Author Topic: Scenes that made you shudder  (Read 15307 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: Scenes that made you shudder
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 02:11 AM »
I have to admit the delivering of the twins gets me every time. I think it is lees the recreation of the classic scene of staring up at the twin suns than John Williams powerful score.

OTOH, it might just be the realization that this is finally the end of the line.

I actually disliked the recreation of that scene.  It seemed horribly forced to me. 

John

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2005, 08:49 AM »
I do not know about that but the binary sunset thing gets me everytime.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 03:55 PM »
The Separatist Slaughter
Grievous' Death
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 03:58 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline DarthDooku

• Youngling
  • They want you to spy on me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 10:52 PM »
birth of the babie
Search for the exlax I must constipated I am-Master  Yoda

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 10:49 PM »
Order 66 and Obi's "You Were the Chosen One!" Speech.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 12:48 AM »
The order 66 montage just sort of makes you stop and say "Wow, the clone wars, everything the people thought they were fighting about in episodes 1 and 2, was fake." I mean, you figure out a good bit earlier how everything's been orchestrated and such, but it just really emotionally hits you in that scene as you see so many of the Jedi effectively (and literally) shot in the back by their supposed allies.

It really struck me the way Palpatine raised his hands after announcing his New Order, and the applause got louder in sync with it, like he was turning a volume knob! That just sort of creeped me out.

I honestly have no idea why critics complain about Padme and Anakin's dialogue in this movie, because I thought every bit of it was appropriate. Even the infamous "nooooooooooooo!" I think, is exactly what he would say at that moment- it's a very emotionally powerful scene, in my opinion. The way his anger tears apart the room, and Palpatine just kind of chuckles...

I agree that the entirety of what happened on Mustafar pretty much qualifies, as well.

And I kind of shuddered a bit to seeing Vader and Palpatine looking out on the Death Star prototype/frame, and Tarkin sort of hovering off to the side...

I don't know if this really is on-topic with the shuddering, but I find this movie more than the first two somehow makes me really, absolutely feel like I'm watching something tied to the original trilogy. I mean, mentally I make all the connections with the other two movies... but here it all just kind of clicked and made me say "oh, crap!" And then a few well-placed scenes of familiarity only helped to bolster it- the Tantive IV for example. I also really liked the scenes at the end with Luke and Leia- very cool.

I really don't think they could've done much better with this movie :) The acting was all very, very good, as well. The only thing that really irks me is the ill-explained business with Qui-Gon. They should've completed a scene, or skipped it altogether- although the thought that Obi Wan got to talk to Qui Gon every now and then on Tatooine is cool.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 09:10 AM »
Mace Windu's Death

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 01:45 PM »
I find the part where Anakin walks into the younglings "room" and the younger boy says something to the affect of "Master Skywalker, there's too many of them."

Right then, Anakin ignites his lightsaber and the boy jumps a little.

Man, that part is sad because you know Anakin is about to stoop to an all time low and kill those kids.

And the end when Padme is naming the children as they are born.  Crying at the same time. 

Two new lives, a mother dying, a father being reborn.

Sad stuff.

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 03:17 PM »
Most of my favourite scenes have already been mentioned bar a couple.

I just love the scene the when Obi Wan and Anakin start fighting on the collection arm just after it falls in the lava river (scene 43 on the dvd).  The score gives the scene a real feeling of doom and desperation as two former freinds fight to the death.

but my favourite scene from the enite SW saga is

the moment Bail arrives at the temple and is told to leave by the clone troopers.  Jimmy S really nails the "and so it is" line.  It's the perfect end to the order 66 scene, you know for sure that the republic has had it's day after that.  Top stuff.

Offline Jedi Lord667

• Youngling
  • True Blue Star Wars Fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 10:54 PM »
I shuddered at the scenes where Anakin started slowly losing his friends like Padme and the good side as his overwhelming urge for power clouded him from Padme and Obi-Won. I love the music where Anakin and Obi-Won fight. Anyone know what the name of that song is? Please pm me it pleasE! ;D
The Ultimate Star Wars fan

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 6, 2007, 03:46 PM »
when palpatine said my little green friend

I suck.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 03:39 AM »
I stumbled upon this topic and I liked it a lot, so...

1. Definitely Padme's funeral (seeing her dead made me so sad!).

2. When Anakin ignites his lightsaber on the Jedi younglings.

3. Padme confronting Anakin on Mustafar and being strangled by him.

4. Padme giving birth and dying while the scene cuts to armored Vader rising.

5. Obi-Wan and Yoda stumbling upon the Jedi bodies, while the scene shifts to Palpatine proclaiming the Republic a new Empire.

6. Obi discovering Padme's pregnant, while the scene shifts to Vader crying on a Mustafar balcony.

The great new music in this film helped a lot.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 2, 2010, 02:20 PM »
The part that gets me starting is when Anakin ignites his lightsaber on the Jedi younglings and when Order 66 is being carried out.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours