Author Topic: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)  (Read 74093 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Well, of the 3 possible sculpts of ROTS clones, we got the least articulated version.

There still going to fly off the shelves like they have wings.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2005, 03:52 PM »
I guessed this would be a gunner body a while back(remember Anton -we talked about it) ::)-makes sense it was the only mold H hadn't reused yet ::)

Ok, perhaps a stupid question (my only excuse is Canadian retail has been lame, so why pay attention) but what has the #41 body been re-used for?  I don't recall a repaint of that at this point. 

I'm not opposed to the #38 sculpt as much as the rest of you it would seem, though I would have preferred the #41 body. 

I'm going to put my faith in the final Collection 2 501st figure using the SA body, and not the Gunner body. I went looking back at the SDCC Q&A shots, and the same images that are being circulated now were used in their ppt slides -- here's the C2 slide with the 501st:

I'm a guessin' you should have searched your inner feelings there bud.   ;)Cynicism, while not necessarily appealing is a result of experience.  You hoped for the SA body and your optimism was duly rewarded by a slap in the face. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2005, 03:59 PM »
I don't believe the #41 clone tool has been repainted (yet) ...maybe the SWshop clone and/or the Target Battle Pack?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2005, 04:13 PM »
The #41 is used for Gree...

Here is everything we've got so far...

#6 Clone Trooper:
v1 - White
v2 - Shocktrooper
v3 - 501st (K-Mart Jedi Temple Assault BP)

#33 Clone Commander:
v1 - Red
v2 - Green
v3 - Yellow (#57 Commander Bly)

#34 Clone Pilot:
v1 - White/Gray
v2 - Black

#38 AT-TE Gunner:
v1 - White
v2 - 501st (#65 Tactical Ops Trooper)

#41 Clone Trooper:
v1 - White
v2 - Green (#59 Commander Gree)

#49 Commander Bacarra:
v1 - Maroon/Red
v2 - Blue/Gray (Target Clone Attack BP)

CW SA Clone Trooper Mold (with new RotS Clone Head)
v1 - Target Clone Trooper
v2 - Target Utapau Stealth Trooper
v3 - SWShop Covert Ops Trooper

Deluxe Jet Pack Clone
v1 - White (Deluxe w/Jetpack)
v2 - Gray (Target Clone Attack BP)

I think that's all so far... (not counting the Deluxe Figures, Evolutions, or Pack-Ins).
« Last Edit: October 3, 2005, 09:43 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Thanks Jeff you beat me to their answer- yes, if you include the target clones #41 used 4 times!!! ::)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 04:32 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Thanks Jeff you beat me to their answer- yes, if you include the target clones #41 used 4 times!!! ::)

And those Target clones, for the most part, are a phenomenal waste of that sculpt.  Really, how many Target clones are loose relative to those that stay on the card?  A minority I'd suggest.  No idea at all why they'd waste #41 on that and not use #6 or #38 ???

Either way, thanks for the breakdown. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Actually, just to be clear, the Target Clones are NOT #41 Clones.  They are the Clone Wars SA Sculpt with a new RotS Head.  It is totally different from the #41 Sculpt (the obvious difference being the lack of the antennae).

I agree though, they should have used that Target sculpt for the 501st and used the #38 for the "Utapau Shadow Clone" or Covert Ops Clone instead.  Why does the Utapau Shadow Clone get the best (IMHO) Clone Body, while the 501st get the AT-TE Body?   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Actually, just to be clear, the Target Clones are NOT #41 Clones.  They are the Clone Wars SA Sculpt with a new RotS Head.  It is totally different from the #41 Sculpt (the obvious difference being the lack of the antennae).

The Clone is still SA and that is where I draw the line/IMO same difference

I definately would want a more playable SA in the basic line over the ..very breakable tank gunner body-oh well

I'm dissapointed in this too.

SilverZ

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2005, 05:36 PM »
I guess Hasbro realized they can hold off on the SA body for eventual and inevitable exclusive packs, and resell of the 501st through some place like EE for outrageously over inflated prices instead of just giving us quality up front at a standard price.

I'm sorry, but I can't get behind the AT-TE Gunner body. I still think its faults outweigh its strengths.

>:(
Worst. News. Today.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 05:37 PM by Jared (Tydirium) »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2005, 05:46 PM »
Dammit. >:(

As I've said earlier in the thread, the Gunner body has a kickass lower half, but a mega crappy upper half. He can't even hold his gun very well, and can't stay standing either.

And they STILL don't give a Clone his rifle! I'm sick of those stupid Clone Carbines/early E-11s. I want the rifle that the 501st in the movie held!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2005, 06:06 PM »

And they STILL don't give a Clone his rifle! I'm sick of those stupid Clone Carbines/early E-11s. I want the rifle that the 501st in the movie held!

Actually, most 501st held the early E-11. And I prefer it more because it's a eraly E-11.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Well I really wanted the SA version for all of the clonetroopers.  I still do not quite understand why they do not just use that version?   It's like they have some sort of problem wanting to use it.  I guess they might want to milk the rest of their molds?  I am not horribly disappointed about it.  It's certainly not going to bug me that much.  However, still it would have been nice to get an SA 501st at least.  I guess it must have something to do with cost?  Everything revolves around money afterall. 

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2005, 08:47 PM »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2005, 10:48 PM »
Cost is relative. If they sell less of the AT TE then they have to compute their revenue to expense for their profit. I would wonder what the profit spread on the AT TE mold vs the SA Mold is. I bet that it is minimial (which is relative dpending on how many they make). I know that I am only going to get 1 or 2 now, and leave it at that (since I have some customs I made I like, and the JTA figures which are ok). So the question comes down to would Hasbro have made more money making the SA Clone vs the AT TE clone? I don't know what their margins are so I cannot answer that. I would guess that they would have sold more SA Clones then the AT TE. Then again, most Star Wars Fans buy whatever is put out which is what I think the bottom line issue here is.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2005, 11:22 PM »
I don't mind the AT TE Gunner body as much as some, but that said, I'll only get 2.  I think using any thing less than the SA body at this point is just plain silly.