Author Topic: Customs for Disaster Relief Project  (Read 71516 times)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Re: Customs for disaster relief
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 11:54 AM »
This is a good idea. If I can help somehow, advertising the auction, or even contributing parts, or aquiring paints or sculpy, please let me know.

Kevin

Well, I can make customs, but I don't have an e-bay account. Could it be possible for me to send you a custom of mine for you to sell on e-bay on my behalf?

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2005, 12:10 PM »
I just happened upon this thread by accident, I'm not really sure what to say, but thank you. It is really a good feeling to know that there are people that care about you. It actually took me a little while to respond because I was completely blown away. Even if this doesn't come to pass, I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart just for even thinking about me.

I still dont really know how much damage was done to my home, when we went down there they wouldnt let me go down the long stretch of road to get to my apartment because there were too many downed tree limbs and power lines. They said it was too dangerous to go any further until they could clean it up a little. But my car was unharmed.

As of about 12:00 today I should be on the road to Gatlinberg Tennessee where my roomate has been relocated. One way or another I'll get back in touch as soon as i can.

I have a custom clone that I made that I would be glad to put up. In rather poor taste I named him Commander Hurricane. If I can send it to one of you once I get settled, Id be happy to donate him.

BTW because of UNO being off line,my email is not working. I got a new homail  account, and the addy is as follows.

Darth_Ennis@hotmail.com if anyone wants to drop me a line.

Once again, Thank you, all of you.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2005, 01:01 PM »
I just happened upon this thread by accident, I'm not really sure what to say, but thank you. It is really a good feeling to know that there are people that care about you. It actually took me a little while to respond because I was completely blown away. Even if this doesn't come to pass, I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart just for even thinking about me.

As of about 12:00 today I should be on the road to Gatlinberg Tennessee where my roomate has been relocated.

Good city to be relocated to, I tell you what. Tons to do! Car shows all the time along the "strip" as it were. The coolest thing about Gatlinberg is either the Smokey Mountain Winery, or The Ripleys Aquarium. They have an underground tredmill tunnel through the aquarium and it's one of the coolest things I've ever been to. :)

We just like to help. :)

How will this go down? Are we consolidating all the customs into one uniform action, or what?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005, 01:16 PM »
I think it'd be best if the customs were sold on e-bay separately rather than as a bundle. The way I see it, we could get more money for the relief effort that way.

And, Dartyh Ennis, it's good to hear you're safe and being relocated!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005, 02:16 PM »
well if your cars ok your apartment probably is to so thats great to hear ennis.
sorry i cant help out with the customs on ebay to help you directly but i am donating money every wed to the hurricane fund our school set up. 15$ isnt much but it helps

best regards still praying for u , cant wait to see com. hurricane

SP1635

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Sorry for posting so late
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005, 08:27 PM »
Hey guys,

Sorry for posting so late, I actually have bussines partners in Louisiana (Monroe to be exact and they are a lot of good people tah need help)

Ennis I hope you see this so you can send me  a mail and I will be happy to help out with what I can, its good to hear you are OK, and hopefully you can salvage some of your belongings, I was a victim of el NINO back in the early 90's and we lost everything, my house was like an aquarium and all I had left was literally the clothes on my back, we live in Mexico so no homeowners insurance or nothing, Hard Work, Help from Family, Friends & God got us back on our feet, please contact me at sanchezobg@yahoo.com and I will be glad to help.

8)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005, 09:18 PM »
Glad to see so many people interested in helping! The sense of community on this board is really great; that's the reason it's my favorite online community.

I figure we can do custom clones or custom Jedi; those seem to be the figures that net the most cash. I'll write up some common verbiage that we'll post in each auction; maybe it would be good for one person to be sent the figures, and then post each auction individually and be responsible for sending them to buyers. The payments can then be paypalled directly to Darth Ennis.

What do you guys think?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 01:47 AM »
I'll donate my Aqua Clone, if you think it'll sell. 

I think we should send the customs for donation to DD, since I'm sure he's got a lot of Ebayers that check to see what he sells. 

DD, if that's cool with you, pm me your address and I'll ship it asap.

B

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005, 02:36 AM »
The payments can then be paypalled directly to Darth Ennis.

What do you guys think?

That would work, as long as he can get online to let people know when the payments have been received and cleared so that figures could be shipped out. I think it might be better to have 1 person gather up all the figures and then post them, and collect all the money. After all the auctions have ended, that person could just send him a check/money order or paypal him - although I'm not sure paypal is really the way to go, since they charge you to accept payments (I think, I don't accept paypal so I'm not 100% positive). I also think that the person who does this should take a few $$ out of the end prices just to cover the ebay fees and shipping - they can add up in a hurry  ;)

It would also be great if we could somehow get some exposure on some of the Star Wars Collecting sites. Obviously, we can post a blurb on our front page here, but it would be great if some of the other sites would do the same. I'm guessing that StarWars.com would be out of the question though  :P

Oh, and I guess that you can count me in as well. Now, the question is what do I want to part with?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 03:03 AM »
I'll take all the customs and throw them up on E-bay. I think I'll make a clone of some kind to put up there as well.

I really don't Ebay much though so i'm not sure if I have enough feedback to get really good results, I have no negatives but I'm not sure if I have any positives either.
"This is the way."

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 05:41 AM »
DAMN! Why did I read this thread so late?

I want in as well. I'll see what I can come up with or have to sell.

Wouldn't it be interesting to make a "template" auction that we can copy en modify for our own custom?
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005, 09:11 PM »
There's still plenty of time to get in on this, don't worry.

I spoke with red5sixx, and he has agreed to auction the figures and cover the E-Bay costs. He has 100% positive feedback well into the thousands, and as part of that feedback, will probably get more for the figures than anyone else would.

Bjardkerr- I think your Aqua Clone would be awesome. I'm thinking of selling my custom Alpha with removable helmet.

Do we need to set a deadline on this? How about September 30th?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2005, 09:59 PM »
We might have to actually contact ebay and let them know what is going on... I'm sure there were hundreds of people who conducted "charity" auctions for Katrina victims, just like the thousands who conducted "charity" auctions for 9/11. Ebay might just shut down any auction that states it's for charity if it's not "officially sanctioned" - just something to think about.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2005, 11:03 PM »
K, I agree DD, let's have red5sixx auction the figures, since he probably gets tons of page views. 

I think the Sept. 30th deadline should be for having the figure in yours or your friend's hands.  That way he can list it and get it done by October 2nd. Then the proceeds could go to the beneficiaries as fast as possible.  I can ship my clone by the 18th to wherever, so send me a PM.  If we could expedite things by just donating figures already made, that might be better.  That way, the beneficiaries could get the help faster.

Jokabofe has a point:  If ebay has indeed terminated charity auctions for possible fraudulent causes, we need to cover our bases.  We would need to get all applicable info for the recipient(s) and call ebay to let them know a) we're auctioning stuff for charity, and b) whom exactly it goes to.  Maybe they have a standard process for handling such things.  Jokabofe, will you be the point-man on this?  I know Ennis is a beneficiary, but is there anybody else this is for?  We'd need their contact info, Paypal email, physical address (or PO if they can't get home), etc. 

Of course Red5sixx would keep a portion of the money to cover expenses, etc., as previously mentioned.

Concur with all, none, or some of the proposal?  Let's get this figured out ASAP for obvious reasons.

B

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Jokabofe, will you be the point-man on this?

I'll see if I can contact someone at ebay's customer service and see what they say.