Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60672 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Hi Chewie and DD

Thanks guys really appreciate the kind words just finnishing up on a Capt Pike from the very first episode of Star Trek (the cage) and also naughty Anikin from ROTS have them posted by Sunday.

Ron

Pike is cool. You should do a variant, where he was just the head in the box with the little blinking light.   :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2005, 05:30 PM »
 :o :o :o

Hemble you continue to blow me away! These are absolutely fantastic! I agree with CHEWIE, you are hands down the best 12" customizer around. :) :-* The detail is amazing and the skin look so life-like. I look forward to anything else you've got even that Trek custom, and I hate Trek.
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2005, 02:19 AM »
Hi All

12" Star Trek (The Cage) Captain Pike

Finnished of Captain Pike from the Pilot episode the Cage.

1:The head is from Playmates and it's not a bad scuplt at all of Jeffrey Hunter, I dipped the head in acetone to get rid of the original paint and then repainted it using acrylics.
2:The uniform is also from Playmates Pike figure I had to do some sewing to get it to fit right but all in all it was'nt to hard and then just put it on a Dragon Body.
3:The boots and hands are from Dragon I just reapinted the hand using acrylics and gave the boots a light drybrush.
4:The phaser came with the figure and agian I just repainted it and the tricorder was fro the AMT kit of Spock which I painted and added a leather strap.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:44 AM by hemble »

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - updated 2 figures 05/15/2005
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2005, 05:21 AM »
Good Lord!!! Look at those eyes!!! :o :o :o

This figure makes it clear that while you are amazing at painting elsewhere, when it comes to painting eyes, you are god. ;) Seriously those are fantastic. If I make one humble suggestion though, I think the costume could use a bit of wear and tear, the leather looks brand new and his pants look freshly washed. I have no idea how hard that is on 12" figures, but I think it would improve it a lot. The Trek figure looks cool as well, I have never seen the character or the original figure so I can't really critique it, but it does look really nice. :)
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2005, 09:40 PM »
Hi Sith

thanks mate, the weathering of the clothing is'nt hard at all I have to admit I was a tade lazy doing them only slightly did them instead of doig like iI do for all my 12" figures uni's.

Ron

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2005, 09:41 PM »
hemble,
I'm always blown away by your 12" customs, keep up the good work!  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2005, 10:53 AM »
Hemble, you continue to amaze and set a new standard on 12" customs.  I am truly in awe of your work sir!

Love those Sith eyes.... evil as hell!

:P

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2005, 03:53 PM »
whoa!
Those were my first words as I saw Harrison Fords big plastic head. That is one hot piece there, very very well done. I wish that I could go out and buy such a figure of that quality. not likely..

Anakin is pretty creepy looking, but quite nice. I like his facial..paintings?  ;)

But I must say, it is the Captain Pike that does it for me. I never was much of a Star Trek fan, and far from a Trekkie, but I always liked Captain Pike. Given what little bit of him that there is, I think he was a much mor einterestign Captain that Kirk. I'm not sure I've even ever seen a captain pike action figure ro anything.. very nice indeed.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: September 5, 2005, 04:06 AM »
Hemble, it's been a while since we have seen anything form you, do you have any new projects? :)
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 5, 2005, 06:37 AM »
Hi Ya Sith

Sorry I have'nt been around I've been away on a working holiday for a while and just got back on the weekend.

I've been getting on the work laptop while I've been away to check everyones work out buts thats as close as I've come to a figure (damn work).

I've actually started on some 3-3/4 figures - ie repaints and doing some 1/6 figures as well so hopefully I'll have pics up next week.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated StarTrek The Gorn 26/10/2005
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Hi All
Sorry I have'nt posted for a while my dad had been very ill and passed away a few days ago and things were very hectic to say the least. But as he always said (Never stop doing something that you love to do) :)

So I thought I would show you a Gorn figure(7 inch's tall) that I have redone.
I got the artasylum Gorn figure and super glued his joints and then used Green stuff(GW) and puttied up his joints and then sprayed him with matt black.
After he dried I started painting with Vallejo paints I used different greens until I was happy with the way he looked then I gave him a wash of 2 parts white ink and 2 parts green ink and once that dried gave him a dry brush of different greens until I got the desired colour.
The tunic was painted gold and then the brow, red/orange and gold patches were added then I gave it a dry brush of gold and khaki. There's more pics on my site in the
Custom TV & Movie Figure ection

Ron
sorry pics lost
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:45 AM by hemble »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - updated StarTrek The Gorn 26/10/2005
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Fantastic.  This is one of the few Star Trek creatures that I really like.  Reminds me of a Star Wars cantina alien or something.

Your customizing skills are outstanding... I'd love to see some 3-3/4" figures by you!

:P

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2005, 03:41 PM »
This section has been sorely missing your customs for awhile now. I'm not a Trek fan at all, but I LOVE that figure. I'm somewhat disapointed there is no articulation but that is ok because when the paintjob looks that nice, I think I'd be afraid to touch it and leave any fingerprints. The skin is so realistic looking. Be sure to update more often.  :)

I'm sorry to hear about your father BTW. :(
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2005, 10:28 PM »
I'm sorry about your father hemble.   :(

I think you're probably the first person to remove points of articulation in making a custom figure!  Well, if you're not the first, then you're one of the only ones! 
Great paint job on that figure, I don't know anything about Trek but that guy looks pretty menacing!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2005, 04:50 AM »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the kind words regarding  my dad and also regarding the figure I mustadmit I have missed it very much.

Gregorbian & Ryan - The figure is going on a small dio so that's why the articulation was removed but now that you have mentioned it would've looked good with it lucky I have 2 of them.

CHEWIE - Your wish has come true my friend I'm doing some 3-3/4 figures at the moment I'm sticking with some basic figures first to see how they turn out I will have the first figure up very soon.

Ron