Author Topic: New JD Review: Mace Windu (Lightsaber Attack)  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Mace Windu (Lightsaber Attack)
« on: September 10, 2005, 01:11 AM »
Forgot to put this out last night...  Busy.

Taking a look here at Mace Windu (Lightsaber Attack) in all his glory.  For those of you looking to find that definitive Mace Windu, well keep looking further because this isn't it.   :-\

I had to tweak my point of view a bit really to review this figure because had this been released in the 2002 Attack of the Clones figure launch, I honestly would've probably given it some praise for effort.

But comparing Mace to other ROTS figures he's a letdown really.  He's missing the articulation and aesthetics of collection 2 figures, and I think that while he's been a popular sell-through at retail that he's a letdown overall and I long for a truly super articulated Mace with a great likeness and softgoods robes.

The figure's a sign of Hasbro's effort to make Collection 1 BETTER though, and you have to give them some praise for that, but the figure is off the mark of quality as a LOT of the Collection 1 figures in ROTS's line were.

That's not to say the #6 Clone was a bad figure though,f or instance, but figures like the kicking Obi-Wan, Yoda, or Anakin were all missing something (or many things) and so is this Mace. 

The line's done well, I wholely believe that can be attributed to kids this time around whereas the last 2 films weren't that great to the public and subsequently the toy lines failed too.  ROTS had a lot more kid interest, Collection 1 moved then, but the kiddies will be leaving as they always do so hopefully that Mace we all want (you know you do) is on its way the way we want it.

Read the full review though, check back here if you'd like, and enjoy!  Thanks for the readership too, I wanted to take a moment to thank you guys that have chimed in and shared your thoughts and comments about the job I'm doing.  I appreciate that and you, as do all the Jedi Defender staffers.  Thanks!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Mace Windu (Lightsaber Attack)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 04:27 AM »
another well-played review Jesse :) You added alot of humor into this one-which WAS needed since the" flatness" of the subject. I particularly got a kick out of that comment about me being to cheap to get a movie ticket and how it wasn't your problem..LOL ;D

I agree on your assessment of his action feature. As I typically loathe most of them because they say
"cutting action" ect. and then you have this pathetic less than a centimeter movement :( At least with Mace it's more noticeable and fun to play.

Looking at these picks...I never realized... His legs look awefully short to me now-is it his jedi overcoat come down to far(to close to the knees(not in scale))? Or is it just late and I'm smokin' crack :-\

Well anyway G1, looking forward to your next review! :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New JD Review: Mace Windu (Lightsaber Attack)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 02:03 AM »
Thanks man...

Yeah, I tend to either be really into a figure I'm reviewing, really into trashing a figure I'm reviewing, or have just a bit of indifference.  I'm goofy that way. :)

Mace was weak but I kept laughing (not literally) at the thought of just how vastly superior this Mace Windu was to pretty much anything short of maybe the Episode 1 Mace figures.  Nothing from AOTC compared to this Mace, though the total control Windu was a "fun" figure to play with (sucky action figure though).

The ROTS figure is a weak effort though ultimately and it's ultimately comparable best to its casemates as well.  For a 2002 figure it was nice, but for a 2005 figure it's a lackluster effort on Hasbro's part no matter how well he's selling right now.

We need a SA Mace Windu at this stage...  A Jedi Evolutions set maybe, where Mace is the "Master", maybe Qui-Gon and E1 Obi-Wan are the other 2 in the set?  A true Jedi progression and all human,a nd I'd be into that set I know.  Or just a carded SA Mace ala Pilot Obi-Wan...  I just know we need a high quality Windu and need it soon because the prequals have done without that for too long now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77