Author Topic: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)  (Read 74095 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 01:49 AM »
Hopefully, we can take some comfort in the fact that EE posts that the images may be prototypes.

Also, where does the image come from? It looks like both Yodasnews and GH took the image from EE and slapped their watermarks on it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 02:05 AM »
Now, here is an idea. Suppose it is a mixed assortment that some variants are the SA Clone and some 501st come in the AT TE Clone body? Then the hunt gets interesting.

Scary, but damn that would beclever. That would be one hell of a variant!

Also, where does the image come from? It looks like both Yodasnews and GH took the image from EE and slapped their watermarks on it.

Those are definitley Hasbro images. Looks like they lit them with the orange ROTS lighting to slap on a background like the #1-56 poster. They'll probably show up on RS, too, once they're done Photoshopping in their blue background to make the figures look like they're in Scum's possession.  ::)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 02:15 AM »

So what ..'Oh no!'..it's got swiveling arms.. then *******
by ten of them and add them to your tank gunner army and have their 'swiveling arms' all hugging each other..GEEZ! :P ::)

I think it would be pretty close to a consensus that the SA #41 Clone body is the best - so why wouldn't we complain when they don't use the best?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2005, 04:46 AM »
Does it really matter..really..? It's a ******' repainted clone
 and the only complaining that people will be doing when they release it is "I can't find it" or "I need more". I think it's funny all this complaining -you're still gonna have to get it (or an army of them). ::)

So what ..'Oh no!'..it's got swiveling arms.. then *******
by ten of them and add them to your tank gunner army and have their 'swiveling arms' all hugging each other..GEEZ! :P ::)

My only REAL concern is getting at least one each of the non-clone figs- I count 5 or 6 of the 12 only released in 1 out of the several new waves and revisions...at 1 each a case! :-\

Not only this but with all the refreshers released in the new cases.. where's my shocktroopers and black pilots? How many people need another VaderX2 or grievous or Yoda? ???

Great planning Hasbro- guess you don't want my money from senseless repacks....Wait! an Army of vaders and Yodas-excellent idea Dolts!(future pegwarmers) >:(

Could you use any more smileys to make your point across? Anyhoo. Im with the 99.9% of you who say that the SA Clone is far superior to the Gunner. Sure I have a few Gunners but all my custom clones have been with the SA.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2005, 10:37 AM »

Those are definitley Hasbro images. Looks like they lit them with the orange ROTS lighting to slap on a background like the #1-56 poster. They'll probably show up on RS, too, once they're done Photoshopping in their blue background to make the figures look like they're in Scum's possession.  ::)

Okay. Then another question. When has a provided loose figure picture been different than that of the final product? In other words, is there any hope that the 501st can still be on the #41 body?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 11:01 AM »
Okay. Then another question. When has a provided loose figure picture been different than that of the final product? In other words, is there any hope that the 501st can still be on the #41 body?

Most recently, it happened with the Holo Leia figure (shown with guns and final product didn't have them).

Usually though what happened with Leia is the normal case - if/when a product does change from preview photos to final product, it's usually only the accessories/paint deco that gets changed and it's hardly ever a full sculpt change.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Then I wonder (not that it matters for me) if the Jeditemple assault and the single pack special ops clones will be different versions. According to you guys....whoever has the 41st version is $-I still hear alot of folks saying they'll buy multiples regardless to further my point. And this is for you, Metal Jedi, since you found it so relevant to include your non-related point here  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(..what ? you must be jealous to complain...'rock out' dude (metal jedi)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2005, 05:17 PM »
I don't think metal jedi meant to insult you by the smileys comment as it obviously did to some extent, I think he was just being "funny" as I don't believe many use smilies here aside from me...  So no need for a back-and-forth on this.

As far as the attack on Coruscant set's Clone...  I don't see how people buying multiples of either version reinforces any "point" really.  Maybe I just am misreading something, but nobody's really said they're utterly disappointed, there's just a number of people who won't buy as many if the AT-TE Gunner's body is used.  It's just that simple.

Will they buy a lot?  I don't know since I don't track their spending habits.  I can only speak for myself that I'd look to get maybe a squad of the single-pack if it's the AT-TE Gunner sculpt...  Enough to set up with an Anakin figure so they look nice enough, but not my normal 30+ I'd want if they used the SA sculpt.

If the 5-pack uses the AT-TE Gunner's sculpt I'll get the obligatory one pack maybe...  It'd be enough to put a dent in my little "squad".  I'd be hesitant to buy a LOT of that pack because of the pilot and Anakin figures in there though, even if it was the 41 sculpt.  I'd get a few perhaps...  Depends how I figure I can use the extras from the pack.  The pilot doesn't bother me, but the extra Anakin's I'd wind up with would since it's not the best Anakin figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 07:44 AM »
...'rock out' dude (metal jedi)

Will do. Thanks!  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2005, 11:04 AM »

Most recently, it happened with the Holo Leia figure (shown with guns and final product didn't have them).

Usually though what happened with Leia is the normal case - if/when a product does change from preview photos to final product, it's usually only the accessories/paint deco that gets changed and it's hardly ever a full sculpt change.   :-\

Thanks.

:'(

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2005, 11:38 AM »
I can see why the Big H would want to change the 501st Trooper from the SA to the Gunner body, considering Gree has the SA body too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2005, 11:48 AM »
I can see why the Big H would want to change the 501st Trooper from the SA to the Gunner body, considering Gree has the SA body too.

Yeah, that has got to be the reason for the switch.

The manufacturing runs must have been something like:

Round 1:
#6 mold = White
#33 mold - Red
#38 mold = White
#41 mold = White

Round 2 - repaints:
#6 mold = Shocktrooper
#33 mold - Green
#38 mold = white
#41 mold = white

Round 3 - end of the line:
#6 mold = 501st (for Jedi Temple Pack)
#33 mold - Bly
#38 mold = 501st (basic)
#41 mold = Gree

I guess in order to do Gree and 501st at the same time, something had to give...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2005, 11:45 PM »
Frankly I'd have waited on Gree then...  Or the 501st Clone basic figure (I'd wait a year or so...  Why not).  It'd be a means of mixing that sculpt in the line over and over again.

Though, ya know the ideal situation would be all variants of Clones getting released using all 3 sculpts over several years time.  I'd take a TE Gunner, #6, and #41 sculpt Clone in any flavor.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 12:13 PM »
I would have preferred Gree to have the Gunner body, personally. He doesn't really do much but kneel and hold his blaster, which is what the Gunner is good for, IMO. And Gree's fig can't do much but stand around at the moment, until we get a BARC Trooper.

Also, just out of curiosity, could they have popped an ROTS Clone head on the AOTC SA Clone body ala the Target Clone? The #41 and CW Clone are pretty much the same, except for weathering and the slot for the antenna. This way we could have gotten everything SA.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 01:02 PM »
But that would require Hasbro to do the best job they possibly could the first time, which they're not fond of doing.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk