
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Great update Ryan!  I like that Sakian rebel general, he would look perfect next to Madine. 
My favorite is probably the Neimoidian Rebel Pilot - it's such a cool idea that Neimoidians would turn into rebels once the Empire cements its rule over the galaxy.  Did you repaint the head?  What is that helmet?

The Endor Communications Rebel looks cool, nice drybrushing!
That Rebel Sandtrooper is very well done and a great concept!  It's definitely one of those "Why didn't I think of that!?!" concepts  ;)  The Garindan goggles are a great touch as well.  Clever.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Great Work!

I really love the Rebel Sandy Concept.

The Color Palet you chose is perfect for a Desert Warrior.

The Goggles meld very well w/ the Helmet. It must have been a pain to seperate them from Garidans head.

You've inspired me to give this Concept a Try for myself.

Great work I can't wait to see more,

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2005, 06:57 PM »
Great looking figures mate the rebel desert trooper is great the paint apps are very well put together and your Obi Wan in clone armour is great very well painted indeed keep up the great work.

Ron

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/21/05
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2006, 02:01 AM »
2 1/2 months since an update? I've got to start finishing things I start on instead of starting them, getting halway done, and then starting on something else. I have 12-15 WIPs over the last 2 months and only 1 new figure that I finished about a week ago.

thanks for the nice words on the last update BTW. I think I'm going to make another Sandtrooper figure, it was a pain to seperate those goggles but it was a really fun figure to make.

Gran Crime Boss/Thug/Gangster type

Not much to look at, he is just kind of a background filler type. He also is nameless at the moment.

Recipe:

Body: TSC Bib Fortuna
Arms, Feet, Neck, and Head: ROTS Ask Aak
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 06:06 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/21/06
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2006, 02:13 AM »
Why does everyone paint better than me? ;)

Looks nice; probably the most interesting custom I've seen using that head.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Wow Ryan good job. There really isn't much to improve on at all it looks like a perfect figure. Your painting skills are great, just like CHEWIES , and Hembles. It is so great. Hurry up with those WIPS

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Ryan, that guy looks great.  I think you nailed the paint.  The highlight detail that you put on it is outstanding.  Very believable figure.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2006, 10:32 AM »
Wow, wonderful paint job and parts matching here Ryan.  It doesn't look like Bib Fortuna's body at all.  Not even close!  Great work and the painting it excellent.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2006, 07:27 PM »
Thanks a lot guys. I'd been looking for something to do with the extra Bib bodies I had. I found a few Ask Aaks in those TRU two-packs and it seemed like a natural fit. Smarty thanks for the comparison to CHEWIE and hemble, I certainly don't classify myself up with them, but I've been trying out some teniques they use and they see to be working pretty good. I've got a lot of work to do before I'll ever consider myself even half as good as either of them.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Thanks a lot guys. I'd been looking for something to do with the extra Bib bodies I had. I found a few Ask Aaks in those TRU two-packs and it seemed like a natural fit. Smarty thanks for the comparison to CHEWIE and hemble, I certainly don't classify myself up with them, but I've been trying out some teniques they use and they see to be working pretty good. I've got a lot of work to do before I'll ever consider myself even half as good as either of them.

Much, much too modest Ryan.   ;)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2006, 11:30 AM »
ARRRRRRGH!!!!! everyone else can see them, but all Im getting is red X's. This sucks! Ive been trying to look at them since yesterday.

I feel like that guy from Mallrats.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2006, 02:13 PM »
ARRRRRRGH!!!!! everyone else can see them, but all Im getting is red X's. This sucks! Ive been trying to look at them since yesterday.

I feel like that guy from Mallrats.

:-\

I think my host went down today. Hopefully it comes back up soon.

EDIT: It appears that it is back up now.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 02:15 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2006, 02:36 PM »
www.250free.com was down for a while this morning.  It seems at least once a month they have a day where things go haywire.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/30/06
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2006, 02:06 AM »
I finally finished 2 of the WIPs that have been sitting in the fodder drawer for about 3 months now. They really were pretty basic, just headswaps really. Sorry for the ****** picture I was in a rush.

Lieutenant Vash Rey’tal and Tael’ros Sygti

On the left is Lieutenant Vash Rey’tal a Twi'lek X-Wing pilot and on the right is Tael’ros Sygti a Kel Dors X-Wing pilot. Rey'tal is just a modified TSC Bib Fortuna head, I cut off some of the fat parts, an extra chin, and some lumps on his forehead. Then it was repainted. Sygti is a SAGA Plo Koon head and hands. The mask has been repainted black, white, and orange.

Hopefully I'll have a few more in the next couple of days. In the mean time comments and critiques are always welcome. :)
"This is the way."

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/30/06
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2006, 10:29 AM »
I really like what you did with Vash. He doesn't look like Bib Fortuna at all. He doesn't even look evil anymore. :)

The Kel Dor, though, is my favorite! Major props on the hands. At first glance I thought you had used humanoid hands and I was a little put off, then I realized they WERE Plo hands :P. A very, very nice job here. I like how you incorporated the mask with the flightsuit, too. It's a nice touch that distinguishes him from Plo. Did you shorten the spikes coming off the mask? They're just the right length here, but for some reason I remember them being longer on the stock head...

Congrats on a fine update!