Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 51993 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2005, 12:38 PM »
There's still quite a bit of stuff that could definitely be made... army-builder galore!

Has anyone mentioned this guy - the troops with Bacarra that shoot Ki Adi Mundi?

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2005, 12:59 PM »
There's still quite a bit of stuff that could definitely be made... army-builder galore!

Has anyone mentioned this guy - the troops with Bacarra that shoot Ki Adi Mundi?

THANK YOU!!! I've been looking for some reference pics of this guy since I saw the movie. ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2005, 01:35 PM »
The "Snowtrooper" guys that take out Ki Adi were among my favorites in the movie.  They looked so incredibly badass in the mostly crimson coloring in the uniform...  I'd take an army of those indeed.

Not to mention the sequence they're in is one of the best IMO.  Very "desperate" and gritty looking war footage, what with the armor support they have (still not gotten a good look at that piece) getting blown to hell on that big bridge...  That's an increidbly alien, and cool world, with an incredibly violent battle, with an incredibly heroic Jedi leading his troops into the fray (only to be mown down)...  I love that sequence.  It's maybe my favorite in the Jedi Purge.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2005, 01:49 PM »
I agree, that is one of my favorite moments of the "purge" as well.  I really hope we see a figure made of this "Snowtrooper" style trooper, it looks quite cool from what we have seen.  Lots of neat clones in this movie left to be made, and most of them seen much more often than the plain white clones that we are used to seeing.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2005, 02:26 PM »
I have heard people talking about the snowtroopers but I must have been focusing too much on Ki-Adi to notice what they were.  Nice to see a shot.  Man, the next time I go see this movie I will have to have my eyelids taped wide open. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2005, 02:41 PM »
I wish they had made that sequence about a minute long... it really would have been cool.  Ki Adi Mundi has always been one of my favorite Jedi... it was cool to see him deflect a few shots before going down in a blaze of glory.

Those Clones are totally awesome... maybe my favorite design in the film.  I wish they had shown them a bit longer...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2005, 12:05 AM »
I got the latest Cloud City newsletter, in it they say that they will have #56 by the end of JUNE!  That has to mean they have more up their sleeves...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2005, 12:26 AM »
By end of June?  That's awesome... but gonna be hell on the wallet.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2005, 08:06 AM »
Wow!  57 figures?  Plus all the other stuff like 500th Vader, Evolutions Pack, Clone War Packs, Vehicles, Battle Sets, etc. 

I wonder if they will stick with strictly ROTS until the end of the year for basic figures? 

SilverZ

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2005, 01:57 PM »
The Hasbro Q&A folks at C3 were pretty insistant on the idea that the line being all ROTS for the year's duration, but a few tidbits about whats in store would be helpful to support that right about now.

I guess they're going to be quiet until San Diego. That's too bad, as right now would have been an excellent time, amidst the movie launch hype, to send some new information out to collectors. If the dates on the waves of new stuff holds up, we'll already have the Evo sets and most figures through #56 in our hands by the time the show starts.

I just wish a hint could be dropped right about now. Considering the movie is in full swing, there's just not a lot of news happening around the toy line.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2005, 11:36 PM »
Sounds like Mark at RS was told there are 12 more figures planned and will probably be announced/shown at Comic-Con...whee!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2005, 11:44 PM »
I'm shocked!   ;)  The Hasbro sculptors at C3 said there would be more, but wouldn't elaborate on which ones.  I have to believe Cody is going to be one of them.  I really want to see another Padme, and beyond that, it's anybody's guess.

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2005, 05:22 AM »
Sounds like Mark at RS was told there are 12 more figures planned and will probably be announced/shown at Comic-Con...whee!

I'm surprised it's only going to be 12, and that the rest of what we've already seen through #56 will likely be out by the midpoint of the year.  So an additional 12 ROTS figures couldn't take much more than a couple more months to hit retail, leaving a whopping 4 months left in the year for what exactly?

I'm guessing that perhaps Hasbro will switch back to a "Saga" type of line, so it can capitalize on the ROTS excitement and redistribute versions of many of the popular characters from the other 5 films, in addition to a few more ROTS stragglers.  I'm sure Hasbro knows that a lot of us are anxious to get back to the bread and butter of the OT soon, so hopefully they'll surprise us and offer some new figures from the originals in the 4th quarter of this year.

I also pray that they revert back to the beautifully styled OTC card design for the next figure sub-line as well!  8)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2005, 09:01 AM »
If there are 12 more you have to believe they will crank out at least one more Anakin and Vader in the black suit someway.  I am thinking one of them could be a Pilot Anakin even though they sort of made one with that Toys R Us Jedi Starfighter exclusive.  I was thinking more along the lines of that Kenobi Pilot. 

I will guess the following: 

Anakin - Pilot
Vader - somehow they will think up of another one in the black suit
Yoda - Not sure what but it's probably a given
Clone - probably a couple of these Maybe Cody - any of them really - Blue, Red, you name it
Nute Gunray - With battle damage slash mark across the chest
FX-6 - The medic droid from
2-1B - Possibly?
Mace Windu - With cloak hopefully and SA
Kenobi - Not sure what but you gotta think Kenobi is in the mix
Owen Lars? not sure if Hasbro will want to go with this?
Beru Lars?  same as above
Palpatine - Hmmmm...could be anything but he'll be there. 
Padme - I think they will give us the bun hairstyle - of course with a pistol
Tantive Pilot - They have to give us a bona fide no doubt about it pegwarmer.  I think this guy will fit the bill.  I really like Jeremy Bulloch but his figure would rot on the pegs for all time if they make it.  They will :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2005, 09:19 AM »
I am hoping that they will stay away from resculpts already, but i know thats probably not realistic. I think no wis the time for Beru and Owen, as well as the infant twins.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"