Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 52715 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #210 on: September 9, 2005, 03:54 PM »
So, can someone who has access to the actual film version of ROTS say exactly how "off" Gree's design/deco is?  I know that the non-film publicity shots of his helmet were of the unfinished variety, but from the way I remember him in the film itself, he had a full (if small) comm backpack, as well as straps for said backpack.  The figure looks as if it's a 41 body with painted on straps and no backpack (although I can't be sure).

Also, just to be irritating to some people, I noticed that the photo on the back of the 501st Clone is of the AT-TE Tank Gunner publicity photo variety and not the 41 Clone body at SDCC variety.  I'm really hoping that when it does get released, it will be the latter and not the former.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 9, 2005, 06:31 PM »
agreed, And...you ARE irritating me Doc ;)
but thanks for pointing out the controversial info for safe discussion! 8)
I really wish they DO use the one at the comic con! :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #212 on: September 9, 2005, 07:14 PM »
I only want Gree and Bly out of these final 12. I might go for the holo figures and the Wookiees, but I'm not sure yet. I'll probably just get these since the Clones will disappear quickly, so there's no point in worrying about it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 9, 2005, 09:00 PM »
I haven't changed my wants for the final 12, just the number. Bly and Gree yes, the new R4 yes, 501st x2 (to complete the squad from JTA), Grevious Bodyguard White x1, and 1 Wookie Commando.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2005, 01:40 AM »
Looks to me like Gree is made from the #6 Clone? Why?

Why did they even bother to make that #6 Clone in the first place when they had the SA body from the Clone Wars line sitting there waiting to be re-used? Why? Why? And why haven't they just used the #41 body for all the clones? I would have preferred that body on Baccarra, Clone Commander, hell, even the AT-RT Driver.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2005, 10:23 AM »
Gree is the SA body. You can tell because of the antenae packed with him.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2005, 12:09 PM »
Bly looks sweet in the package, cant wait for this wave to hit any day now  8)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2005, 05:04 PM »
My guess is at or around OCT 1st >:(

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2005, 05:31 PM »
I ended up not ordering a case from EE or anywhere else, mostly due to the money situation, but partially because I'm hoping the figures come out before the DVD.  This way, I figure that WM and Target will keep the ROTS figures coming for at least a month (assuming they show up at the end of September/beginning of October like Slothus suggested) in decent numbers, and when the DVD hits, they'll pretty much have to keep a full display for at least two or three weeks in November.

My biggest fear is that the 2006 Saga Collection figures will begin showing up in November and that will start to edge the ROTS figures out of the toy aisle completely.  I know that many of you (as in, "Everyone but DoctorPadawan") are looking forward to the OT figures returning en masse, but if they come out too soon after the "final 12", it's going to cause one hell of a mess in finding those last 12.  Stores will be so busy ordering more of the Hans, Leias, and Chewies that they will say, "Who cares about a blue Stormtrooper?  WHERE THE LUKES AT?"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2005, 08:35 PM »
Well all I really care about right now are the various clonetroopers.  I will definately pounce on Bly, 501ts, Cree, Evolutions Set, and variants.  The other stuff like the Wookie and Passel, etc I may or may not get. 

SilverZ

#65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2005, 11:00 PM »
So since AFX seems to have these in stock now, I wonder how soon we'll see these. The whole ROTS run has been really, really narrow from their appearance in Asia to their appearance stateside. Maybe we're only a couple weeks away from seeing these guys.

Part of me is worried that these figures too, Michael, C2 especially, in that they will be like the last E1 wave and barely see distribution. A bunch of rehashes, even cool ones, may not be getting a heavy push into stores.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2005, 12:13 AM »
I agree with Jared and Michael...I mean look at it- how many people/times (not me 'cause I lucked out) did we get burned when a line ends/new one begins? I can even remember POTJ cases cutting down to only a few cases per store at the end of the line,same with EP1, Post OTC ect.

I never did see the last 3 saga figs- that were moved to OTC-at the stores. I'm hopefully thinking this won't happen this time :-X. Last I checked ..when Hasbro has a line named with a year- then they won't release it until that year...again..with Hasbro, NOTHING would surprise me here ::). If they do what Michael suggested then Hasbro will be becoming like Hot Wheels( new cars for the next year coming out in mid October) >:(

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2005, 05:36 AM »
Two items. First, I think if you live in an area with good distribution on the other ROTS, you'll find the last 12 rather easily. Seems to me that there are pockets thorughout the country (Bay Area, So. Cal, Arizonia, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Chicago, and sorry, I don't watch the east that much living out west) that seem to get new stuff quickly and in abundance. Thus I am not worried about finding the items IF I actively hunt when they first come out. IF I miss them when the are released, then yes, I would be worried about not finding them.

I guess my second thought is that I am too a point that as much as I want some of these figures, IF I miss them, c'est la vie, no big deal. Don't take me wrong, I REALLY want some of these, but IF I cannot get them, that is okay. However, I think through our local collecting forum, I have helped enough people that if someone finds them before me, I will be able to get 1 of each figure I want.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2005, 12:55 PM »

Part of me is worried that these figures too, Michael, C2 especially, in that they will be like the last E1 wave and barely see distribution. A bunch of rehashes, even cool ones, may not be getting a heavy push into stores.

This is my number one concern. It's funny, people complain and worry constantly that they are going to miss figures, but somehow miss that fact that it's usually only the last figures released in the line like the the upcoming C2 stuff that are the true tough ones to get.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2005, 02:35 PM »
I think I said this either in this thread (much earlier) or another, but it bears repeating: Hasbro's track record with "last assortments" of anything is awful, and we should prepare for another round of that this time.

POTF2:  Final assortment under original UPC was the AT-AT Driver, Leia Hoth, DSD, and Pote Snitkin wave, which retail didn't even want and had to go to the FC as exclusives.  The last POTF2 waves that actually hit retail were the Katarn/Jade/Leia and Spacetrooper/Darktrooper EU waves.

Post-POTF2 (Flashback Asst. through end of CommTechs): Hooded Leia and Admiral Motti.

Episode I:  Final assortments included: Swimming Jar Jar/BD Droideka/Qui-Gon JM in Collection 1; Sio Bibble/Pit Droids/Battle Amidala in C2; and TC-14 and R2-B1 in C3.

POTJ:  Bo'Shek/Teebo/R4-M9 wave (Episode II Sneak Preview wave was its own assortment number, IIRC)

Saga:  Final C2 assortment was actually the Clone Wars wave 3, which included Fisto/Saesee Tiin/SA Clone Trooper.  Final C1 assortment was the Endor Generals 2004 wave (while not considered a C1, it was still under that UPC)

OTC:  Imperial Scanning Trooper

ROTS:  "The Final 12" which includes 2 highly requested Clone Commanders in Collection 1 (packed one per case) and the most requested Clone grunt design in Collection 2 (501st or Tactical Ops Trooper).  Get out your Extra Strength Tylenol, guys.  ::)