Author Topic: Silver Fett and Clonetrooper coming...  (Read 24006 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Silver Fett and Clonetrooper coming...
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2003, 09:30 PM »
While I want a carded set of these for my loose collection's centerpiece, I really have an itch for 2 of the Fett because he's a relatively neat looking figure that I think may be just as neat loose.

Hopefully these won't be much of an issue to get at the Fan Club...  Vader wasn't, not to me anyway.  I just called them up a couple days after the 2nd mention of them being made available and ordered one.  

I'd love to see more impressive exclusives come the Fan Club's way though...  How about "grey" jumpsuited Imperial Officer figures?  All 3 heads if possible...  I'd be pretty ecstatic to see that made available through them...  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2003, 10:37 PM »
Sounds cool to me.I like these figures alot.Looks like I'm going to have to join the damn Fanclub again tho to get mine.Something I really dont care to do again.

Maybe, maybe not.  I've never been a member of the fan club.  The price to be a member in Canada is rather absurd, particularly after exchange.  I no longer remember the exact amount, but it ran somewhere around $75 or more.  Too steep for me.  

That, however, has never stopped me from ordering anything from the fan club.  I'm not sure why, but I've never had a problem. Got most of the EU stuff through there.  The fan club exclusive four, Wuher and even the stormtrooper 4 pack.  Maybe they have a rule for foreigners ordering, I have no idea.  I just hope I haven't jeopardized that ability by saying this.  

I have to have this Fett.  I have Vader and R2, so I must have this guy.  Hopefully I can luck out with the fanclub again (unless anyone wants to volunteer to help me ;)).  Or not.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2003, 02:25 PM »
On page 7 of the new Tomart's Guide it talks about these two figures, availability, and more.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Vic Wertz

• Youngling
  • Scruffy-looking Nerfherder
    • View Profile
    • The Official Star Wars Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2003, 04:39 PM »
>The price to be a member in Canada is rather absurd, particularly after exchange.  I no longer remember the exact amount, but it ran somewhere around $75 or more.  Too steep for me.<

The price is $28.95 USD for the US, and $39.95 USD for Canada.  At today's exchange rate, that's $55.25 CAD.  I wish it could be lower, but the Canadian Postal Service doesn't let us take  advantage of the special magazine postage rate that the US Post Office offers.

>That, however, has never stopped me from ordering anything from the fan club.  I'm not sure why, but I've never had a problem. Got most of the EU stuff through there.  The fan club exclusive four, Wuher and even the stormtrooper 4 pack.  Maybe they have a rule for foreigners ordering, I have no idea.  I just hope I haven't jeopardized that ability by saying this. <

You're talking about the Official e-commerce site run by Wizards of the Coast - their license allows them to sell items to members and non-members alike.  However, the Fan Club is now run by Paizo Publishing.  Items on our site (starwars.paizo.com) are available to Fan Club Members only.

For those of you who have reservations about joining the Fan Club because of past experience, please be aware that it's under new management, and we've been working hard to make it the best it has ever been.  We've brought back the membership kit for the first time in years; we brought back Bantha Tracks quarterly for members only; we've increased the amount of collecting content in the magazine, including a regular "Toybox" column, where, this month, Hasbro's Andy Espenshade revealed the first photo of the Unleashed Boba Fett.  We've been working hard to deliver more fan interactivity, which you'll read about soon right here at jedidefender.com.  We hear every day that the Insider is better than ever, and we're working to make it even better than that.

You can visit starwars.paizo.com for mroe details - including the first photo of the convention Fett figure.

-Vic Wertz
Scruffy-looking Nerfherder
The Official Star Wars Fan Club
http://starwars.paizo.com/

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2003, 05:01 PM »
Here's the official picture of the Silver Boba Fett...

dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2003, 05:46 PM »
A thing of pure beauty it is, I tell ya'!   :o

And I'd also like to give a big JediDefender welcome to Vic Wertz, who has honored us with his presence here in the JD forums!  As most of you probably already know, Vic is the head of product development for The Official Star Wars Fan Club, and at the top of the food chain over at Paizo - the publishing company of our beloved Star Wars Insider magazines!

So thank you very much for joining us here Vic.  We look forward to having the chance to offer our input to you, and to hear your thoughts and insights on all things Paizo, Insider, Fan Club, or otherwise Star Wars!   8)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 06:00 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2003, 05:50 PM »
So is that the shadow of the skull behind Fett??
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2003, 05:53 PM »

Sure is Beth!  That all-too familiar one from Fett's shoulder armor.  I believe I've heard that it's a Bantha's skull, but I may be mistaken.  Either way, a very cool, yet subtle, touch to this great piece!  Can't wait to get mine!

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2003, 07:38 PM »
Welcome Vic Wertz! Nice to have you here.

Please keep sending stuff in to the wonderful staff here are JD. We will all look foward to seeing future posts.

May The Force Be With You!

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2003, 08:15 PM »
Hey Vic I saw in another site (rebelscum) that you were saying that the fan club may set up a fast line for Fan Club members with they Fan Club Cards.  Do the cards have to be filled out with our FCM # or would having the card be enough, I ask because I lost the paper with my # on it and I plan on going to Comic Con in San Diego this summer.  
And the Fett looks great.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2003, 08:28 PM »
I actually have a rather similar question to Tom's here, and that's that I'm a Fan Club member, but have no idea where my Fan Club card is (or if I ever got one for that matter)...   ???

I'll be in attendance at the San Diego Comic Con as well, and would obviously like to come prepared, but I don't currently have my card or membership information anywhere that I know of (and I'm in the middle of moving right now too, which doesn't help matters).

So Vic, is there any way of getting a replacement card, or any type of official Fan Club member confirmation that I could bring along to the convention to prove my status?  I'd imagine a fair number of FC members will likely be in the same boat as me with this particular issue here.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Meanwhile, I'm going to go home and start searching through my TONS of Star Wars boxes, in search of my Magic Star Wars Badge (member card)!

Also, is it safe to assume that there will be some type of "checking off" of the members who have received their allotted 2 Fett figures, so there's no unfortunate repeats of the previous Jorg Sacul distribution fiasco at C2, where a lot of people bought many more than 2, while a lot of other people were unable to get ANY.   :'(  I really hope the Fan Club takes this into consideration so that everyone in attendance will have an opportunity to get their fair share...   8)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 08:30 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Vic Wertz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2003, 08:33 PM »
>Hey Vic I saw in another site (rebelscum) that you were saying that the fan club may set up a fast line for Fan Club members with they Fan Club Cards.  Do the cards have to be filled out with our FCM # or would having the card be enough, I ask because I lost the paper with my # on it and I plan on going to Comic Con in San Diego this summer. 
And the Fett looks great. <

Yes - we also mentioned the possibility of the express line in the press release, but I think people were too excited to notice.  You don't need your member number on the card - we know many people want to keep them in mint condition.  However, if you do want your number, you can find it on the mailing label attached to the magazine's polybag.

Keep in mind we're not promising the express lane will happen, but we'll try to set it up if traffic patterns allow.

-Vic.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2003, 08:45 PM »

Sure is Beth!  That all-too familiar one from Fett's shoulder armor.  I believe I've heard that it's a Bantha's skull, but I may be mistaken.  Either way, a very cool, yet subtle, touch to this great piece!  Can't wait to get mine!
No no no no... It's not a Bantha Skull!

Offline Vic Wertz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2003, 08:57 PM »
>have no idea where my Fan Club card is (or if I ever got one for that matter)...<

I think you'd remember... it was part of the 2003 membership kit, which you can see at http://starwars.paizo.com/.  It's high-quality plastic - like a credit card - with a photo of Yoda from Ep II.

2003 kits went out to people who subscribed or renewed starting in July of 2002, so if that's you and you didn't get your kit, please drop a note to starwars@paizo.com.  By the time the convention season starts, the vast majority of current members should have their kit; the only exceptions might be people who are expiring very close to the start of the convention season who haven't renewed yet.  Those people will need to renew to get their kits.

>Also, is it safe to assume that there will be some type of "checking off" of the members who have received their allotted 2 Fett figures<

To be clear, convention sales are not to Fan Club members only - any convention attendee can buy the figure.  After the convention season, sales through our website will be members-only.

We will be punching badges as we sell figures.

-Vic.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2003, 09:00 PM by Vic Wertz »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2003, 03:12 AM »
>have no idea where my Fan Club card is (or if I ever got one for that matter)...<

I think you'd remember... it was part of the 2003 membership kit, which you can see at http://starwars.paizo.com/.  It's high-quality plastic - like a credit card - with a photo of Yoda from Ep II.

Nope, definitely never got that kit.  I renewed just a month or so before Paizo took over last year (if I recall correctly).  Plus, I never got any of the Fan Club membership kits or goodies, other than when I initially signed up many years ago (and one time when I mistakenly let my subscription lapse a few years ago and had to re-up).  I NEVER got anything when I simply renewed my membership every year or two, which always bothered me a little.  I think I'm due for a renewal pretty soon here, so hopefully I'll get the cool Paizo kit at that time...

the only exceptions might be people who are expiring very close to the start of the convention season who haven't renewed yet.  Those people will need to renew to get their kits.

This is probably my situation here...

>Also, is it safe to assume that there will be some type of "checking off" of the members who have received their allotted 2 Fett figures<

We will be punching badges as we sell figures.

Excellent.  This is what I was getting at.  I mispoke above, and meant to say "attendees at the conventions".  So this is good news if you'll be punching badges.  That's perfect, and should help more/all people to get a shot at purchasing this figure at the show(s)...

Thanks for the info Vic!  Guess you should be expecting to see my renewal fees show up on your desk pretty dang soon then!   ;)

- Matt

No no no no... It's not a Bantha Skull!

P.S.  Brad, if that's not a Bantha skull there, would you please be so kind as to refresh my memory on what it actually is?!  Hollerin' "no, no, no, no!" does very little to enlighten me, other than to make me think it's got something to do with Ewoks - due to your excitement there!   ;D  What is it, a Yuzzum?  Rancor?  Krayt?  Wampa maybe?  I give up, so spill the beans!   :P