Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60509 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 26/11/2005 (5 pics) HIT LAST PAGE
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2005, 12:32 PM »
That's one sweet bounty hunter. I really like the colors you used and the biceps. Awesome job.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Thanks for the comments  guys

Chewie
What kind of helmet does he have in the game?  Is it close to a Clone helmet?

I can't remember the exact name of the armour but the helmet he wears in the game is more like a Boba helmet it's more around on top and slops a little at the front.

darth_nirvana
I really like the colors you used and the biceps

Glad you like the biceps they were a pain to do Luke being of correct height in the new OTC range made his arms really short when put next to the clone so I had to some cutting to get it right without loosing any articulation.

Ron

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2005, 03:39 PM »
wow, that is an awsome custom hemble! very creative use of clone armor and the colors are just sick! where did you get the pouches around his belt, those look really good as well.

the arms look a bit thin in proportion to the rest of the figure, but still look good.

again this is a great figure, one of my fav's of your, aside from your ki-adi-mundi revamp. keep up yhe great work and the original charecters, thanks for showing them!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2005, 02:54 AM »
Wow! I really like the bounty hunter, Hemble! The colors and paint job are phenomenal, and I love the way the cape looks.

My only quibble is those VOTC Luke Arms look way too skinny. He looks a little less intimidating when you realize he's got skinny 12 year old girl arms...I'd suggest using the arms from one of the many current GI Joes that are a little more buffed up.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the feedback .

Glad you all like the paint work I didn't think it was going to turn out this well but I was very happy with the end result.

With the arms I didn't even think of using GI Joe arms wish I did now he does have girly looking arms when you really look at it .

Ron

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2005, 11:12 PM »
I really like this guy. It looks very rusty but reminds me of a prototype boba fett character. The cape is the best part.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2005, 09:38 PM »
Hi M_P

Glad you like him I have a few more idea's for a cuople of more Bounty Hunters so hopefully they will work out.

Ron

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Fantastic updates Ron! The Han is phemomonal, I never thought there was anything wrong with the VOTC figure until I saw your's. That is what it should have looked like. I think what reallly amazes me, besides the ability to capture perfect skintones, is how smooth the the paint apps are. The paint doesn't look too thick and there is no evidence of brush strokes.

Seltor is a great figure as well. The part choice is really good, but I agree his arms are a bit girlish. The belt and they cape look excellent on him. The weathering is very nicely done, it looks random and isn't overdone. The burgundy/green color scheme looks really sharp.

Keep up the great work! :)
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Hi Ryan

Mate glad you like him the paint is easy to do once it start to dry a go over it with again with a brush with the slightest amount of water and it will get rid of any lumps and paint brush marks.

And just finished of Anakin (Fallen Jedi) will post as soon as I get a sunny day.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 4, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Hi Guys

Wasn't happy with the Anakin pics came out so I'll take more later but for now here is my repaint of Captain Picard.

Ron
sorry pics lost
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:03 AM by hemble »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 04/12/2005 HIT LAST PAGE
« Reply #130 on: December 4, 2005, 12:30 AM »
Oh My Lord, that looks just like the good captain.  I never can believe how well you are at painting figures to bring out the sculpts in them and to make them really seem alive.  Wow, simply WOW!  Especially around the eyes, and the eyes themselves.  It looks like a real model of him.  Perfectly executed, as always!

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 4, 2005, 06:45 AM »
Hi Chewie

Thanks for the comments mate really apprecaite them. also here is another figure.

Jaffa Warrior Stargate 12 inch
I had done this figure about a year ago now and decided to take better pics as the other's where very dark.

The head is Imotep I thought it would make a good Jaffa you can get it from here http://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html. I added the head crest using greenstuff nothing fancy just a few wany lines.
The body is from Dragon as is the chain mail the chain mail skirt is just some medical bandage and the wrap is from an old Hasbro Obi-Wan clothing.
The shoulder armour is plastic sheet and clothing elastic, the wrist bands are from the bits box and teh staff weapon was done by a mate in the states I just modified it a little. Then the figure was painted with Gw and Reaper miniature paints

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:04 AM by hemble »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 4, 2005, 12:45 PM »
I would have replied about two minutes ago, but after seeing this latest custom, I fell out of my chair and couldn't get up for a bit.

This is so cool... wait until our local Stargate guru, Ryan (SLC) sees it!

:P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #133 on: December 4, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Hemble, these paint jobs are fantastic. They really do bring the custom to life.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 4, 2005, 06:01 PM »
Thanks Guys

Going to redo pics of some older figures and post them over the comming weeks but in the middle of doing a dio with Han, Luke and Liea on the Death Star.

Ron