Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 11826 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2003, 11:50 PM »
Paige hot, cannot beat to watch entire show.  Sound turned down is better.  Must relinquish remote every now and then.  Mostly now AND then.

mmm, I wish I had red vines now.  Yum.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2003, 10:41 PM »
I just ate a bunch of Starburst- that's a pretty guilty pleasure. I also love Sour Patch Kids. That's just about the only candy I'll eat at the movies. Speaking of movie snacks, I have also been known to get the crappy nachos with lots of jalapenos. I love them, and yes, I know they suck.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 04:31 PM »
Oooh, Stadium Nachos, no matter how bad I feel the next day, loaded with Jalpenos are a definite guilty pleasure.  That cheese is so wonderfully disgusting it should be illegal, it is almost Hot EZ Cheez

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 7, 2004, 09:07 AM »
Maybe it was because I wasn't my usual grumpy self last night, or the news that good friends of ours are expecting.  Or it could have been the cute actresses playing the mommies, but we watched Daddy Day Care last night and I actually kind of liked it.  Not Eddie Murphy's best work by far, but fairly entertaining.  Maybe I was turned off by the critics (I know, never listen to critics) and my expectations weren't that high to begin with.  

Maybe I'll give Gigli a shot and see if it's as bad as every one thinks.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: January 7, 2004, 10:31 AM »
My guilty pleasures:
Mochas in my 'Buffy& Willow& Xander& Giles' mug.
'Showgirls' on DVD. Gina Gershon-- :o
Toy collecting
Guiness, from either the can or the bottle. Preferably tap, when I can get it.
Franken Berry or Count Chocula while watching Buffy or Adult Swim.
Pizza from a joint here called Mama Nicks'
Nascar races--redneck, I know.
The song 'I Quit' by Hepburn. It represents all I hate in modern music, yet it's so damn catchy.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2004, 01:20 PM »
Kevins guilty pleasures:

Pasta Salad
Making my own French Fries!
Shopping for clothes............dont tell anyone. Please.
Queer Eye for the Straight guy. Good show.
Sweedish Fish.
N*Sync music.
Trading Spaces.
Riding in a topless Jeep at sundown.
Camping.
Scaring the mentally handycapped.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: January 7, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Abba and the Bee Gees - Really some of the best pop music ever, if you think about it.

The English Patient - Despite winning Best Picture everyone but me seems to hate it passionately.

Tato Skins - Oh so good.   ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 8, 2004, 09:22 PM »
well, being the huge metalhead that i am, i guess my guiltiest pleasure is listening to sarah mclachlan. my ex-wife turned me on to her music, and i think she's an amazing songwriter with an amazing voice... the only thing i can still thank that *%$^# for doing to me  ;D

i guess you can add rap music to that list as well... you should see the looks i get when i'm wearing a blood duster or dying fetus shirt and listening to the new album from snoop dogg or g-unit. people always look at me funny  ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 8, 2004, 10:23 PM »
Just got a new one today.

Deep fried raspberry cheesecake! :o :o :o :o

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #24 on: January 9, 2004, 12:43 AM »
well, being the huge metalhead that i am, i guess my guiltiest pleasure is listening to sarah mclachlan. my ex-wife turned me on to her music, and i think she's an amazing songwriter with an amazing voice... the only thing i can still thank that *%$^# for doing to me  ;D

i guess you can add rap music to that list as well... you should see the looks i get when i'm wearing a blood duster or dying fetus shirt and listening to the new album from snoop dogg or g-unit. people always look at me funny  ;D

Oh dude, that reminds me of a couple more--Sarah McLachlan and Enya. To this day I get so much **** from friends and family for this. Still.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 9, 2004, 12:50 PM »
I can only think of a few off hand, although I guess toy collecting is kind of a guilty pleasure too :).

Music  Michelle Branch - I have been a fan of almost all of her music I have heard, and I'm not sure why, it just always seems like men get made fun of if they like "girls" music :), but there are many talented female artists.

Television  I'm in the same boat with those who have mentioned Trading Spaces.  My wife and I watch that show quite often, along with other shows along the same genre...such as Clean Sweep, and occasionally While You Were Out...all on TLC.  Another television one would be the Fox show "the OC".  My wife has been watching this show from the start, and I have been watching it with her...and I hate to admit it, I'm hooked. :)

Oh, had to add one other television one...cartoons.  These are aside from ones such as Simpsons, Futurama, Home Movies, and Family Guy.  I guess I don't quite consider those "cartoons", even though they are.  I enjoys me a cartoon now and then, depending on what it is.  Classic Looney Tunes, MOTU, superhero type cartoons, and occasionally Spongebob Squarepants...I don't know, I find it funny sometimes.

Food  I guess it would be Pizza.  It is something my wife and I both enjoy to eat, but know we shouldn't too terribly often.  I'm also a big fan of Cheddar Jack cheez-its, but I'm not ashamed to eat those :P.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2004, 12:53 PM by mosnab »

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 9, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Guilty pleasures, eh?

MOVIES : bad 80s campy musicals.... I can watch Xanadu and Sgt. Peppers any day everyday!

FOOD : fake crab meat.... can't get enough of it!
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2004, 11:14 PM »
My latest guilty pleasure -- watching 'The Family Guy' late at night while eating a plate full of french fries, the frozen kind you fry yourself.

If I stop posting in the near future, I''ll likely be in a fat farm or recovering from open heart surgery.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2004, 04:55 PM »
I have a new one...Nehi Peach Soda...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2004, 05:38 PM »
Nehi?

Who are you?  Cpl. Radar O'Reilly?  :-*  

(Yes, I know he drank grape Nehi, I just didn't know they still made that stuff!)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 05:40 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77