Author Topic: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro  (Read 28921 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2005, 11:31 PM »
What is Hasbro's stance on Endothermic Nuclear De-Regulation?

Hasbro supports the deregulation of nuclear power plants, and to commemorate this stance on a serious political issue, Target will be offering an exclusive Radiation Suit Clone Trooper this spring.  The proceeds from this toy will be donated to Hasbro.

Does Hasbro really hate LEGO's Star Wars sets because they think the minifigures are too close to action figures?

What is Lego?  NOBODY MAKES STAR WARS TOYS BUT US!  NEXT QUESTION!

Precisely how many licks does it take to get to the tootsieroll center of a tootsie pop?

Our research department has informed me that Mr. Owl claims the answer is three, but it will take some time to get approval from Lucasfilm Licensing on this number.  Expect delays on me getting back to you on this.

When are you rascals going to make a resculpt of R5-D4? It should have been done at least 7 years ago. Are you to busy playing with yourselves over there in Hasbro land? That must be it. It's the only explanation for your laziness. You @$GG!!!

The fact that we at Hasbro find ourselves to be dead sexy notwithstanding, we are planning on rereleasing the 1997 POTF2 R5-D4 figure in the 2006 Saga Collection.  We are aware that there is a huge demand for this figure to return, so you can expect to see him on the shelves in the summer of 2006! 

We realize that there were some issues collectors had with the rocket launcher feature, so we have redesigned R5-D4 so this is no longer an issue: he is now an actual rocket launcher with legs and no head.

Tell me what you don't like about yourself.

See previous posts referring to the fact that we at Hasbro have no balls.  That would be about it; otherwise we are perfect.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Now that it is confirmed that we are getting Star Wars Transformers, I was wondering if there was any truth to the other rumored Cross-marketing line...

Star Wars My Little Ponies.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2005, 08:21 AM »
Now that it is confirmed that we are getting Star Wars Transformers, I was wondering if there was any truth to the other rumored Cross-marketing line...

Star Wars My Little Ponies.

This is more or less also true.  As revealed by your staff member Jeff in another thread, Star Wars and My Little Pony will cross over in mid-2006 for the "My Little Tauntaun" line.  This will include six different Tauntauns in varying colors (mostly "girly" colors) and will have combable fur and those big doe eyes that make the MLP line so cute.  Awwww....

We would also like to take this opportunity to announce another cross-over between Hasbro brands: Star Wars Visionairies.  Yes, we know the latter line hasn't been around for almost 17 years, but we feel that our recent foray into holographic overkill is actually suited for this line.  The line will consist of 10 figures done in the SW holographic style, with a holographic chest piece which pictures a hologram of that character!  They will also come with a "saber staff" that also shows a hologram of that character.  We think that this is the finest idea we have ever come up with here at Hasbro, even though the regular Visionairies line bombed when it was released in the first place (this, of course, was due to retail).

You can expect the Star Wars Visionairies line to arrive at retail in mid-2006.  We regret to report, however, that due to the increased cost of production, we are cancelling the Galactic Heroes line so we can concentrate our efforts on the SW:V line. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Dear Hasblo,

If Sideshow toys has great success with their run of the 12" line, will you regret giving up the license?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Dear Hasblo,

If Sideshow toys has great success with their run of the 12" line, will you regret giving up the license?

We are fairly certain that the 12 inch line Sideshow is doing will fail horribly.  If our past few years of 12 inch offerings are any indication of the general public's interest in such a line, Sideshow has a massive disaster on their hands.  I mean, letting fans pick a figure to be made, much less one from the Expanded Universe?  That's just destined for failure.  And who wants to pay 50 dollars for a 12 inch figure when they can get a less detailed version for 20?  I mean, really, who does Sideshow think they are fooling here?

However, we will confirm that if the Sideshow 12 inch line does become a success, we will immediately cry like little babies and try to either yank the license back or attempt to buy Sideshow.  But the likelihood of that happening is the likelihood of Attacktix failing at retail. 

Offline Ranat

• Youngling
  • Giggity Giggity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Y Helo Thar Hasbro Representative! Did you know that Quinlan Vos was actually in Episode I: The Phantom Menace? Here is proof from the official Star Wars Website:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/quinlanvos/?id=bts

Now what is your excuse not to make him???
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2005, 10:05 PM »
We'll holy heck, your right.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2005, 10:23 PM »
Y Helo Thar Hasbro Representative! Did you know that Quinlan Vos was actually in Episode I: The Phantom Menace? Here is proof from the official Star Wars Website:

We have never seen the "Phantom Menace" film you speak of.  Was this the one with Khan, or the one with Dr. Troy playing Dr. Doom?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2005, 11:25 PM »

We have never seen the "Phantom Menace" film you speak of.  Was this the one with Khan, or the one with Dr. Troy playing Dr. Doom?

Nope, it's the one with Billy Zane as the Phantom and Cathereine Zeta-Jones is in the movie too.

What do you guys at Hasbro think of our Top 5 Hotties thread?
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2005, 01:44 AM »

Nope, it's the one with Billy Zane as the Phantom and Cathereine Zeta-Jones is in the movie too.

The Phantom was the bomb yo!

Dear Hasbro,

How comfortable is it up Wal-Mart's butt, surely there's not a lot of room with Mattel and the RIAA being lodged up there as well.

Thank you for your time, watch out for the corn...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2005, 02:19 AM »
The Entertainment Earth Ewok packs and rant about Colman are the best posts in this thread. :)

Can't wait to jump on those EE Ewok packs.   ::)  Just the right price to really army build with.  I bet we see about as many pictures of those Ewok armies as we've seen of these supposedly "hot" Clone Trooper 4-pack armies too.  I haven't seen one yet that I can think of.  Mother ******.

Anyway...  So Hasbro, in 10 years of modern Star Wars you've only really put a lot of effort into the line in the last 3 years or so.  How does it feel to have basically wasted 66.6% or so of the time you've had with inferior quality on the shelves?  Do you (likely) consider ROTS the weakest line you've ever done while Saga was clearly your best work?  Or was the original 1995 group of figures your peak and it's been all downhill to you guys since then?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2005, 11:04 AM »

It is Hasbro policy to not participate in any threads that either we do not start or that are not started by a paid representative at the pinnacle of SW collecting discussion, the Rebelscum forums.  Regardless, I have investigated your "Top 5 Hottys" thread, and I am astounded by your misconception of beauty by continuing to not post nude photographs of Ms. Kathy Bates.

Some of you might be asking yourself, "Well, if the RS forums are the pinnacle of SW collecting discussion, why are you here at JD in this thread?"  The answer is quite embarassing, to be honest.  I started what I titled an "Official Q&A with Hasbro" thread in their ROTS forums, but it was locked because the only person who can start "Official" threads was a moderator known as GNT.  When I informed him of my credentials, he informed me of his credentials, which apparently entail being a deity of some sort, and I was banned.  All mention of this thread was erased from the forums.  When I attempted to ask why the thread had been locked and deleted in their feedback forums, this thread, too was locked and deleted. 

Very strange indeed, but if the moderator is in fact a deity, I must not question this.  After all, without that site, Hasbro's hindquarters would not be soft and smooth from all the kissing done there.

Dear Hasbro,

How comfortable is it up Wal-Mart's butt, surely there's not a lot of room with Mattel and the RIAA being lodged up there as well.

Thank you for your time, watch out for the corn...

Mr. Horn, you apparently have not been paying attention in this thread, as we have moved our operations out of the colorectal cavity of Mr. Walton's enterprise into the colorectal cavity of Target Stores, Inc.  To commemorate this proctological relocation, Target will be offering an exclusive Prolapsed Rectum Clone Trooper this fall at Target stores everywhere.

In retrospect, however, the time we spent in the Wal-Mart ass was quite enjoyable, despite the presence of the RIAA and Mattel.  People online make constant claims about how Wal-Mart is the biggest ******* corporation in the world, and I can confirm that it is quite the roomy orifice.

So Hasbro, in 10 years of modern Star Wars you've only really put a lot of effort into the line in the last 3 years or so. How does it feel to have basically wasted 66.6% or so of the time you've had with inferior quality on the shelves? Do you (likely) consider ROTS the weakest line you've ever done while Saga was clearly your best work? Or was the original 1995 group of figures your peak and it's been all downhill to you guys since then?

Mr. James, we do not believe this to be the case at all.  Outside of the early parts of the ROTS line this year, we feel that we have put as little effort into the past three years as we did in the previous seven, if not less.  Do you forget the fact that only 7 of the 38 figures offered in the Original Trilogy Collection last summer and fall were new?  Or the fact that the last 12 figures and every figure included with a Battle Pack is a repaint or a kitbash, as collectors call them (we call them "Happy Fun Figures" as we're happy to not have to do too much, and it's a lot of fun to screw with collectors)? 

If I had to pick a favorite time, however, it would be the Original Trilogy Collection.  We told everyone that we were caught by surprise with DVD announcement, but in actuality, the Bespin and Dagobah waves were already planned for 2005 and would have immediately followed the Endor Generals wave.  When it became clear that we could get a lot of stuff out without any effort, we had to do it.  I mean, just look at those figures: we didn't have to do a thing to them in most cases, and the only reason some of them were repainted was because Roy won an office bet and we pacified him by letting him repaint those figures. 

The biggest effort we put into those figures were having our Photoshop guy do the card backgrounds, and we racked up on them.  And people still bought them.  So, when you have a line that we did very little work on making a pile of money, that is the perfect line for us. 

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2005, 01:37 PM »
How can Hasbro justify a $40-$50 AT-AT Walker for the WOTC roleplaying game after Action Fleet was killed? And when can we see holographic figures of ewoks to commemorate those killed in ROTJ?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Hey Hasblow- I wanna another 2 pack..this one is called "whining baby Han solo with chebacca diaper- changing- action. 20,000 of my friends want it too..........
You gonna make it for us? ::) :-*