Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55381 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #180 on: January 8, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Man, I felt bad for Carson Palmer...

He had such a great year and to go out like that was just crappy.  I wonder how it would have turned out for the Steelers if he had played the whole game?  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 8, 2006, 08:41 PM »
I'm fairly positive that it will be a much better outing by the Bears as well.  They're rested, playing at home, and it will be cold.   But this is why they play the games.

Plus Rex Grossman, while not the second coming of Peyton Manning, is a hell of lot better than Kyle Orton.

[oldmanvoice]Did I ever tell you fellas about the time I ran into Rex Grossman at the Post Office?[/oldmanvoice]

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 8, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Steelers!!  Steelers!!  STEELERS!!!

Time to provide my wild card weekend two cents and my predictions for the divisional playoff games next week.

Redskins vs. Bucaneers:  I was anticipating a snoozefest, then thought to myself well we do have Cadillac and Galloway vs. Santana Moss and Portis.  But that didn't really work and I resigned myself to the fact that this is a snoozefest unless you're from Florida or Washington, and this was the only game I really couldn't get into.

Jaguars vs. Patriots:  No surprises here.  The Patriots D looked great.  Brady looked great.  I love how you never know who Brady is going to throw a touchdown pass to, could even be a lineman.

Giants vs. Panthers:  Justice was finally served.  All this talk about Tiki for MVP and Eli being the 2nd coming of Joe Namath was starting to make me nauseous.  DeShaun Foster was an animal, Steve Smith was great, and Delhomme was solid.  I thought the Panthers and Giants had about a 50-50 chance, but I thought this game would be much closer.

Steelers vs. Bengals:  All I can say, even though my team won, is OUCH for Carson Palmer.  That really sucks.  It didn't take away from my win though.  I LOVED that gadget play when Roethlisberger handed off to Randle El and faked the rush, drew all of the front seven and defensive secondary in to stop the run, flicked it back to Roethlisberger and threw downfield for perhaps the most wide open TD pass ever to a wide receiver.  What a beautiful first TD for Cedrick Wilson. 

Predictions for next week:

Seahawks vs. Redskins:  Seahawks, and probably big.

Patriots vs. Broncos: Patriots in a close one.

Panthers vs. Bears:  Cold weather, extra week rest, deep running game, I'll go with the Bears in a close one.

Colts vs. my Steelers:  Steelers baby!!  Superbowl here we come!!
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: January 9, 2006, 12:35 AM »
Personally, I don't think it would have necesarilly meant the game goes all the other day Jeff, mostly because their backup played well for most of the first half and had his moments in the 2nd half too, and also the fact their QB went down didn't mean that their Oline needed to collapse like it did (and their backup handled pressure better than Palmer can IMO), nor did their Defense have to sorta fold on itself either.

The Steelers kinda had their **** together at the end of the first half, and into the second half you could tell they'd had a talking to in the locker room.  I think Palmer's injury was one of many things that went wrong for Cincy throughout the game, and it happened right away and they still were playing better than the Steelers were for a large part of the 1st half.  The Steelers just persevered...  So to me the injury means less, it doesn't take away from the win for the blackand gold.  That's my opinion though.

Von Hoelhoffen (I just butchered his name) was visibly upset at Palmer's injury, it was completely unintentional despite how some of the Bengals reacted...  I don't know if they were trying to build off the anger or if they genuinely didn't realize it was an accident...  That game got ugly fast from that injury though.

It was a good game...  Won similarly to the last few where the Steelers have some sloppy play at first that is turned around later in the game.  I was really thinking they weren't going to win till the last couple drives of the first half where they seemed to buckle down some.

Glad to see the Bengals going home packing.  :)  I hate Ohio.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline sfg

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 9, 2006, 11:43 AM »
This thread is for NFL Regular Season.  You are all off-topic. 

Please get the conversation back on topic, or I will be forced to lock this thread.

Thank you.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: January 9, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Dammit, sfg strikes again.  :(

And he's right too.   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 9, 2006, 11:06 PM »
I suppose we should start a post-season thread then to avoid any infringments on the rules...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: January 9, 2006, 11:10 PM »
Way to go  :)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2006, 12:38 PM »
Could you not just change the name of this thread so that it would incorporate both the regular season AND the playoffs?  Or is that a no-no?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2005-06 (Now with Playoffs!)
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2006, 05:56 PM »
Go Bears!!! 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Not where the ever anal  :) is concerned. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2006, 02:28 PM »

someone explain why anyone in their right mind would hire this guy?  He's about the worst coach around and has done nothing with any of the talent they had in New Orleans.  A career record of 45-51 and 1 playoff win.  Wow

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2006, 04:24 PM »
So I admit, I don't really pay much attention to the NFL...except where the Carolina Panthers are involved. So in light of that, Go Panthers!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2006, 11:33 PM »
So, how about my 'Hawks playing a tough game after losing Alexander in the first half of the first quarter and still hanging on for the win? It wasn't pretty, but that's ok.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2006, 03:22 PM »
It's going to have to be one impressive comeback for Indy to win this one :o  Nice D in Pittsburgh.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.