Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 52507 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: #65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Re: New Force,

It looks bad, but it's not really that bad.  Rick and the gang over there have made a conscious decision to hold off on a lot of the activity on full cases this year.  Being a smaller retailer, they realized that many of these figures would hit the big boys (TRU/Target/etc) before them, so they've held off.

They've said that in a movie year, it's hard for them to compete with the big boys because retail get product faster.  NewForce have put up a few of the "collector interest things" - Evolutions, BH 7-pack, Wedge, Clone Variant cases, etc.  They have even ordered a few things for me when I sent an e-mail, even though they weren't listed on the site.

They do a pretty good business with their retail stuff and then there is the "other" on-line stuff they sell - DCD, Diamond, Star Trek, etc.  I don't think they are in any financial trouble or anything, just decided to play it low key because of the movie year and the fact that orders go way down when stuff is rampantly available at retail.

Thanks for the info Jeff.  I dealt with Newforce quite a bit during the POTJ waves.  In my opinion, they are hands down the best internet store going!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

SilverZ

Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2005, 04:58 PM »
The Grevious Bodyguard is nothing big. I got him and will keep him because my son wants 1 of each to play with off my shelf.
I left the Passel, no interest there. Got a Cat Minn for a friend, but if he doesn't want it then it will go back. 

Definitely agree with you - they're all pretty "blah" and I'm trying hard to avoid going and looking up how these two characters actually look in the film. I'm sure there are major inconsistencies. Even though I'm a foolish completist and will hang on to them, they may go into the Misfit Toys bin once I know how inaccurate they are.

I also think these three are going to be major pegwarmers almost instantly, with the Wookiee Commando (though good) and Neimodian joining them shortly. Gree and Bly might be problems tracking down, and I’m betting money Gree will reach official pain in the ass status once scalpers realize a variation is going to happen.

Did you see Shocktroopers in the case with these guys?

I love the 41 SA body, but I would have much rather had Hasbro hold off on Gree until they could do it right and replace him in this assortment with a 501st or an Utapau Clone using this body.

Me too, and I really had no complaints based on what was shown earlier in the year. It just went horribly wrong during production and now I wish they hadn’t used him to fill a rush job slot.

Is Bly similarly botched, or did they actually get him right?

Personally, I think this one is fine, since it feels like they put greater care into him. The shoulder ballsocket components are made from yellow plastic, similar to how the EE Clone Multipack commanders are, so the yellow paint line on the arm continues up to the shoulder properly, which is nice. They added nice black carbon marks on the body which are fairly convincing. Pretty good for a #33 repaint, in my opinion.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2005, 07:11 AM »
THE TACTICAL OPS TROOPER HAS BEEN FOUND!!!

Click here to read the story: http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4962&zoneid=2

I can just picture mass hysteria and riots in the streets...

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2005, 08:53 AM »
I still don't understand why they have red on their boots.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2005, 09:48 AM »
It never ends! :P Found at Target none the less. Just as I was completely caught up, BOOM, a glut of new product. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2005, 03:17 PM »
Cool, the Targets by me should put these out just as soon as they sell through the Neimodian Warriors. Only 120 to go!

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Oh well. Until they hit Walmart I'm dead in the water because I teach and I cannot be at Target at opening!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:06 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2005, 07:07 PM »
I still don't understand why they have red on their boots.

It's Jedi Scum blood silly.  :P

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Niiiice.  Glad to see the 501st hitting at Target.   ;D  Hopefully we get a few cases.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2005, 11:03 PM »
I am going to post that I am very much in doubt about the posting at Galatic Hunter. I think the figures are from overseas since we are missing a receit to verify the purchase. We know from EE that one case ratio will have 3 per case. I also base this on the fact that if you check the major threads on the major forums on finds, you fail to have anyone in the LA area making reports of the same finds, or anyone on the West coast area reporting finding these. Perhaps I am wrong and since Targets here stock on Tuesday's, Thursday's or Saturday's traditionally, perhaps they will hit later this week.
 So . . . I am still in doubt about this post, and I am going to focus on my Wally's this week and if they show up at Target locally guess I can hope that a fellow collector can hook me up.

Furthermore, as I look at the picture, it sure looks photocroped to me. Look at the loose Clones, and how the card on the left intersects the 501st clone near Gree. Just looks fishy is all. That and the head that is on the bottom of the picture that looks like it comes from the cards. So, again, I have my doubts.  Probably am wrong, just looks weird and no other collaboration.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:09 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2005, 12:51 AM »
I am going to post that I am very much in doubt about the posting at Galatic Hunter. I think the figures are from overseas since we are missing a receit to verify the purchase. We know from EE that one case ratio will have 3 per case. I also base this on the fact that if you check the major threads on the major forums on finds, you fail to have anyone in the LA area making reports of the same finds, or anyone on the West coast area reporting finding these. Perhaps I am wrong and since Targets here stock on Tuesday's, Thursday's or Saturday's traditionally, perhaps they will hit later this week.
 So . . . I am still in doubt about this post, and I am going to focus on my Wally's this week and if they show up at Target locally guess I can hope that a fellow collector can hook me up.

I'm leaning in this direction as well. Typically a find a find like this is followed by another find, then another, and another. We'll see how long it takes before another report shows up.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2005, 03:47 AM »
Well I've got a question. I picked up 57-63 tonight and the Wookiee "Commando" has what I'd consider to be a heavy gun, he has the turrent that came with Yoda, and the Other Wookiee, the Heavy gunner has a Bowcaster, am I missing something or should their names be switched? ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2005, 03:57 AM »
Interesting point Ryan.

The "Commando" comes with what is basically a Wookiee Support gun like an E-Web is to an Imperial squad...  That's odd.  I figured a Wookiee Commando should come with a magnetic mine/charge and some kind of gun since that's basically what they seemed to do in the movie if that is what those Wookiee's were.

I'm glad they included the "support" weapon though with one of them.  It's a great accessory.  not sure it was in the movie at all but it's something I dig having more than one of since it looks very believable.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2005, 05:08 AM »
The thing that bugs me about the "commando" is he only comes with the canon, he has no other weapon to speak of. And short of standing it on a table he can't stand up and man his canon.
"This is the way."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 27, 2005, 05:22 AM »
If anyone needs some pics, check out Jared's additions to the Image Database for # 57 - 63:  8)

57 Commander Bly
58 Wookiee Commando
59 Commander Gree
60 Grievous' Bodyguard
61 Passel Argente
62 Cat Miin
63 Neimoidian Commander