Author Topic: Glassman's Customs  (Read 79501 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Glassman's Customs -Vintage Han Stromie and VSTC Biker Scout
« Reply #195 on: June 5, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Glassman - holy crap man, all of these are incredible!

Female Imperials - So cool!  I love the uniform and the fact that you were able to make it feminine.  Your sculpting and casting skills are simply amazing.  I don't know what else to say, hasbro could easily take your sculpts and release these to the mass market.  Absolutely perfect!

Vintage Han and Luke Stormtroopers - Yet again, you have a couple of outstanding customs here.  Han and Luke definitely look like factory quality vintage figures.  I'm sure if Kenner had kept producing figures for another year we would see something that looks exactly like your Han in Stormtrooper disguise.
One thing, I would try to paint the eyebrows a little bit darker, it looks like Han shaved his off!  :P

VSTC Biker Scout w/removable helmet - very cool.  I am always disappointed that hasbro seems to make underscaled helmets on their non-removable helmet figures.  You have what looks to me to be the new definitive Biker Scout helmet. 

Beautiful update G!  I am always floored by your talents!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #196 on: June 6, 2006, 10:46 AM »
KD, funny thing, I removed the stormie head when i was a kid.
That first version of han and luke, I found the mangled remais of the custom and
thought it would be cool to revive it.
I can only think that i cut off the stomie head with a kitched knife?  It was a jagged cut. I then filled it with play-doh
and stuck the han head in it and painted it with white out.

So when i found them last year, i had to fix it. So i'm sure you can carve off the helmet if i could
at the age of 9?
Here was the original

Pen i was the same way, I didnt like doing vintage customs becasue of lack of fodder. But i can cast pieces i need now, so i really enjoy them. It takes me back to my childhood... No not yesterday way back!

Psyclone, hopefully at the end of the month i will get some time and make some cast available.
I finished staining our deck last night, should be putting the finishing touches on the baby's room this weekend... so it looking like i may get some time soon.

Grego, thanks for the compiments man. THanks for noticing the eyebrows. I didnt. I forgt them!!!  ???
I'll fix that before i card him.

To follow up on chewie's question.

Here are pics of the helmet and you can see the two casts spliced together, then from that
i made a mold, I then too that one and cleaned it up and that is now my master. So when i make
casts available, it will be from the cleaner helmet.

You can see the progression spliced to final .

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 6, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Glassman, I love seeing your childhood custom.  I don't remember ever being so creative as a child!

My mom sold all my SW figures in a garage sale when I got older.  I'm quite convinced that is why I'm collecting now, as a way to remember my childhood.  My wife just doesn't get it  ;)

Your helmet making skills are just fantastic.  You bring a great skill to the customs community.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #198 on: June 6, 2006, 11:02 AM »
  I'm quite convinced that is why I'm collecting now, as a way to remember my childhood.

Im trying to remember what little bit of my childhood is left :'(

Any way Glass that is really cool to see how the splicing and stuff works, I may try this some day.
The old vintage Han is really cool for a 9 year old. I never would have thought of using playdough. :D

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #199 on: June 6, 2006, 11:23 AM »
My mom sold all my SW figures in a garage sale when I got older.  I'm quite convinced that is why I'm collecting now, as a way to remember my childhood.  My wife just doesn't get it  ;).

Same thing here!  When i went to college my mom & dad gave away all of my Toys period, including all star wars ships and playsets!  What figures were still in the ships or playsets are gone. I thoght they were all gone but i found some shortly after i started collecting in 96 in a box with my old comic books.
And thats exactly why i do it. If i had had my vintage SW figs intact from childhood, i may not have got into collecting?
Ahh, who am i kidding, I most likley still would have!

THanks BrentS, I am actually very proud of that messy figure. Cause look at it and think of the thought process and work that had to go into it as a 9 year old, My 11 year old would cut his fingers off if he attempted this. Seriously You should see him cut streak! It goes flying off the plate casue he cant hold the fork steady! Its hilarious!  ;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #200 on: June 6, 2006, 11:40 AM »
He needs more muscle then... lol what am I an idiot if its funny let him do it. ;)

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #201 on: June 6, 2006, 01:37 PM »
What can I use to fill the hole with Glassman? I've only ever made simple boil and pop customs so havent a clue about stuff like this.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #202 on: June 6, 2006, 04:05 PM »
KD, I'd fill it with sculpy. That way you can press the head peg into it and then cure it.

SP1635, my wife doesnt think its funny, casue it a mess on her table!

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #203 on: June 7, 2006, 09:32 PM »
That older R.E. looks just like my uncle. That creeps me out.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #204 on: June 8, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Hooray for childhood customs!  Very nice work with that Han, Glass.  And those hollowed-out biker scout helmets look FANTASTIC -- how on earth do you get them so clean on the inside?  I've never EVER gotten my hollowed helmets looking that good, and they're so often full of holes.  :p 

Keep up the wonderful work as always -- you never cease to astound & are always an inspiration.

... the Findswoman

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 8, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Real nice customs you have here!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 8, 2006, 10:47 PM »
the vintage Han Stormie is awesome Glassman, fits right in with Luke Stormie.

i never had a whole heckuva lot of SW when i was a kid being a girl & all...it was like here - play with Barbie instead. i think my mom sold what little stuff i had at a garage sale too. i remember wanting a plastic lightsaber, the ones with the big plastic handle & blade that made sounds when you swung them in the air. well i never got that as a kid....but guess what? i got the whole Kenner display now! 8) i digresss...but nothing wrong with going back to those childhood days at all imho.

great job on the biker scout helmet as usual Glassman. your casting skills never cease to amaze me!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #207 on: June 9, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Finds, i'm blushing now... :-[

Artoo, thanks alot.

Rip, I'll make sure my daugther(to be) gets all the action figures she wants! And i wont throw any of their toys away... I think. Funny thing, a couple years ago, my wife took two storage bins full of toys to the salvation army casue our son didnt play with them anymore... I wne through and took our all the action figures first. ;) Thanks for the overly kind words.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2006, 02:59 PM »
You Finally got your Scout Trooper Removable Helmet! Great Job, Your Splicing Technique is very inovative, and you cast are Top notch. I used the AT-AT Driver helmet that you Cast for me in my Ultimate Fel Custom. It retained so Much Detail from the Original Helmet, that it was leaps and bound above the Saga TIE Pilot Helmet that I was going to use. I'd like to get some of those Modified Mando Helmet cast if your still making them. LMK

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Thanks fritz, I saw your fel, and commented. I think i should have some time after next week.
I finished staining the deck this past weekend, and i have some finishing touches in the nursery, and i
should be back to having some time for figures.