Author Topic: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/15/08... Seriously.  (Read 34944 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 10/25/05
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Very nice Obi Wan. I think scans show alot more detail without washing the color out. I think Im gonna have to mae one of these myself.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2005, 03:18 AM »
What the hell, I'll throw up two more tonight. :) I was going to save these for a few days so it would actually look like I was updating more regularly, But I decided to throw them up now. I actually made these a week or two ago but I kept forgeting to post them. I think these guys look better in person, but anyways, these guys are supposed to be some kind of Local militia/terrorist type. I'm not really sure which, but they supposed to be from a really arid desert type planet, hence the orange. The Luke head might just be a temporary head until I find something better, the hair is supposed to be black with that "iced" look.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 03:25 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2005, 06:13 AM »
Those are cool, I like the use of the Ki-Adi body. I'm not sure if I like his hair though, it seems kind of poofy. Other than that, great paint job. Nice!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Those are cool, I like the use of the Ki-Adi body. I'm not sure if I like his hair though, it seems kind of poofy. Other than that, great paint job. Nice!

Thanks DN. I agree on the hair, that's why I was thinking iof t is a temporary kind head, but it actually is kind of growing on me It kind of looks like the guy spikes his har with about a gallon of hair gel. :P
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 10/25/05, twice
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2005, 07:57 PM »
Nice to see another update!  I really like the guy with the mask on, but the Luke head to me looks a little odd.  I just can't get the thought of Luke doing a hand-stand out of my mind.  That's why I haven't used that head.  But I think it could work... maybe alter the face a bit so he's not so recognizeable?

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2005, 08:09 PM »
I was going to use a different BBi head, but I think it is the same one you used on Briss, and I wanted to cast it first, since it is a good basic army building head. I think I'll definitely have to replace it with something better soon.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 08:10 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2005, 10:08 PM »
Great job on the Obi-Wan (he definitely looks beat up).  Everybody has been making such great versions of this character, I might have to try it too!  I like the way that you trimmed the cloak - it looks very natural.  The only thing that I would do is add piece of cheap chain connecting both sides of the cloak (I bought a cheap chain from a 25 cent machine and it lasts for a while).

The terrorists turned out well too.  Nice use of the Navy Seal Breacher head.   Is that a Ki-Adi-Mundi body?  It works well, they definitely look like covert-ops or guerilla fighters.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 11/03/05, twice
« Reply #82 on: November 3, 2005, 04:20 AM »
Thanks Greg. Those are indeed Ki-Adi's body. I really think that body is great for non Jedi customs as well, the robes are basic enough that they really could be anything. About Obi-Wan's chain, if I had thought ahead I probably would have done that, but I actually like it the way it is. The scanner squished the cape and the color didn't come out right on the softgood necktie thing I have on there. I think it looks better in person.

And now for another update, here's my entry for the Blue Harvest CCC. I explained a little more about him in that thread.

"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 11/03/05
« Reply #83 on: November 3, 2005, 09:51 AM »
I already replied in that thread, but thought I should reply here too.   ;)

This a great and unique custom figure.  He looks very evil and has a Middle Ages look to him, and fits in well with the Blue Harverst theme.  I'd say this is one of your better customs.  The little accessory pack on his belt is a nice touch, and the dry brushing on him is perfectly done.  Great idea, and an excellent use for the Nemoidian body.  I might need to pick up a few more of them when they go on clearance.

Great job SLC!

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 3, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Love the new custom!  TERRIFIC paint scheme.  Man, I gotta track down some of these dollar store figures.  I've never seen these, but they look like great custom fodder.

I like the militia guys, too.  My only complaint is the Luke head and, no, it's not the hair, but it's the young, goofy expression that he has.  Doesn't feel right for a military/mercenary guy, especially when compared with his black-clad partner. 

Other than that, great job!  Would you consider adding some kind of insignia, though, to the milita guys to give them a more uniform-like appearance?
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #85 on: November 3, 2005, 05:39 PM »
Hi Ryan

Great looking custom's mate very impressed with Obi-Wan in clone armour he has that battle weary look about him, I'm in the process of doing one has well hopefully I'll have pics up on the weekend.

And I really like your Death Knight figure looks very scary indeed and I like the use of the different helmet and armour and the weathering is spot on.

Ron

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 12/28/05
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2005, 03:42 AM »
Well I got 4 done for this month's CCC. A new record for me. :) I was hoping to get a fifth done but I ran out of time.

First up: Niemoidian Rebel X-Wing Pilot, Devir Floto

He is just a simple headswap really with a repainted head and helmet.

And next I've got a yet un-named Sakian Rebel General:

Really easy 15 minute custom, I had an extra Djas head and hands that I'd been wanting to use for while, as well as a Madine body, so I just threw this together. He maintains full articulation, all of the customs this update do actually. :)

And next an un-named Endor Rebel Communications Officer:

A rather boring figure. I just cobbled himtogether quickly cause I couldn't find a real head, and wanted to get this stupid Obi-Wan head out of my fodder bin, so he became a comm officer.

And last but not least, and my personal favorite of the group a Rebel Sandtrooper:

He's got full articulation still, including the neck. The Bbi head I used had a short neckpeg and no neck whatsoever, so I stuck a soft plastic ring thing in the neck socket  to act as a neck, and drilled a hole through it, the head now fits snugly in there and still moves. The goggles are POTF2 Gardinian goggles dremmeled off and attached to the hat, with little bits of cardboard type stuff as the straps. The Holster is a leftover Djas Puhr holster cut, modified, and flipped. The strap there is sculpey. I added an extra canteen to his backpack so he can stay hydrated. He is supposed to be wearing a thermal bodygolve under the clothing, like Imperial Sandtroopers wear, hence the face mask. I gave him the goggles and the face mask to protect him during sandstorms. And attempeted to give him some SW style desert camoflague.

Well let me know what you guys think! :)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 06:11 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Wow, that Alliance Sandtrooper is awesome!!
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2005, 07:52 PM »
-the sakian general is great, i actually have that head and figure ;aying around and may just steal that idea, if you don't mind!

- that potf rebel torso really went well with the saga rebel legs, nice parts swap!

-the rebel sand trooper is just awsome. the camoflage is great and the work you did with the head and neck pices really woked well, it looks very natural, like 1 piece. the leg holster looks a bit bulky when the weapon is in it, it may have looked better on the thigh, but is still awsome. i really like this figure, he alomost looks too bad-a$$ to work for the alliance, mabey he should strike out on his own freelance!

great update with some great figures!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2005, 09:09 PM »
Great idea on the Rebel Sandtrooper. Your choice of accesories really complete this figure.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.