Author Topic: TSR #4 - Meeting Robilus Dralco  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
TSR #4 - Meeting Robilus Dralco
« on: September 9, 2005, 11:12 PM »

The Millennium Falcon lands inside Robilus Dralco's docking bay, located inside his giant mansion on Trideeno. Sivart Dralco leads the New Republic leaders into the lobby of the mansion.

HAN: Look at the size of this place! I never thought I’d ever be in a place this elegant for Republic business.
CHEWIE: Raaar!
SIVART: If you wait here, I’ll get my father.

Sivart looks at the women and smiles.
SIVART: You are free to stay the night as well, if you desire.
Han puts his arm around Leia.
HAN: Sorry, this one's taken.
Sivart winks and walks off. The group faces each other and begins talking.
LEIA: That guy is a creep.
LUKE: He’s not a creep, he just comes off strong with women.

Luke looks up at the nearby stairwell, as does everyone else. Standing at the top is a man in his early sixties, with fading blonde hair. He wears a business suit, with a sweater over it, giving him a unique look. He holds an amazing staff in his right hand. He is the richest man in the galaxy. He is Robilus Dralco.

ROBILUS: Welcome to my home, friends of the New Republic. I am Robilus Dralco. Please excuse me for my lateness, I was finishing up a business transaction.
LUKE: Mr. Dralco, it’s a pleasure to see you again.
ROBILUS: Is that little Luke Skywalker? My word, how you’ve grown up! Please, introduce me to your friends.
LUKE: Well this is Han Solo, and his Wookiee partner Chewbacca. Lando Calrissian, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, Tridia Forgs, Senator for this planet, Admiral Dorovan Elick, and our droids C-3PO and R2-D2.
ROBILUS: It is a pleasure to meet all of you. Please follow me to the dining room, I have prepared a light meal for your arrival. It's our famous Trideeno soup, a treat you can only get here on Trideeno!

Everyone follows Robilus into the large dining room. Chefs bring out bowls of soup and quickly exit back into the kitchen. As everyone begins eating, a servant droid approaches Robilus.
DROID: Master Dralco, the President is here.
ROBILUS: Ah, wonderful. Sivart, please invite President Talos to join us.
Sivart gets up and walks out of the room with the droid.
THREEPIO: Master Luke, if it’s alright with you, may Artoo and I look around the mansion? We won’t do anything harmful, we’ll only look!
LUKE: Do you mind Robilus?
ROBILUS: Be my guest!

Outside of the dining room, Artoo hurries around a dark corner.
THREEPIO: Artoo-Detoo, wait for me!
ARTOO: BWAAAAAAP!
THREEPIO: Artoo? Artoo? Where are you?

Suddenly an arm grabs Threepio from behind a hidden door.
THREEPIO: Oh my! Get your hands off –
Threepio is shut off and dragged away.

Back in the dining room…
LUKE: Mr. Dralco, I must say that Trideeno is growing extremely fast. I’m very impressed. The Senate and Jedi Council may have to set up new offices over here for easy access to the Outer Rim.
ROBILUS: We would welcome it with open arms. Though I do hope the expansion ends. I preferred Trideeno more when I first settled here, back when it was just the sister planet of Naboo. Now they refer to it as “the Coruscant of the Outer Rim.” Although I must admit, Trideeno seems to be the perfect mix of business and relaxation.

At this time, everyone has finished their meals. Sivart and Trideeno President Stomah Talos enter the dining room.
SIVART: Everyone, this is Trideeno president Stomah Talos.
Talos bows.
TALOS: Sivart has informed me about everybody here. You all have quite the reputations. I must say that I’m extremely impressed.
ROBILUS: No need to pucker up, Stomah. Your accomplishments are still amazing compared to theirs. Now please, friends, follow me. It’s getting late. I shall show you to your rooms.

As everyone follows the Dralcos out of the dining room, an arm pulls Admiral Elick into another hidden door.

ROBILUS: These are the guest suites. Please make yourselves at home, I’ll see you all at breakfast. President Talos has offered to give you all a tour of our capitol building.
HAN: Politics, fun. Anyway, thanks for everything, sir. I’m sure Chewie is thankful for your gratitude also.
CHEWIE: Raaaaaaar!
LEIA: I agree. Thanks a lot, Mr. Dralco.
LANDO: Thanks Mr. Dralco. If it’s possible, I’d like to play a game of sabaac before we leave.
ROBILUS: You’re all very welcome. I’ll see what I can do about that card game, General.
Everyone bows farewell and each guest enters a separate room. Luke, however, stops Robilus.

LUKE: Mr. Dralco, I have to be honest with you. The Republic has been having a lot of problems with the Remnant lately, as you probably already know. The reason we came here was to find out if you knew who was leading the Remnant. You’re the only one I know who has those kinds of ties.
ROBILUS: Luke, I’m going to be honest too. I’m disappointed that that’s your only reason to visit me, heh heh heh! In all seriousness, I have no idea, but I can work on it tonight. If I pull the right strings, hopefully I’ll have an answer by morning.
LUKE: Thank you so much, sir. You have no idea how much help this is to the Republic. Oh, one last thing, have you seen Admiral Elick or the droids?
SIVART: Elick and Forgs both have rooms downstairs. And I lead the droids to a droid chamber earlier, where they’ll spend the night with all the other droids we have.
LUKE: Right. Thanks again, Mr. Dralco. I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate your help.
ROBILUS: It is not a problem, Luke. Now go, get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow will be a big day.

Luke enters his room as the Dralcos and Talos leave. In the middle of the night, an explosion lights up the sky near the Dralco mansion. It came from the room of Luke Skywalker.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2005, 11:24 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: TSR #4 - Meeting Robilus Dralco
« Reply #1 on: September 9, 2005, 11:25 PM »
LUKE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I liked this chapter, alot. You should get a front page mention for this. This is unique. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:34 AM »
Very nice! This was yet another highly enjoyable chapter and I look foward to when all the action starts up in the subsequent installments!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 12:17 PM »
So, the plot thickens!  I wonder what has happened in Luke's room?  That's a great way to end this chapter...

I like how C3PO and R2D2 wandered off.  It doesn't sound too much like 3PO to want to wander off, I think it would be better if R2D2 had wandered off and 3PO was trying to catch up with him.

Anyways, seems like the New Republic leaders have a problem on their hands.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Dressel Jr:  Thanks! I'm trying to get it mentioned, it all just depends on when Colman gets off his ass and posts it! :P

Vator: Thanks a lot! FYI, we have one more chapter of "boring" stuff, then the action finally picks up again in part 6.  :D

CHEWIE: Thanks! I think I borrowed the cliffhanger ending from something out of the RE series. I can't remember since I wrote it a few months ago, but something inspired it!

Also, 3PO just wanted to look around while everyone ate, not much of the mansion, just the outside of the dining room. I did have R2 wander off around the dark shadow, then have 3PO follow him. Maybe I should have made that more clear in the novel.

And FYI, everyone, easy shooting locations and a free night watching football means that part 5 will be up very, very, very, VERY soon! :D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 12:18 AM »
Very nice Travis! :)

I love the cliffhanger ending, I can't belive Luke is dead!! :P :-*

I think you did a really goo job varying up the locations. I like how you have the really white sterile Dining rooms, then you have the light wood for the landing bay and the dark wood for the bedrooms. It is nice having distinctive backgrounds like that because we immediately get a sense of where the action is taking place. Your photography is improving too, you have some really nice crisp, clean close-ups.

You did a good job of advancing the plot without making it boring. I'll try and get to chaper 5 sometime soon. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 12:26 PM »
This is getting addicting!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!