Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Bar's open! What'll you have...?

<< < (158/164) > >>

Nicklab:
Esquire had renowned Scottish actor Brian Cox sit down in an effort to educate Americans about the pronunciations of the names of some of the more renowned Scotch whiskeys.  Check it out here.

name:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on January 12, 2014, 09:26 PM ---Esquire had renowned Scottish actor Brian Cox sit down in an effort to educate Americans about the pronunciations of the names of some of the more renowned Scotch whiskeys.  Check it out here.

--- End quote ---

Holy crap.  That is what I was logging in to post.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: name on January 14, 2014, 01:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nicklab on January 12, 2014, 09:26 PM ---Esquire had renowned Scottish actor Brian Cox sit down in an effort to educate Americans about the pronunciations of the names of some of the more renowned Scotch whiskeys.  Check it out here.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

But how else would you know how to pronounce Bruichladdich or Caol Ila?

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on January 14, 2014, 02:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: name on January 14, 2014, 01:17 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

But how else would you know how to pronounce Bruichladdich or Caol Ila?

--- End quote ---

Listening to Ralfy's vlogs? 

And I'd suggest there's some discrepancy with the pronunciation of Caol Ila.  Brian Cox says "Cool Isle-a" but every pronunciation I've heard from others is "cool eela".  So I'm not entirely certain Mr. Cox is absolutely correct.  It's #13 on the list I last posted (which I've both added to and subtracted from since that post) so I purposely went looking for the pronunciation. 

I Am Sith:
In a beer mood tonight.  Got a new favorite - Flying Dog 'Old Scratch' Amber Lager.  Warms the insides...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version