Author Topic: Luke Stormtrooper  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Luke Stormtrooper
« on: December 21, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Please merge if the topic already exists. I have not been able to master the search feature here. :P

I just picked up a loose Luke Stormtrooper. It is the last Vinatge figure I need (not including Vinyl Jawa and the DT's.) Anyway, I'm in need of expert assistance to make sure I got the original helmet and weapon.

First, the helmet. I'm reasonably confident it's real, but never having even held one I new to be %100 complete, I just wanted to make sure. I'm confident it's real because it has slight pait wear and dirt/discolorization seems to have invaded the seams (slightly.) The helmet is also hard, which I wasn't expecting. I kind of thought it might be like Boushh's helmet. Any thoughts or test that I can do? Things I should check to test it's authentisity?

Now the Blaster. I am well aware that Luke's has a unique color tint. However, after comparing his blaster to the many I have, there seems to be several tint variations. Can anyone give me a dead bang comparisson? At first I thought it was the right one, now I'm not so sure. :(

Thanks in advance for your help.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Stormtrooper
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 07:14 PM »
The helmet is suppose to be hard, not like Boussh. You can check out this site for a little info:
Armoury

And if I remember correctly Luke's blaster is the absolute blackest one. Others have a blue tint, but his is completely black. Hope that helps.
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Thanks JR. The helmet does not have a circle on the back, so that's one more nod toward original.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2006, 10:26 AM »
I guess I got my question answered over at RS. They have a decent photo archive that at least shows three different Stormtrooper blaster colors, Blue, Black/Blue and Pure Black. I think that means that my Luke Stormtrooper Blaster is not the proper one, but it also means that I do not have the proper Han Trench coat blaster since that one is suposed to be pure black as well. :(

Here's another intersting fine point though, I think there is a 4 color since I have a few Stormtrooper blasters that seem to be between the blue black and pure black. They almost have a purple sheen.