Author Topic: Customs for Disaster Relief Project  (Read 71558 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Customs for disaster relief
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2005, 05:21 PM »
I'm thinking about making another Microman Scout figure for this auction, do you guys think that's a good idea?

Good idea. I'd buy one of your Micromen even it wasn't for charity.

Yeah, I vote for the Microman Scout too, that figure was incredible!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Alrighty, well I guess that settles that  8)
I might just send in the one that i've already made since I have had very little time for customs lately. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2005, 06:41 PM »
I asked the mod over at RS customs about pinning the charity thread at the top of the customs section. He said, I need to talk to Philip about it. So, I pm'ed Philip with my request. His answer was "No."

Somehow if this had originated at his site, I think his answer would have been different.

Yeah, he must have looked at the receipts from the Rebelscum store and didn't see any customers from that region of the U.S. so screw them, huh Phil?

I really don't see what the big deal is about posting a blurb on your main page? Is his heart really that black towards anything that originates outside his own little world? If he doesn't stand to profit from it, it's not worth his space? I mean seriously, what would happen if there was a natural disaster in his hometown, and he lost it all. Well, after I stopped laughing my ass off - which could be a few days - I would wonder how all those people are going to rebuild their lives. I've been seeing some stuff on the news about the area down there, and it's just horrible. Horrible horrible stuff that's been going on, and my heart really goes out to all of those people.

I think ty said it best with this quote:

As sad as it is to say, I think some sites are run by fans and other sites are run as a business.  Sadly many site users are unaware of that fact.

I didn't want this to become a bash RS fest - I know we've got enough of those here already - but damn, Phil... have a heart. I know it's in there somewhere, ya  Grinch. Maybe if I posted that 50% of the auction would go to the American Red Cross and the other 50% would go to Phil he would have posted it on the front page and allowed it to be stickied in the forum?

Sadly, I don't go to that forum any longer, after all the staff members from JediDefender.com were all banned... just for being staff members. I think they re-instated my account, but I refuse to go there just out of principle at this point.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Oh yeah, I had meant to sticky this a few days ago, and just kept forgetting  ::)

That happens when you get old, kids  :P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2005, 11:39 PM »
Here's a pic of the figure that I plan to send in:

This is one of my favorite customs that I have done, but I think giving it up for this cause is worth it.

Should I do anything to touch it up before I send it over to DD?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2005, 05:13 AM »
Here's a pic of the figure that I plan to send in:

This is one of my favorite customs that I have done, but I think giving it up for this cause is worth it.

Should I do anything to touch it up before I send it over to DD?

HOLY CRAP! I haven't seen that! I think you should leave it as it is.  ;D Very nice job on that.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2005, 05:40 AM »
Agreed.  I'm ready to start the bidding right now!   ;)

Offline coeli

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Sadly, I don't go to that forum any longer, after all the staff members from JediDefender.com were all banned... just for being staff members. I think they re-instated my account, but I refuse to go there just out of principle at this point.
You gotta to be kidding me!! I didn't know that happened! I know that some of the folks here were banned from the site, but I thought it was for something else and that it was none of my business.  That is really sad that someone could be so shallow over something as frivolous as a set of forums!
Sorry, back to the topic at hand......I should donate one as well, let me see what I could stand to part with :-[
"How can I get turned on, I am surrounded by little plastic men!";to quote my wife....

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Hey, we just got the word at ASWCC about the auctions. Thanks for the heads up, and for going through with this fundraiser.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2005, 12:47 PM »
Ok. I've decided to put this figure up for the cause mostly because I think he will sell well.

Should I wait to start the auction until the current one is done? Once posted, who do I need to contact in order to get all of the front pages updated? Jokabofe?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2005, 01:40 PM »
I know what you mean. All I asked was for the thread to be pinned. It's not like I wanted to take over a section of his home page with a direct link to these auctions. Just a simple sticky.

All it means is that those of us who visit there should make sure this is always bumped to the top whenever it falls out of the first ten posts... a pain but what else can you do?

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2005, 01:53 PM »
You guys could just keep updating it with the pics of the new auctions and then with links  for the auctions.
Maybe I should open an RS account just for that purpose...  ;)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2005, 03:10 PM »
Technically it violates the no advertising of ebay auctions in the custom section. But if they locked it or removed it they would look like even bigger jerks.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2005, 04:58 PM »
You gotta to be kidding me!! I didn't know that happened! I know that some of the folks here were banned from the site, but I thought it was for something else and that it was none of my business.  That is really sad that someone could be so shallow over something as frivolous as a set of forums!
Sorry, back to the topic at hand......I should donate one as well, let me see what I could stand to part with :-[

I think it is lame that no one really knows about that other than those of us who were banned. I got the ax cause at one point they banned CHEWIE there too and I got really pissed off at Philip and Dustin. That was when I realized that this is no more than a business to Philip and he wants to eliminated anything that threatens his income, which would include anything that would possibly advertise JD, or anything not affiliated with him in some way. I think it really shows a lack of class on Philip's part. This has nothing to do with us at JD, it is a charity thing.

Greg- Excellent choice with the scout, I think it should sell really well.
Phruby- Same thing. While it is just a repaint, repaints sell. And I have yet to see any other silver/gold figures, that could fit in with Hasbro's line.

So should I sell my droid or make a clone custom?
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2005, 05:27 PM »
SLC - your droid is awesome, although I don't know how popular droids are in relation to clones.  There are a billion Clone Customs on eBay right now, and most of them are crap but they still get some $$$.  That's a tough call... I think the droid would make a nice addition though  ;D