Author Topic: Commander Gree - correct or incorrect?  (Read 3318 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Commander Gree - correct or incorrect?
« on: September 14, 2005, 12:12 AM »
I know that a bunch of us have made customs of Commander Gree, and that there is a Commander Gree coming soon from Hasbro. There has been much debate about his helmet colors, and most people are saying that Hasbro's own figure is wrong.

The newest issue of SW Insider is shipping with three collector's covers this next issue, and one of them features Commander Gree:

So is this the correct - or incorrect - helmet for Gree? I want to make a figure of him, dammit, but I want it to be right!!!  :P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Commander Gree - correct or incorrect?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 12:22 AM »
That would be one of the concept shots of him which is incorrect. The correct version is in the film (duh), and there seems to be very few pics of him other than comcept shots.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 12:22 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 02:55 AM »
I believe, he looks accurate, but just wait for the dvd and then make your own, by then a lot more reference pics should show up.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 08:16 PM »
I think the figure is about a month or two away from hanging on your friendly Walmart pegs, and it's not an army builder so it shouldn't be too bad to find.  This is one clone I'm just gonna buy.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 08:57 PM »
Even though I've made my own, and plan on doing another (after I get the DVD), I'll buy a few of him just 'cuz I'm clone crazy.  I believe it stems from me never getting any stormtroopers as a kid, but always wanting/asking for one. 

Yeah, I'll get a few of him and Bly, and as many 501st as I can get my grubs on.  I just can't get that blue looking right :-[

B

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Even though I've made my own, and plan on doing another (after I get the DVD), I'll buy a few of him just 'cuz I'm clone crazy.  I believe it stems from me never getting any stormtroopers as a kid, but always wanting/asking for one. 

Yeah, I'll get a few of him and Bly, and as many 501st as I can get my grubs on.  I just can't get that blue looking right :-[

B

Actually i think i'm clone crazy. I plan on buying 4 Grees(as long as they dont look like the crap one that was previewed over at GH. And im planning on buying6 Commander Bly's and like you, as many 501st Clones as possible. Any one else notice on the packaging of Commander Bly and Gree and some other references the 501st trooper were getting is a Tank Gunner?
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 03:45 PM »
I think that it's funny that hasbro's "release" version of Commander Gree matches neither the preliminary shots nor the movie version  ::)
Big swing and a miss there...

I'll buy a couple of Gree's, but I'll probably just end up customizing them  ;)
The Commander Bly looks pretty sharp so I might pick up a few of them.
I also noticed that the 501st Clone is now an AT-TE Tank Gunner repaint.  Once I saw that I picked up a few more #41 SA Clones to repaint in the 501st's color scheme.  I'll buy a few 501st clones when I see them, but I am no longer excited about these figures.  :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 04:02 PM »
I'm more excited about the Wookiee warriors than I am the new Hasblow clones.  That Gree is disappointing on every level.

I might buy a few 501st, and maybe a Bly but I already know I'm going to rework him to be more accurate, and have a removable helmet. Gree I may not buy at all, unless I decide to use him as a base for some custom camo clones. But that piece of crap will never be Gree in my collection.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 09:46 PM »
I'll probably get a few of these guys, just to have some green clones.

I wish they'd release a SA BARC Trooper though.

:P

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 12:50 PM »
I know that a bunch of us have made customs of Commander Gree, and that there is a Commander Gree coming soon from Hasbro. There has been much debate about his helmet colors, and most people are saying that Hasbro's own figure is wrong.

The newest issue of SW Insider is shipping with three collector's covers this next issue, and one of them features Commander Gree:

So is this the correct - or incorrect - helmet for Gree? I want to make a figure of him, dammit, but I want it to be right!!!  :P

This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 12:02 PM »
I think the screen shots that Talon provided are the correct version. But just wait for the DVD just to be sure.