Author Topic: Custom Star Wars Kubricks  (Read 105749 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Star Wars Kubricks
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2009, 10:48 AM »
A question for you (or others) on customizing Kubies.  Do all of the parts just pop off or will they break?  Do you boil and pop to get pieces apart? I thought the heads would at least come off easily, but I feel like I'm going to break the clonetrooper or stormtrooperhead if I pull any harder.  Thoughts/suggestions?

For the Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers, you have to separate the torso in order to get the heads off.  Medicom has added a nice lip to the neck post that doesn't allow it to be pulled from the torso.

I boil the figures for a few minutes to get the glue soft and then use an exacto knife to split the pieces of the torso apart.  Good luck!  Shoot me a PM if you have any additional questions.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2009, 10:39 PM »
You guys had to expect that this one was coming... Probably the last of the M&M Troopers - Utapau!

The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06 PM »
The Utapau Trooper came out very nice I am Sith. Nice job

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 21, 2009, 04:46 AM »
Those Clones are great, but I love the Yoda.  He looks great in the cloak.  8)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Commander Bly:

I have to thank Morgbug for the ROTS Bly.  Couldn't have done it without that figure.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2009, 12:15 AM »
Wow, these just keep getting better.  That looks really nice IAS!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2009, 11:13 PM »
That's awesome. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 2, 2009, 09:34 PM »
'No more commands from her Highness today Captain.'

Tatooine Qui-Gon:

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 2, 2009, 10:07 PM »
that is feaking awesome

Offline gimpace

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 4, 2009, 12:13 AM »
I've got a question for all you customizers.  I recently made a purchase on eBay for the Star Wars Mail Away Box Set which includes the Snowtrooper.  I rushed my bid only to realize later that the picture included in the auction was not the actual set being sold and that the Snowtrooper figure had fallen out of a 5th story window of an apartment building!  I'm a little upset with myself because I think I overpaid for the set but at the same time I'm still really excited to get the figures.  Anyway the seller sent me pictures of the Snowtrooper and it actually looks like it is in a lot better shape then I expected.  The only real problem is there is a deep scratch on it's head.  So basically I'm wondering what the best way to remove/cover up the scratch would be.  If you'd like a picture before making a suggestion I can provide one.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

- Jake

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 4, 2009, 12:18 AM »
I've got a question for all you customizers.  I recently made a purchase on eBay for the Star Wars Mail Away Box Set which includes the Snowtrooper.  I rushed my bid only to realize later that the picture included in the auction was not the actual set being sold and that the Snowtrooper figure had fallen out of a 5th story window of an apartment building!  I'm a little upset with myself because I think I overpaid for the set but at the same time I'm still really excited to get the figures.  Anyway the seller sent me pictures of the Snowtrooper and it actually looks like it is in a lot better shape then I expected.  The only real problem is there is a deep scratch on it's head.  So basically I'm wondering what the best way to remove/cover up the scratch would be.  If you'd like a picture before making a suggestion I can provide one.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

- Jake

Hey Jake,

Congrast on getting the box set for starters - that's a nice piece.  For the Snowtrooper, I personally would just wait a year for the Deluxe wave to hit.  That has a very similar snowtrooper and you can just swap heads.  That shouldn't be too expensive in comparison and will look better than any kind of fix up job.  Just my two cents.  Good luck whatever you do!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline gimpace

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 4, 2009, 12:37 AM »
Hey Jake,

Congrast on getting the box set for starters - that's a nice piece.  For the Snowtrooper, I personally would just wait a year for the Deluxe wave to hit.  That has a very similar snowtrooper and you can just swap heads.  That shouldn't be too expensive in comparison and will look better than any kind of fix up job.  Just my two cents.  Good luck whatever you do!

I didn't even think about doing that.  I'm sure the Snowtrooper will be common as well since most of the imperials have been, so that's a plus.  I might keep my eye out for a single Stormtrooper as well in case a really good deal hits eBay, but ultimately I think I will swap the heads when the new Snowtrooper comes out.

Thanks a lot,
Jake

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 4, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Hey Jake,

I didn't even think about doing that.  I'm sure the Snowtrooper will be common as well since most of the imperials have been, so that's a plus.  I might keep my eye out for a single Stormtrooper as well in case a really good deal hits eBay, but ultimately I think I will swap the heads when the new Snowtrooper comes out.

Thanks a lot,
Jake

;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 4, 2009, 12:10 PM »
Hey Jake,

Thanks a lot,
Jake

One think to keep in mind is that you're going to need to separate the torso in order to do a head swap.  If you're careful when you're opening the torso you shouldn't be able to tell.  Good luck!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 1, 2009, 09:58 AM »
Okay, so I was able to do the head switch I wanted, but after boiling and popping the arms off, I can't seem to get them back on.  I'm working with a clone trooper and just want the same arms back in there, but the hole looks ridiculoously small.  Any suggestions?  I was able to pop the legs back on, but they are a little looser than I'd like.   :-\