Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 52373 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #285 on: October 1, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Anyone notice how flimsy the Cat Miin Head is? Buyer beware and dont try to move it. Mine is hanging by a thread after trying to turn it. Flimsy plastic will make this thing snap off pretty easy. The material is weak and the figure is no better than the pack-in it originally was. :(

I don't have Miin yet, but I remember when I first opened my Shu Mai back in 2003, Hasbro had put some kind of plastic cap on the ball joint at the peak of the neck to keep the head from spinning around in the package.  Why they didn't just make a tighter joint is beyond me, but Mai's neck was of a rather rubbery material, so maybe they were trying to cut corners at every opportunity, as usual with non-basic figures.

As I said in the Recent Purchases thread, I found the Wookiee, Neimoidian, and Bodyguard at Target yesterday.  I'm not that thrilled with the Wookiee, and the simple fact that I bought another Neimoidian (now with EU silver armor and totally inaccurate "gun"!) gives me a headache.  I have to say that I do really like the paint job on the Bodyguard.  Even though it would thrill me to no end to get an accurately scaled, SA version of the character, the white just looks so much better on this figure than the original gray does.  The fact they actually painted the cape hood on his head this time to match the cape makes me particularly thrilled.

I had a feeling that, outside of the Clones and R4-P17, the majority of these repaints would be disappointing to me, but the Bodyguard is a pleasant surprise, and is actually better than the #8 figure, IMO.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 1, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Still nothing in my area.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 2, 2005, 06:49 PM »
This rotation thing on the wave 7 stuff is interesting. I think it will give everyone a chance to get Bly and Gree, the ones everyone want, but strangely, it seems it's making the the seperatists a bit harder to get.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 2, 2005, 06:52 PM »
Did a run today, and still nuttin' in VA.

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 3, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Anyone notice how flimsy the Cat Miin Head is? Buyer beware and dont try to move it. Mine is hanging by a thread after trying to turn it. Flimsy plastic will make this thing snap off pretty easy. The material is weak and the figure is no better than the pack-in it originally was. :(

Sucks for loose collectors, but it's okay by me... MOC for the love of humanity...
Finally finished RotS

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 3, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Hi Skyhoucker, nice to see you here.   :)

So the Cat Miin head is a bit flimsy?  Well hopefully if that happens, you can glue it back on. 

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #291 on: October 4, 2005, 01:00 AM »
These even are hitting here.  Distribution doesn't seem as spotty as some of the more recent waves like the repaints and RT Driver wave.

I got Passel, Neimodian, and Grievous Guard tonight...  Bummed I didn't find any Clones but happy I hit a store that at least a Collector was at before me and not someone who cleaned them out totally.

I like the Commander actually, he's cool (I liked the Neimodian Warrior too though), but the other two feel like a bit of a letdown (Passel has NO accessory but that base?  WTF?  At least give us something sorta different for him.).  The guard's still a crappy sculpt too...  I somehow doubt this figure doesn't get a redo too, but one can hope.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #292 on: October 4, 2005, 02:08 AM »
My Wally put out a few cases 2 nights ago, I find it funny that all of the new figures were gone with the exceptinon of a Neimodian tonight. It begins again. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 4, 2005, 02:49 AM »
Funny the one Gree I found was surrounded by an army of Wookiee Commandos nothing else.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #294 on: October 4, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Just the way in was intended
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 5, 2005, 01:35 AM »
Just the way in was intended

I was thinking something along the same lines, or that forum member Chewie was playing in the store that morning. :D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 5, 2005, 07:22 AM »
Question here.  Isnt the Clone Evolution figure basically the same as Bly except for some minor paint apps and the visor?I have both and they really look like they could be passed off as the same fig.  Would of been nice to eliminate one of the versions for a different clone.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 5, 2005, 07:41 AM »
Question here.  Isnt the Clone Evolution figure basically the same as Bly except for some minor paint apps and the visor?I have both and they really look like they could be passed off as the same fig.  Would of been nice to eliminate one of the versions for a different clone.

They're very similar.

I think his troops all looked like that. It confuses me, though ... I thought only commanders had the pauldron and skirt? What is this, a squad of all commanders? ??? Damned SW continuity ...

And I just noticed from that pic that they missed a spot on the Evo guy's helmet. There should be yellow in that recessed cheek area.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 5, 2005, 09:11 AM »
And I just noticed from that pic that they missed a spot on the Evo guy's helmet. There should be yellow in that recessed cheek area.

If I remember correctly, that is what seperates Bly's helmet from that of his commandos. The fig from the EVO set is actually a commando, and the reg release is Bly. Two different figures.

I think  ???

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 5, 2005, 09:47 PM »
No sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but the new waves out here are already warming pegs with the Wookie, Passel, Cat Miin, Niem Commander and the Bodyguard.  I actually like the Clones but the other repaints are really weak.  Especially the Wookie and Bodyguard IMO.  I actually really like the Neimoidian Commander fig.  The silver paint app makes it  look pretty nice.