Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 61106 times)

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 12/02/06 PAGE 11
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2006, 01:29 AM »
Hemble, your ewok is amazing. the fur "length" works great for that particular character and makes him look completely movie accurate along with the wonderful paint apps. this is a really creative way to have a realistic furry ewok.

the Chewie doesn't seem to work as well, considering how long his fur was in the movies, it kind of looks as if he had a bad hair cut. the paint apps are great on him, i just think a different kind of fur would work much better that had a longer length to it on him.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2006, 01:40 AM »
I have to agree with Ripley on this one...Chewie's a great effort, but it just doesn't look natural. However, on Teebo, it's simply amazing how realistic it looks. I can't stop looking at it.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2006, 01:49 AM »
I hate to say it... but I agree that the Chewbacca figure doesn't look as good with this material.  Your technique is unreal and surpasses ANYTHING that I could ever attempt though.  So that's not a knock on the Wookiee, it just seems to work better on Teebo for some reason.  I don't know how many other species besides Ewoks it would work on... maybe a Whipid or something, it might look great on that species.  Or a Lak Sivrak figure too maybe.

Really though I think it comes down to us recognizing Wookiee hair as being kind of long.  But again, I commend you for a great custom and trying something most of us wouldn't even dream of trying.  Well done Hemble.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2006, 02:27 AM »
Hi Guys Thanks for the comments and yes I even have make a bad figure now and then (oh no did I actually say that) :) no but honestly I'm glad you guys don't bull**** and are straight forward that's why I like this forum so much.

I have to agree with you all, and HunterofThePegs comment made me laugh he wrote
Looks more like Chewie with Wookie Skin Disease

I have to agree the hair isn't long enough to work as effectively on a wookie but Teebo I think it looks good on him due to the short hair, I'm glad I did it on an older figure first then the new OTC Chewie, well back to the drawing board as they say.

And thanks for the feedback guys really apprecaite it.

Ron

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Neat chewie.
But I dont really think it looks like him.
It doesnt have the same effect as the static grass did on teebo but I love 3po!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Well, it seems like everybody covered any comments that I would make, but I have to echo what has already been said about Teebo - Simply Amazing!  That is such a great idea, I never would have thought of trying that.  When I saw the first pic, I couldn't figure out what scale that was (I thought it was at least a 1/6 scale figure by the detail).  Awesome!

My only problem with Chewie is his face.  I think the body and limbs look perfect, but the static grass didn't really work for the face.  Do they make longer static grass?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2006, 01:34 AM »
Hi Guys

Again thanks for the feedback and comments always appreciated. I went to the local teddy bear shop and got some fur so I'm going to try and layer it so I'll see how it goes.

Ron

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2006, 08:39 PM »
omg :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2006, 11:47 PM »
I'm gunna have to go with everyone else and say he looks good, but it doesn't quite work on chewie. Looks more like fuzz than fur. I think thats why it works on the ewok.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2006, 01:41 AM »
Gday Guys

Thanks for the feedback always appreciated.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2006, 12:45 AM »
Hi Guys

Just a quicky today  a sneak peak at 2.5 figures that I have been doing the batteries went dead while I was taking pics so i'll get new ones during the week and post the full lot. I thought I would do them in grey to keep you guessing what they look like in colour. ;D

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:36 PM by hemble »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - sneak peak 25/02/06 PAGE 12
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2006, 12:53 AM »
Most outstanding update - isn't that Imperial Officer great for parts?  I did a couple of Rykrof's similar to that, did that influence the idea at all.  Great job converting to a Stormtrooper for parts.  I love it.

Luke and Yoda rock too... very well done.  I can't wait too seem them in color, but there is something artistic about it being done in black and white.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2006, 01:28 AM »
Hi Chewie

Thanks mate and spoton it is the imp officer and yep I did get the idea after seeing your Rykrof I could'nt belive how well he looked(thanks mate) and thought I'll have to give him ago.

I think your going to love the colour version of Luke and Yoda I got alot more detail out in both figures it took me 6 days just to do these to so I hope you and the other guys/gals like them.

With the black and white pics I have to agree and also it leaves a little mystery to what it really looks like.

Ron

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2006, 01:41 AM »

Holy freakin' cow! I'm sure I will be equally impressed with the Luke/Yoda when you release the color pic, but this Imperial Officer is amazing! Way to take a good idea and really expand on it. This design seems so... so probable. I've never bought into the idea that Stormies go into battle all decked out in armor while the officers just take it on faith they won't need any. :)

Beautiful work.

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2006, 01:55 AM »
 :o Wow man even in grey they look dope I can't wait to see them in color!
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .