Author Topic: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)  (Read 74288 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Hmmm... for some reason, this figure just doens't "do it" for me.  I prefer painting my own.

Nice to see you found them though Jeff.

:P

Because they used the wrong figure to repaint :) 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Has anyone seen this line hitting Walmart yet? I am thinking that this coming week should be about right since we are moving towards the DVD release now. I sure hope so because Walmart tends to carry more cases then Target, and its easier to get new stuff at Walmart then Target.

I was wondering and thinking the same thing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2005, 08:04 PM »
I scored 2 today, and I'm a lot more impressed than I expected. They really do look fantastic, crap arms or not. I passed a third one onto another guy in the store, but now I wish I'd have bought it. I think I want 4 or 5 total. I also picked up some paint and brushes at Walmart, though. I'm gonna try my hand at deco'ing a few #41s. I'm totally passing on the #6s. I hope they never repaint that one again.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Anyone noticed that the legs are rather loose on these figures at their hip ball joint and socket?
One of mine is rather loose, the other is okay. Anyone have a suggestion for tightening the ball joint without loosing the mobility? I am keeping one and giving the other to my son so I want to make sure his lasts.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2005, 11:18 AM »
The legs on mine seem pretty tight. Although I've only opened one. I figured this might be a problem since it was a problem with the AT TE Gunner too.  ::)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2005, 03:06 PM »
Mine are all pretty decent. No complaints yet.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Despite the fact that these are the Gunner bodies, I like this clone a lot. When I sit and think about it, he'll most likely be standing at attention anyway, so the pose works for me.

But don't tell Hasbro, I would still have liked a SA body. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2005, 10:55 PM »
i have yet to see one at retail  :-\

SilverZ

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2005, 11:43 PM »
I managed to get a couple on Friday by pulling off a miracle and having a CS person from the front pull a case. Its come to that because I'm just not having luck finding these on the shelves, either.

I still don't like this particular Clone sculpt. The trooper's right arm came off the first time I attempted to get him to grip his rifle correctly in both hands. (What other possible pose could I put him in, anyway?) I just can't get past how cheap the figure feels when compared to the SA Clone. Now, if there wasn't an SA Clone, and the only alternative was the #6 sculpt, I'd be much less harsh, but still torn between the two.

I'm going to stick with just one opener and have him flanked by Kmart Clones. I'll pin my hopes on an SA army builder set down the road.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2005, 11:59 PM »
I'm pretty down on all of this bad news, I have a set of 3 K-Mart clones, since the #6 Clone is not too shabby in my book...its cool they still made it and all but they also blew it :-X

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2005, 02:22 AM »
I have yet to see that Kmart exclusive set. Seriously, why give an exclusive like that to the worst retailer in the US?

And I don't hold much hope for finding these single carded ones, since they'll all likely show up during the holiday season, and I hate hunting for stuff then.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad figure. I just don't think that the Gunner body is something you can make a so called "grand army" out of. With the limited amount of poses you can put it into its more of a filler figure than an army builder. The JTA 501st is superior simply because of the poseabiltiy. I've opened two now and they seem to mix well with the six JTA Clones I have. I'll get maybe one or two more but can't see buying more than that.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2005, 11:53 AM »
The trooper's right arm came off the first time I attempted to get him to grip his rifle correctly in both hands. (What other possible pose could I put him in, anyway?)

Hate it when that happens. And yeah, the arms are so limited it's ridiculous. But I have one or two aiming a pistol one-handed, Solo style. Try that.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2005, 11:41 PM »
i have yet to see one at retail  :-\

Me either. Hey Jared whats the DCPI number for Col. 2 figures? Maybe I'll have to do that myself.
I remember my dream now.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2005, 01:18 AM »
lol i actually found one today and opened it.  NOW i really wish it was the SA mold  :'( and forget about the removable helmet...DAMN legs on this dude