Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60658 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: 12" Clone Trooper Ep3
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Holy crap! I like the weathering techniques and the re-size on the armor. The Clone Armor never looked like it fit exactly right on the hasbro body. Very good job, and I can't wait to see Greivous!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
12" General Grievous
« Reply #16 on: April 9, 2005, 07:45 AM »
Hi All

Well just completed Grievous, this was just a repaint of the new hasbro figure. All paints used on the figure are from Games workshop

1: sprayed the whole figure matt black
2: undercoated the armour flat white and then gave it a coat of bleached bone.
3: once dry gave it a wash of flat black and then a wash of flat white and finally a 2 part wash of flat black and bleach bone.
4: the metal parts were drybrushed with boltgun metal and then slighty dry brushed with mithrill silver.
5:the bely was painted with a 2 part of goblin green and flat black and then drybushed with a 2 part of snot green and flay white.
6: the cloak is from the figure it was given a very slight drybrush of ash grey and blood red, the cloak as 4 slot in it so he can hold he's sabers as per the STARWARS revenge of the sith visual dictioany.

Hope you enjoy
Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:23 AM by hemble »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: 12" General Grievous
« Reply #17 on: April 9, 2005, 07:54 AM »
that's a very impressive paintjob, it really brings out the detail of a less than exciting job done by hasbro. kudos!

happy customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 9, 2005, 12:15 PM »
I applaud you for making a decent looking figure into a great looking figure.  Your painting skills are superb.  Thank you for sharing, and I hope we see much more of your work here in the future.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
12" Count Dooku EPII
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2005, 07:30 AM »
Hi All

Just completed another figure this afternoon picked up Dooku at toys-r-us yesterday dirt cheap so I thought what the hay.

This has to be the easist figure I've done so far, I took the head of the Hasbro body and repainted it with acrylics and then put it on a DML body and then slighty weathered the clothing and repainted the saber.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:24 AM by hemble »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 12" Count Dooku EPII
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Oh my God, that looks REAL!!!

Great job... man you are really showing how good the 12" could be if Hasbro did it right...

If you are looking for other ideas, the ROTS 12" Palpatine had a great looking head sculpt, but your painting would make it look like the actor got shrunk down to a toy.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2005, 02:02 PM »
I think that's the REAL Christopher Lee photoshopped with articulation and superimposed on the background... ;D

Damn, that looks simply amazing! The flesh tones on his face are so realistic...I'll bet if we looked closely at his hands, he's even have liver spots!

Simply incredible!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2005, 03:30 PM »
You've taken a really good figure and just made him fantastic! If it wasn't for the hand joints I'd sware that was Christopher Lee.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2005, 03:33 PM »
That is a much better paint job. I just hate the cape. It looks like he stole that from Barbie.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2005, 09:11 PM »
 :o Holy crow! Fantastic work on this one. Your ability to paint skin rivals the best. I guess this shows what a good paint job on a good headsculpt could do!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Very cool!  Amazing how just repainting the figure makes it look so much better!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2005, 05:10 AM »
Thanks all

Phurby - have to agree with you about the cape I tried dying it but the dye would'nt adhere to the material for some wierd reason.

also in the middle of doing Obi Wan from EPII and an Arc Trooper from EpIII so I'll post pics as soon as there done

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2005, 05:14 AM »
Thanks Guys

CHEWIE - I'm actually trying to find Palpatine but is rare as over here in OZ hopefully I'll pick one up soon.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Stargate Col Jack O'Neill SG-1 (lots of pics)
« Reply #28 on: May 5, 2005, 03:55 AM »
Hi All

finished O'Neill off in the wee hours of the morning I do apologize if it's not suppose to be here but I know a few of you are Stargate fans.

the head is from a memeber over on OSW as are the tranfers it was painted acrylics all the gear is from Dragon except the jacket which is from elite force(BBI) which have been weathered and slightly sanded.

I decided to give him a kevlar helmet instead of his well known baseball cap as I could'nt find one anywhere.

The boots have been redone using small eyelets and string a big thanks to scanmandan for sending me the eyelets and string.

the P90 sling is made from some old strips of material edging and also some modern day clips I had in the bits box.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:26 AM by hemble »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate Col Jack O'Neill SG-1 (lots of pics)
« Reply #29 on: May 5, 2005, 04:38 AM »
Holy crap! That looks amazing!

What a great likeness of Macgyver!  :P

Seriously, I'm speechless at how good this looks. Those Dragon models are amazing, and everything about this figure looks like it was store-bought, not custom made. Nice!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!