Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55035 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #15 on: October 2, 2005, 08:43 PM »
What a fantastic time I had at Giants Stadium today watching the Giants take on the Rams.  Great weather, plus I had nice seats close to one of the goal lines.  The Giants offense has been the best in football through week 4 and today Eli Manning pretended he was Peyton, he just keeps getting better and better.  He loves Plaxico Burress apparently, those two hooked up for completions all day long.  Close to 300 yards and 4 TDs for Manning. I have high hopes for this guy.

The best part though was this freak of nature who was screaming really funny obscentities throughout the game, just about after every play.  We were noticing he called someone an "*******" on just about every possession, so I started keeping track of the official "Section 123 ******* of the Possession" and unfortunately it was most often Tiki Barber, the jersey I was wearing.  But this guy looked like a midget or something with this weird Giants-braid dreadlock hat and was hammered silly, apparently unaware the Giants were up by 10-20 points most of the game.  Finally some people turned around and said, "Dude, you know we're winning, right?" and this guy responded, "Oh, man, we are.  I just can't take this game of football," and slid down in his seat, finally silent for the 4th quarter.  We're not sure if it was the 10th Miller Lite that did it for him, or if he was finally soothed by the knowledge that we were winning.

Great experience.

Go Giants!!

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 3, 2005, 02:34 PM »
Daunte Culpepper - 2 more INT.

At this pace, he'll throw 40 INTs this year... will Blanda's record 42 INTs in one year be in danger?   :P

Guess we'll all have to keep watching.

The Vikings suck.  They knocked Vick out of the game and STILL couldn't stop the Falcons from running all over them.  Sure, the Vikes have 5 injured Defensive players, but come on - even Matt Schaub got off a few long runs on them.  He had almost as many yards as Vick on the same number of carries...  :-\

The Offensive line was horrible (again).  What happened to the team that showed up against NO last week?  Too bad they were replaced once again by the team that played against Cincinatti 2 weeks ago.   :(

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 3, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Okay I was going to reserve this another week, but yesterday sealed it for me:

The Vikings SUCK.

They can't run, they can't pass, they can't play D.  I think they are totally hopeless now.  I think C-Pep could be great if he had some kind of running game to keep the opposing D off balance, or if he had some wideouts, but the man has not a stitch of talent to work with.

I have to be fair though, the NFC North is packed with garbage teams, it's anyone's division so you can't totally write them off yet, as hideous as they are.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2005, 03:09 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 3, 2005, 03:04 PM »
I couldn't be happier with the way things have shaken out so far this season. :)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 3, 2005, 03:13 PM »
I couldn't be happier with the way things have shaken out so far this season. :)

You mean how the schedules worked out and you get to play 4 games against the hopeless NCF North this year?

The NFC North is bad, bad, bad.  Three teams with one win and the Packers (0-3) play tonight to try to join them.   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 3, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Wins are wins.  Over the last 2 years, the Bucs would have lost those close games.  Part of getting to the playoffs is beating the teams you're supposed to beat - the Vikings haven't been able to do that, the Bucs did (even though they were underdogs against the Vikings and Bills).

Despite the crappiness of some of those teams, the Bucs are number 1 in rushing-defense (allowing 61 ypg), 3rd in pass-defense and number 1 in overall defense.

They're also running the ball well (with the exception of yesterday, but Griese threw for over 300 yards to compensate).  It's a winning combination.  The only drawbacks/things to be concerned about are penalties (they've had LOTS) and Griese's 3 INT's yesterday - but reports today are that he was playing with a concussion, so it's not worth panicking on that one yet.

Up next, the Jets, Dolphins, and Niners.

The Bucs could be 7-0 before we know it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 3, 2005, 04:53 PM »
The Bucs are going to kill the Jets, and then split with the Dolphins and Niners to go 6-1.  Anyway you cut it, they're in damn great shape.

And if they're not, Rob can always do what he suggest I do in his PM to me, which is available upon request.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 3, 2005, 05:13 PM »
The Bucs are going to kill the Jets, and then split with the Dolphins and Niners to go 6-1.  Anyway you cut it, they're in damn great shape.

And if they're not, Rob can always do what he suggest I do in his PM to me, which is available upon request.

Sharing PM's probably isn't the smartest thing to do - I think they ban you from Rebelscum for that.  Not to mention the fact that I have more than 1 from you that are equally inappropriate.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 9, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Today's play of the day (this one's for you JMAC  ;) ):

:-*

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Looks like the injuries are starting to catch up to the Pats.  Too many changes in the secondary and not enough turnovers.  I still think they'll win the division, but the bye may be in jeopardy. 

On the bright side, it looks like Tedy Bruschi is coming back.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2005, 10:43 PM »
I don't think the Houston Texans could possibly be any more woeful and pathetic.  They are just impotent.  They average 11 points per game only, haven't scored in a first quarter, and aren't doing a thing against the Seahawks tonight.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 10:44 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 11:24 PM »
I love my team and all and will for all my life but I think today is about as low as they have ever been in my lifetime

Watching Daunte play like he is doing is painful...I almost hope they lose out and draft Reggie Bush #1

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Damn.

I wish all Seattle's games were on Sunday nights all season long.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I love my team and all and will for all my life but I think today is about as low as they have ever been in my lifetime

Watching Daunte play like he is doing is painful...I almost hope they lose out and draft Reggie Bush #1

This team is done.  The only thing we have to look for now is next year, when we know there will be a ton of changes everywhere, hopefully for the better.  A high first rounder would be nice, too, but they need a guy who can make a difference right away.  They need a ton of help everywhere.   

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2005, 12:19 PM »
Best of times/worst of times for the Bucs at the moment.  5-1 heading into  a much needed bye week with a lot of injuries piling up.  Eagerly awaiting news as to whether Griese's knee is sprained (as initially thought) or if he has a partially torn ACL (as the local papers are reporting). 

The injury report has me concerned... but the bye week is very timely.

Starting RB Cadillac Williams - foot arch
RB Michael Pittman - Neck Stinger
Starting Safety Dexter Jackson - Hamstring
Starting Safety Jermaine Phillips - Broken Thumb
Nickleback Juron Bolden - Possible Dislocated Shoulder
Starting WR Michael Clayton - Previously Dislocated Shoulder
Starting Middle Linebacker Shelton Quarles - Undisclosed Back Injury
Starting QB Brian Griese - Possible torn ACL