Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55331 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
NFL 2005-06
« on: September 11, 2005, 04:48 PM »
The Jets looked like a high school football team today.  All that talk about, "Oh, the Jets are gonna run wild on that Chiefs defense," and "The Jets defense is gonna stop Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson cold" didn't really pan out like these NY writers thought.

Jets suck.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2006, 11:41 AM by Jeff »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL Offseason 2005
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 06:04 PM »
The Jets looked like a high school football team today.  All that talk about, "Oh, the Jets are gonna run wild on that Chiefs defense," and "The Jets defense is gonna stop Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson cold" didn't really pan out like these NY writers thought.

Jets suck.

The same could be said about the Broncos. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Woot, what a day for Daunte!

Only 233 yds with 3 INT, 2 Fumbles, 0 TD passes!   >:(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 12:09 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 12:32 AM »
Cadillac Williams, Jimmy Smith, the TE Smith from TB, and Larry Johnson have to be the biggest surprises of the day.  Oh, and the 49ers taking down the Rams.  I guess that's the Niners win for the season  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:41 AM »
I'd say Cedric Wilson's performance deserves some acclaim as a surprise too.  That was a fun game to watch for Steeler's fans.

Nice seeing Roethlisberger dropping the pre-season blues and getting his **** together too.  Perfect record for the day, not too shabby, and some really impressively accurate passing on his part, especially when pressure came in.

Other than the opening drive we got stomped on by the Titans, that was a fun game to catch. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 12:44 AM »

I expect him to suffer without Moss, but this is probably a tad worse than what his average will be.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 12:50 AM »
How 'bout those Giants?  ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Daunte as the undisputed team leader=Custer at Little Big Horn.  The NFC North is horrible.  Not one of those teams impresses.  They might have a team win the division with 6 or 7 wins.  Ugly.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 04:31 PM »

>:(

The Moss-less era sure is off to a crappy start...

0-2 and Daunte = 155 yrds with 5 INT and 0 TD Passes (though he managed to finally run one in).

A ratio of 8 INT to 0 TD passes to start the year = 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 01:42 AM »
How bout them Buccaneers!

I haven't had this much to cheer about since week 2 of 2003.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 12:39 PM »

>:(

The Moss-less era sure is off to a crappy start...

0-2 and Daunte = 155 yrds with 5 INT and 0 TD Passes (though he managed to finally run one in).

A ratio of 8 INT to 0 TD passes to start the year = 

Marcus Robinson and Nate Burleson will never be Randy Moss.  There's no doubt that C-Pep benefitted from the black hole that is Randy Moss, sucking up every pass that comes his way.  Time will tell, but I don't think the Vikings have a good enough passing or running game to do anything this year.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 01:17 PM »
The O-line actually gave Culpooper time yesterday, he just wasn't making the correct throws.  He would throw to a covered guy even if the defender was in between the reciever and the ball.  He overthrew.  He underthrew.  He forced the ball at the wrong time.  He locks onto one reciever and misses  out on open guys.  He panics too easily.  He's not a bright man from what I can tell.  I would take a smart QB who keeps his cool anyday over a supposedly gifted athlete that looks good on paper anyday.  Too bad those types are hard to find.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 02:05 PM »
The O-line actually gave Culpooper time yesterday, he just wasn't making the correct throws.  He would throw to a covered guy even if the defender was in between the reciever and the ball.  He overthrew.  He underthrew.  He forced the ball at the wrong time.  He locks onto one reciever and misses  out on open guys.  He panics too easily.  He's not a bright man from what I can tell.  I would take a smart QB who keeps his cool anyday over a supposedly gifted athlete that looks good on paper anyday.  Too bad those types are hard to find.

At the same time, if C-Pep snaps out of this suddenly and puts up McNabb or Manning numbers, I wouldn't be shocked either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 12:49 AM »
Pittsburgh lost a hard-fought game today from both sides.  outplayed is outplayed though.  We had shining moments but the attempt at a latteral was ultimately the turning point I'm afraid.

Kept me glued to the TV right to the end, but the D didn't do squat for the last drive and we just didn't match up well today.  Was a fun game to watch but my toe's still stinging from kicking the wall, heh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 01:57 AM »
Update:  Bucs fans still thrilled!  A tough win on the road and a lot of bad penalty calls against both teams.  A 1 point win against a team that missed a PAT.

And after a 158 yard performance, Cadillac Williams is the undisputed frontrunner for ROY at this early stage.  434 total yards rushing in his first 3 games, a record, and also the first rookie in NFL history to rush for 100 yards in each of his first three games.

The Bucs are running the ball very well, and shutting down the run very well - and 3-0.  And they play the Lions, Niners, Bears, and Dolphins in the upcoming weeks.   I love it.