Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 61500 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - UPDATED 01/03/06 PAGE 13
« Reply #195 on: March 5, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Whoa, great repaint on that Dagobah Luke hemble!  I have no idea how you paint that well, but whatever you do, your customs always look incredible.  Excellent work!

I love that Imperial Field Officer.  Ever since I saw CHEWIE's Rykrof in that type of uniform, I always wanted to make one.  The paint job looks sharp too, the head doesn't even look like Veers anymore!
Great update hemble, I think I'll have to follow your and CHEWIE's lead and make one of those Field Officers!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2006, 04:04 AM »
Hi Guys sorry I didn't respond earlier

Darth Nirvana - Hi Mate glad you like em, with the belt I have taken it down to about 3mm from the front I think the reason it looks so bulky is that I kept the imps officers original belt underneath.

Gregorbian - Cheers mate thanks for the reply, I have to agree if I didn't see Chewie's Rykrof figure I would'nt have even tried it.

Ron
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 06:21 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2006, 06:32 AM »
Hi All
I thought I would do a simple dio called FETTS BOUNTY. I used the SW visual dictionary as a guide when I painted FETT . LMK what you think

Bobba Fett is from the New vintage style figures he has been repainted using Vallejo and GW paints the only adjustments I did was to the targeting system on his helmet I made the aerial section thinner using a piece of plasti-card.

Solo in Carbonite is from Wave 1 - Battle of Carkoon set I just filled in the gaps using grennstuff and put a plasti-card back on it and painted it using GW paints the printed base I got from this site  http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/  and the lower section of the base is an old DVD container bottom I had lying around.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:40 PM by hemble »

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - UPDATED 13/03/06 PAGE 13
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2006, 08:43 AM »
 :o WHOA!
That boba is sweet, really great, accurate paint job and some on the solo!
Wow. I'm in awe!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2006, 09:11 AM »
WOW the carbonite looks like it's out of the movie, and Boba.... I never thought a Votc Fett could get any better, looks like you changed the jumpsuit and then washed it like you always do to bring out the texture.  And the battle damage is awesome.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Hemble, the Fett is just amazing.  Stellar job on this one, your painting makes an excellent figure perfect.  The 'base' he's standing on looks great too, as does the carbonite.

:P

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Wow I was just looking through your thread and your paint skills are excellent! I saw your Ewok on the fwoosh and was amazed at how well executed he was. Brilliant idea. Your Imperial field officer is a very smart original concept. I like it most because it's an original idea that looks like it could fit right into the SW universe without missing a step. Have you ever done a tutorial on painting? I'd really like to see what your process is.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2006, 12:11 PM »
Boba Fett is simply stunning.  Its hard to imagine that these are 3-3/4 inch figures.  Your detailing is just great.  On the Carbonite - I want to go back and look at mine to see what you added to it to bring it to life.  My only minor criticism is in the edges of the lights on the floor.  Maybe you can use a colored marker or paint around the white rim that still can be seen on the printed paper.  Like I said this is very very very minor.

I would echo Lestats request for a painting tutorial.  Your wash techniques always come out so well. 

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2006, 11:52 PM »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies as always I really appreciate them.

I did a face painting tutorial for 12" figures awhile back it should still be in the search engine area I think if not I can repost it again.

As for tutorial's let me know what you would like to see and I'll do some up no worries at all.

BrentS - thanks for the tip about the markers it worked really well on the edges cheers.

Ron

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Hey Hemble!

Now THAT is a realistic looking Fett! Great attention to detail and really vibrant colors...I have to say you took an already excellent figure and made it flawless. with your paint app.

The Solo came out very nice as well, I like the silvery look. Great job man!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Your repaints are always top notch, I never get tired of them. BUt my fave of the bunch is the feild officer. That is a great concept, and it looks awesome. Good job.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Hi Darth_Ennis

Thanks for the reply buddy

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Hi Guys

Well this isn't a SW custom but you all know me I like to show you all some of my other works every now and then so here is Tarzan desrciption below.

I've always wanted to make a Tarzan figure but never could find the right body until I found Weapon X Wolverine it was the right size for what I wanted.
I have a King Kong figure that I was going to use with Tarzan and it towered over him the way I wanted it to but I could'nt get the fur to look the way I wanted so I'll post pics of the ape when I've done. And I always wanted Tarzan to have a Bow and Arrow so I made him some.
Tarzan is painted using Reaper miniature, Vallejo and GW paints the knife sheath, arrow case and loin cloth made from some old pieces of pleather painted and weathered the recipe for Tarzan is below.

Head - ML professor X
Body - ML weapon X Wolverine
Hair - LOTR Boromir
Knife, Bow and arrows LOTR Egolas

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:41 PM by hemble »

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - UPDATED 20/03/06 PAGE 14
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2006, 01:06 AM »
That's amazing, man! Always nice to see a fresh take on a classic character. And the fact that he's SA fits nicely with Tarzan... perhaps some action shots of him swinging through the jungle? :)

Nice as ever, hemble!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - UPDATED 20/03/06 PAGE 14
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Hemble, your work never ceases to amaze me.  The thing I like best about this is how you blending to two different toys to make the head and hair.  It looks great.  You definitely need to get a shot of this guy swinging from a vine.  As always, the paint applications are spectacular.