Author Topic: Bar's open! What'll you have...?  (Read 153426 times)

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Bar's open! What'll you have...?
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2003, 09:59 PM »
Ain't love a b***h, Carrie?  That's a bummer your man's so far away.  So you're in ChiTown, remind me how far away is he again?  I want to say Colorado or somewhere near there...

I'll have whatever you're having.  Better to drink with friends when you're down - though a whole case might be a bit too much.  But we'll play it by ear...   :'(

So do you have plans to move out to be with your fella sometime soon?  I'd guess yes based on your location blurb in your profile here.  If so, just try to keep that happy thought in mind right now!   :)

Ah, thanks luv.  :)

He lives in Rhode Island, and I will be moving there to be with him in a few months. It's just going to be really hard until then, and there's no way to quell the lonliness in between visits, with the exception of phone calls. The calls help I guess, but it's just not the same.  We wait with such anticipation to see eachother, and after it's all over, it's just really crushing to have to let go.  It'll be worth all this when it's all said and done and I'm living in RI, I just have my moments of weakness (translate= whiny-ness). And for those moments, we have alcohol.

Cheers, Matt.  ;)
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2003, 10:31 PM »
Colorado... Rhode Island...  I was pretty close there, eh?!   ;D  Not sure where I got that idea from.  Well, 2 months ain't too bad in the grand scheme of things really Carrie.  Just hang in there and try to keep yourself real busy in the interim - that's the best way to keep your mind off of it!

But I know it's especially hard parting ways when you just got together with someone for a number of days and regained that oh so comfortable and happy feeling to be in each other's company again.

It's tough for me just to spend a weekend with some of my old college buddies sometimes (and my wife's the same way with her friends) - the guys I used to spend every single day with for years back in school, but now just get to see for a couple days every year or two.  Getting together again with them is so great, and it so feels like old times - like we were never even apart.  But then when it comes to an end, you feel like you just smashed your thrilling car ride into a wall at full speed, and then you're left with a totally sad and lonely feeling for a while - and the good times are immediately gone, left only with memories again...   :'(

I better stop now before I start crying like this graemlin!  My point is, it's always hard those first several days after you've gotten together with a loved one or very good friend.  Hang in there - it'll get better.  And keep yourself busy!

And drink this smooth shot of Southern Comfort with me to ease the pain!   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2003, 10:37 PM »
Dang, Rhode Island.  Hmm, lots 'o boxes round here with Star Wars and RI stamped on them.  Nice for your collection, better for your sanity.  Hang in there.  

That's the cool thing about being married.  No matter how much I drive Mrs. Bug nuts, she still likes to have me around.  And vice versa.  Lots of things are taken for granted, but better that than to be apart (yeah, I know, I'm not helping, but something for you to look forward too).  

Better than sappy old Matt MegaBucks ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2003, 01:50 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. Matt, it may actually be several months before I move to RI (looks like 3-5 months right now). I'm in love, I can't help but think about him. So, I have to just deal with it knowing that the end result will be very worth it. I will continue to cry when I need to, and yes, drink occasionally.  :)

Drinkail!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2003, 09:27 PM »
Better than sappy old Matt MegaBucks ;)

Sappy?  No.  Sentimental?  Yes.   :-\

Old?  Kinda.  Relative to Morgbug?  Not even close.   ;D   :-*

MegaBucks?  No way.  Code 3 collector anyways?  Hell yeah!   8)

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 1, 2003, 11:10 PM »
One of the first things that I'm going to do after I move on Saturday is make my way to the store and buy some liquor to consume. Wooooo!! Any suggestions, gentlemen?

Oh, and would anyone like to help me move?

Anyone?

Come on, I don't have that much furniture.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: May 2, 2003, 12:47 AM »
Carrie, if you pay for my plane ticket, I'd be there in a minute!  I'd even drag my wife along to help out!  Moving always sucks, but add a little pizza and beer and usually that's enough to entice all of your friends to help out!  Wish I could pitch in.  So you're just moving across town right, not too far?

Already had way too many Sam Adams tonight just watching the Lakers game, so I probably won't be much good come Saturday morning anyways!

Good luck, and don't forget to lift with your LEGS, and NOT with your back!   :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 2, 2003, 09:49 PM »
Well here it is. Friday night. It has been a good week so I'm buying. What's on tap. Any suggestions?

Carrie, I would love to help you move but my old & frail back would not allow it. That & my tennis elbow.  ;D

Hope it all works out for ya.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 2, 2003, 10:43 PM »

Carrie, I would love to help you move but my old & frail back would not allow it. That & my tennis elbow.  ;D

Uh, yeah, that's it.  Well, that and my 3 year old plans on beating the crud out of me.  (Hey Scott, is crud better than crap?  just trying to play by the rules here)

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 4, 2003, 02:31 AM »
Well, I'm all moved in and now I'm surrounded by unpacked boxes.... eek. I've unpacked some, but it seems like a dent hasn't even been made. Everything went pretty smoothly, except with my computer.  I almost didn't have internet when there was a problem with Windows, and THEN a problem getting onling with the new cable modem. Anyway, I'm here, and I'm okay.  :-*

I've had a couple of Tyskie beers tonight (I live in a neighborhood very heavily populated with Polish people, so there's a  lot of good Polish beer to be had around here).

Cheers from the Northwest side of Chicago, everyone!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 4, 2003, 02:42 AM »
Glad your moved in & very thing went well Carrie.  
Moving is not fun. Boy do I know & probably the same with everyone else.
I'm having a Smirnoff Ice right now so  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 4, 2003, 10:56 PM »
Congrats on the move Carrie.  Polish beer, eh?  Cannot say I recall ever having one.  Must try to locate some.  

Having a Canada Dry right now ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: May 5, 2003, 05:30 PM »
Summer Seasonal Beer time is my favorite time of year...myself I really like the Sam Adams varieties (some of their winter brews are amazing)  anyhoo, there is a great one the intorduced last year called Summer Ale  I may try and go out and pick one up tonight...

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 5, 2003, 08:31 PM »
Thanks, Morgbug.  :)

OCB, I had a Sam Adams Spring Ale last night, it was very good. Not sure if I've ever tried the Summer Ale, but I'll definitely drink the Spring Ale again. You should check it out if you already haven't.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 5, 2003, 08:40 PM »
I like the Sam Adam's Weiss.  Very good!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback