Author Topic: JD Fantasy Basketball 2005  (Read 40560 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 2005
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Brent, don't mean to burst your bubble on Kobe.  But if the league was set up with Yahoo default settings, Kobe would be the number 2 player behind only Marion.  His FG% isn't that bad at 44.9% but he also gives you 84.9% from the FT%.  The only downside really is his TOs at 249.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2006, 12:20 PM »
My big killer in the draft was not drafting a center early.  I kept going after guys and literally about 3 times they got picked the pick before I wanted to take them - I kept not taking the next one that I liked, thinking - I could get him next round.

So I eventually ended up with 2 centers that started the season injured.  I initially thought it was no big deal and that since they'd be back soon I'd just make the rebounds up - but I never did, especially defensive rebounds.  I think that my lack of quality center play was the reason I could finish up in first place without a doubt.  I tried by using most of my Utility games with Magliore and Pachullia and Dalembert all getting lots of time - but it was too little too late.  Next year I'm taking a center somewhere in the first 4 rounds.

Billups was great, but ended up being very hit or miss towards the end of the season... 35 points one night, 8 the next.  15 assists one night, 4 the next....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Brent, don't mean to burst your bubble on Kobe.  But if the league was set up with Yahoo default settings, Kobe would be the number 2 player behind only Marion.  His FG% isn't that bad at 44.9% but he also gives you 84.9% from the FT%.  The only downside really is his TOs at 249.

Don't mess with my preconceived notions >:(  I'll believe what I want to believe, whether I'm right or not.   ;)  I took Kobe last year with the third pick, about where I picked this year, and didn't pick him this year to my detriment.  I was trying to call myself an idiot in a kinder, gentler way.  Thanks for ruining that :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2006, 12:36 PM »
Don't mess with my preconceived notions >:(  I'll believe what I want to believe, whether I'm right or not.   ;)  I took Kobe last year with the third pick, about where I picked this year, and didn't pick him this year to my detriment.  I was trying to call myself an idiot in a kinder, gentler way.  Thanks for ruining that :P

My bad.   ;)  Keep drinking that Kool-Aid then.   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2006, 12:40 PM »
And so I shall.  Just about lunch time, nothing like a martini or eight. 

:)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2006, 02:00 PM »
So, last year, I finished in the bottom 25% (I think I was 9/10 or maybe even last, I managed to block it out). 

This year, I'm sitting at #9 (of 12), which keeps me out of the bottom 25%.

I guess I'll consider this year a "success" because I wasn't quite as crappy as last year!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2006, 12:27 AM »
I'm currently a half a point from a tie for first... if lamar odom can get a steal with 9:07 to play, I'd get back half a point in steals that I lost earlier.

Likewise, if Kobe can come up with a steal with 9:07 left to play, Airballs would lose half a point to Air Spud.

It's not terribly likely especially since I think both of those guys might be sitting at this point, but I never thought I'd be this close with a few minutes left in the season...  :-\
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 12:29 AM by Rob »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Also keep in mind that Dres er Famine's team is maxed out on games and while the stats are showing up tonight, they won't tomorrow.  You may actually be ahead right now ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Famine's team is maxed out on games

****. :o

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2006, 12:33 AM »
Also keep in mind that Dres er Famine's team is maxed out on games and while the stats are showing up tonight, they won't tomorrow.  You may actually be ahead right now ;)

Oooh, I was thinking that Stat Tracker was smart enough to figure all that out before adding it to the totals... It also might mean that I'm farther behind than I was thinking since maybe Airballs didn't lose as many points as it appeared...

We'll see I guess.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2006, 12:34 AM »
I made the proverbial one trade too many this year.  I should have kept Ilgauskas and Nash for Ben Wallace who tanked after I got him, largely because the Pistons pretty much wrapped everything up pretty early

I agree with Brent though, FG and FT% instead of FGM and FTM for next year

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2006, 03:53 AM »
I didn't play last year but what was wrong with default settings? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2006, 09:47 AM »
I didn't play last year but what was wrong with default settings?

You can blame that on me.  The default settings (like % instead of pts) were being used in the "other" JD league (which was full when I created my league), so I changed things up so my league would be different from the other one.

Then, the other league folded and well, we had the settings we have here because nobody asked me to change them until after the draft.

Well, those [default] categories were used in the original (now defunct league) started by Dressel.  When I created my league, the other one was still in existance. 

I thought I would change the settings a bit to differentiate the two leagues so they weren't just carbon copies of each other.   Hence, the switch to points made (not %) and the split between O-Reb and D-Reb. 

When the first league folded, leaving this league the only league, my settings (points made) were never changed to match Dressel's (%).

I can assure you that I have not monkeyed with the settings since the original post. 

One of these years we will have to learn to have everyone actually read the rules before the draft so this stuff doesn't always pop up.   :-X   :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Looks like the final standings are in:

1   The Zods
2   Airballs
3   Air Spud
4   Dunking Wookiees
5   The Famine
6   Minnesota Muskies
7   Montreal EZ's
8   really rottens
9   Thug Squad Ballers
10   Snagglicious!
11   Canuckleheads
12   Spuggets

Thanks to everyone for playing this year and congrats to The Zods!   :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2006, 09:57 AM »
Congrats Famine,  you beat Scott!  Thatta boy!!

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda