Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 51988 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Hey, anyone know why the boots look red on the 501st Clone?

:P
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 10:50 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2005, 10:51 PM »
I really wanted a FX-6 or whatever they called that droid.  I just thought it was a no brainer, but that would require a new sculpt which is something Hasbro obiously wants to avoid.  

I new if we were going to get Seperatist they would be either straight repacks or rehashes.  However, I like Passel Argente yellow robes a lot.  I like this figure.  The Shu Mai or her counterpart is ok I suppose but I think it wil be a major pegwarmer.  

The clones are great to me.  I don't mind the 501st being an SA repaint at all.  In fact if they wanted to make every clone an SA repaint I would be fine with that.  That said I do want all the clones shown that will be single packed.  I don't mind the #6 being repainted either.  Altough SA is better.

Wookies - Well I secretely wanted one more Wookie.  So, I am happy with the 2 we are getting.  It's a bonus for me.  

Neimodian Warrior and the Magna Droid I could care less.  

Kenobi's astromech droid is good IMO.  

However, we are obviously missing Padme with her bun hairdo and Commander Cody.  Two figs I would have thought to be obvious inclusions.  

Hologram figures - I think they are ok for what they are.  I might even get them.  

Evolutions repaint set is pretty good IMO.  I wondered if they would do this and they did.  Not the colors I thought they would do but they did it.  

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Pictures are starting to pop up...

Cmndr Bly, Light Wookie (Preview), Nemoidian, White Magna Guard:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2005)/hasbro/c3_005%20015.jpg

Blue 501st, Droid, Dark Wookie (#43), Holo Plo:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2005)/hasbro/c3_005%20016.jpg

Cmndr Gree, Holo Aayla, Passel, Shu Mai:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2005)/hasbro/c3_005%20017.jpg

That is freaking outrageous.  It looks like someone with a set of markers colored all over a bunch of previous figures.

There had better be something big on the horizon as far as new sculpts go - or this line will be over within the year.

Please tell me Colman will be at the Q&A to find out exactly what the hell the deal is with all the repacks...

Also, how'd we go from Commander Cody in the reports earlier to Commander Bly - and yet another repaint...

Double Also.... if we're just now getting Obi-Wan's astromech, which astromech was the one in the sneak preview wave?!  I thought that was his...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 11:12 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Please tell me Colman will be at the Q&A to find out exactly what the hell the deal is with all the repacks...

I'm hoping Matt will make the session look like the aftermath of a scene from one of the Kill Bill movies. Bring your katana with you Matt!  ;D

Seriously, those Hasbro Humps deserve a good ass kicking from Matt.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Also, how'd we go from Commander Cody in the reports earlier to Commander Bly - and yet another repaint...

Double Also.... if we're just now getting Obi-Wan's astromech, which astromech was the one in the sneak preview wave?!  I thought that was his...

Also:
It must have been a mis-Q between Mike and his reporter who posted Cody at GH earlier today (before the figure was unpacked and displayed).

Double Also:
The Sneak Preview Droid is the one from Obi-Wan's BLUE Utapau Starfighter, this new one is from his RED Opening Battle Starfighter (the one who gets his head ripped off by Buzz Droids).

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2005, 11:23 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2005, 11:36 PM »

Yeah it's that "dirt" dude just like the AOTC Preview clone.  They mustn't have swept the temple for weeks preceding that raid.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2005, 11:38 PM »

From Jedi ass-kicking?

Paint error on the prototype?

He wore those boots last weekend helping Palpatine stain his deck?

:-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2005, 11:39 PM »
They must be confused in thinking that the 501st were on Mustafar (red=lava dust)?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2005, 11:41 PM »
They put their feet so far up Jedi ass that they started to...

:-X
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2005, 11:48 PM »
You know, I like them. All of them actually. However I don't like how all they're all at once and some (*cough*Gree*cough*) look like hack jobs.

Hasbro better show us some new stuff. Other wise this line is going to seriously need some POTJ-esq damage control.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Hasbro better show us some new stuff. Other wise this line is going to seriously need some POTJ-esq damage control.

It's going to need more than that - the POTJ line was in response to retailers becoming gun-shy regarding ordering TPM product and some even saying "Hey, where's toys based on the original trilogy?"

The end of the line for TPM wasn't bad at all in terms of reduced quality of figures - it suffered mainly due to lack of retail availability. Look at figures like Swimming Jar Jar, Sio Bibble, the second Naboo Soldier/Guard and Holo Sidious - all good figures in their own rights for the time, yet they were next to impossible to find. The POTJ line merely upped the anty on how good the figures COULD be and presented a line that represented EPs 1, 4, 5 & 6 with a nice mix of figures.

Perhaps the really good stuff will come when we see the figures that will be in the returning OTC style packaging. These 12/15 repaint figures are just to lengthen the stay of the ROTS at retail and this was a cheap way for Hasbro to pump out more ROTS product w/o developing "new" molds 'cause they've already moved on to what's new for 2006.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2005, 12:22 AM »
I'm going to go ahead and assume that in much the same way that the OTC line was mostly repacks because Hasbro was busy making dozens of pretty good figures for the ROTS launch, the end of the ROTS launch is mostly repaints/repacks because Hasbro is busy making a kick ass unified line.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2005, 12:24 AM »
they should stop putting in so much effort with the repacks when they have so many clones to send out.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2005, 12:30 AM »
There's a lot of outrage about reuse of sculpts, but at least the majority of those reused sculpts are good ones.  As frustrated as I was about all of the re-pack info from this morning, I'm actually fairly excited about this collection of figures.

Any repaint of the SA clone is good in my books (assuming the paint job is a quality one, of course).

I also really like the style of the Clone Commander, so reuse of this figure gets a thumbs up in my book.

I really like the Wookiees, and for the first time can see myself army building with the handful of paint schemes available with these 2 new ones.

I'm really glad to get R4-P17 for Obi-Wan's Starfighter.

The holographic figures are pretty boring, but I'll take em I guess.  As characters, Passel Argente and Shu Mai don't get me excited, but at least they appear to be nicely painted.

Overall, I'm pleased.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that in much the same way that the OTC line was mostly repacks because Hasbro was busy making dozens of pretty good figures for the ROTS launch, the end of the ROTS launch is mostly repaints/repacks because Hasbro is busy making a kick ass unified line.

I like the way you think Rob.