Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 84034 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2006, 07:02 PM »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2006, 11:07 PM »
And once again the article mentions something about the script not being ready yet.  LOL!  It's just comical. 

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Quote from: Harrison Ford
I believe that Sean is still willing and I'd be delighted if he joined us,

Quote from: Harrison Ford
Ford, 64, said at the inaugural Rome Film Festival on Friday that he was delighted to team up again with directors . . .

How delightful.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2006, 08:43 PM »
'Indiana Jones' to Be Filmed Next Year

By ALICIA CHANG
The Associated Press
Friday, December 29, 2006; 8:02 PM

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited "Indiana Jones" movie will begin next year. Harrison Ford, who appeared in the three earlier flicks, the last one coming in 1989, is set to star again. Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.

"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.

The fourth chapter of the "Indiana Jones" saga, which will hit theaters in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum.

Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."

"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.

At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."

Lucas praised Ford for breathing life into his character.

"Mostly it's the charm of Harrison that makes it work," he said.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Yeah, I just read that article somewhere else.  Well maybe something could possibly get done on this project...maybe. 

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 6, 2007, 03:48 PM »
Production starts some time this year! Hopefully Lucasis better at re-visting Indy than SW.*cough*jarjar*cough*
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 8, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Out of all the writers, they went with Keopp, the worst one. My faith in this project being good is pretty low.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 8, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Yah, kind of like when they went with the worst child actor audition I've ever seen for Anakin in ep1.

To quote C-3PO:  "We're doomed."
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2007, 03:11 AM »
Spielberg supposedly offers Clint Eastwood a role

Probably pure bull****, but interesting to contemplate nonetheless.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2007, 04:16 AM »
Indiana Jones 4: The Search For The Man With No Name! Waa Waa Waaaaaaaaaa.....

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2007, 10:30 AM »
from that link:
As I recall, Sean Connery has mentioned that he has no intention of reprising his role as Indy's father in INDIANA JONES IV. Though I may be recalling incorrectly as the many twists and turns the development of this movie has taken are enough to make anybody's head spin. Either way, there's now a report that his saying yes depends on how much he responds to the script. "At the moment there's nothing decided. I haven't got the script. Everything depends on the script," he apparently told UK Teletext recently.

yes.  for a man of Connery's artistic integrity, everything must truly hinge on a a quality script

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #116 on: February 2, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I've heard a lot of dumb things about Indy 4, but this one's gotta be the dumbest yet (at least for now):

Indiana Jones 4 update: Harrison Ford demands whip

Harrison Ford has threatened to quit the new Indiana Jones movie, unless he gets to use a real whip.

The 64-year-old actor, who plays the daredevil archaeologist, was told the weapon would have to be computer generated because of new film safety rules.

Harrison branded the rule "ridiculous" and said he would pull out of the film if he couldn't wield his whip.

A source said: "The idea was to take away the risk element the whip carries.

"Safety laws have changed since the last film and movie makers have to be much more careful. Now they use computer graphics for any dangerous stuff."

There's a joke involving this guy in there somewhere; I'm just too dumb to figure it out:

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 2, 2007, 09:50 AM »

There's a joke involving this guy in there somewhere; I'm just too dumb to figure it out:

Indy:  Throw me the whip!

Satipo:  What whip?

Indy:  The whip on the ground there!!

Satipo:  You mean this bright green, nerf coated rope?

Indy:  Aw hell...yeah, ok...whatever...

Satipo:  Ok...but look out...when you get over the gap here, there's going to be a teamster with a silver ball on a stick and you're going to have to pretend he's a giant boulder chasing you down through that green hallway up there.

Yeah...I got nothing either.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2007, 09:52 AM by name »

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 2, 2007, 10:44 AM »
You know,  I was thinking about this while I walked over to a meeting...what the hell is Ford talking about?

They always used a professional whipmaster as a double for anything more complicated than a basic swing anyway on the other Indy flicks.  All Harrison ever worked with were the "hero" props...the pretty whips that coiled nicely on his belt.  Nothing's changed...he'll still have a practical prop for all his scenes, and instead of a double coming on to do the more rigorous whipping, they'll cg it in.

Of course, I'm skeptical about a CG whip in terms of how it will look and would rather they stick to a practical prop myself, but we all know that Lucas will CG Indy's hat into every shot if he wants to.

Retard.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #119 on: February 2, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Yeah...I got nothing either.

Hey, better than anything I could come up with.

Here's a pic that's just begging for some Photoshoppery: