Author Topic: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro  (Read 28936 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: I will answer your question as a representative of Hasbro
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Crack Smoking Monkey, why the irrational loathing for Expanded Universe figures?
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Afer finally purcahsing you're commander Gree figure, I have a question:

How is it you ****** up his paint job so bad It doesn't even look like him, this would have been understandable if it had come out on April 2nd, but at least 1 person at your company has to have seen the movie by now....
"This is the way."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2005, 04:27 PM »
What steps is Hasblo taking to take the figures out of the scalpers hands and into the childrens and/or collectors hands?

We are working hard to figure out alternative means of distribution so people who want our toys can get to them.  We consider our retail site Hasbro Toy Shop to be a huge success, and we would suggest checking there as we update regularly.  In addition, we are going to be offering individual accounts with Hasbro to people who are considered "Gold Star" sellers on Ebay.  This way, they can buy as many Shocktroopers as they want, and pass the savings along to you, the consumer.  We believe that the majority of people on Ebay are good at heart and would never take advantage of anyone.

Since it seems that my prayer's have been answered with the announcement of my "holy grail" figure - Monket-faced Leia in Clone Trooper armor, can we just confirm that the rumored $29.99 MSRP still stands? If this is the case, I would like to commend hasbro on their efforts to maintain low price-points in the face of the staggering price of raw materials and extra tooling needed to make this figure. I think it is a safe assumption that the pricepoint will barely enable hasbro to break even. Thanks again!

Thank you for the support, sir.  Our primary goal at Hasbro is to keep our customers happy through keeping prices low and volume high, but unfortunately, our costs have increased due to the rising gas prices.  In addition, Target has assured us that the collectors will pay higher prices for exclusive items, so we have authorized them to raise the MSRP for the Monket Clone Leia to 39.99.  To offset this price, and to offer the collectors something extra, we will be including a limited edition trading card with the action figure. 

Target is a fine retailer and they told me to personally pass along the message that as long as the sheep (I guess this is an affectionate term they have applied to the Star Wars fans they love so much) keep buying these figures, they will keep requesting we make more.  So pat yourselves on the back, fans!

What are the chances of seing a rerelease of the VOTC Stormtrooper in 2006?

We are aware of the huge demand for Stormtroopers but the VOTC will not be reissued ever because we want them to maintain their special status among collectors.  But, since there is a huge demand for these, we have agreed to partner with Entertainment Earth to offer an exclusive set of 5 VOTC Stormtroopers, either with or without battle damage, for the low low price of 79.95!  Also included with this will be a trading card featuring Jango Fett, because we know how hot trading cards are these days!

Several people have asked me through telepathy when the next Fan's Choice poll is going to be.  We have decided that we will no longer do Fan's Choice polls due to the questionable nature of the voting process.  Instead, we have asked each retailer to come up with a figure that they think would sell well to the Star Wars collectors.  In the days to come, I will reveal who these figures will be, and where you can obtain them.  Live long and prosper!

Crack Smoking Monkey, why the irrational loathing for Expanded Universe figures?

We do not loathe the Expanded Universe at all.  We have offered many awesome EU figures and vehicles over the years, such as the awesome Battlefront Scout Trooper and the equally awesome Jedi vs. Sith Battle Pack.  I have been told that there is a great demand for some Quinten Vost character, but I have no idea who that is.  Was he the one with the flamethrower?

You will be happy to hear that we will be including one of the most requested (and one of our favorite characters) EU characters in the regular action figure line in the near future:  Ken Palpatine!  Other possiblities include Hoojibs; make your voices heard by emailing us at wedontgiveashitabouteu@hasbro-toys.com

Afer finally purcahsing you're commander Gree figure, I have a question:

How is it you ****** up his paint job so bad It doesn't even look like him, this would have been understandable if it had come out on April 2nd, but at least 1 person at your company has to have seen the movie by now....

As yet, I have not seen ROTS, so I cannot comment on this directly.  I have asked around and it seems that Roy, our legally blind janitor, did see the film, and since he enjoyed it so much, we figured we would throw him a bone and let him paint a figure.  He chose to do this Gree fellow and we think he did an outstanding job.  Far better than Eugene from accounting, who paints with his toes.  And by that I mean he actually paints with his toes; no brushes involved whatsoever.

But we are pleased that you like the Commander Gree figure so much!  Positive feedback is important to us, which is why we tend to minimize the negative feedback. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2005, 04:53 PM »
What the hell were you thinking when you made up the Red Holiday Vader? Why not make it a Mcquarrie style figure? And what will be the new holographic figures coming out?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2005, 05:51 PM »
I suppose my question would be - why havent anymore ewoks been made?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005, 07:00 PM »
What the hell were you thinking when you made up the Red Holiday Vader? Why not make it a Mcquarrie style figure?

Due to the massive popularity of the Lava Reflection Darth Vader released in the spring, we wanted to give fans another chance at getting a red Darth Vader.  In addition, if we were to do the actual holiday-styled Darth Vader, it would require us to do more than ten minutes' work on a figure, and in this day and age, it simply can't be done.  We live a life of leisure here in the Ivory Tower, and we'd much rather put out what others consider a subpar product and blame retail for its failure than accept any responsibility for the quality of the product itself.  But as you know, Hasbro is never at fault or wrong about anything, so as to what we were thinking, it was all StarWarsShop.com's idea.  Blame them; we certainly will.

And what will be the new holographic figures coming out?

We have had such a tremendous response to the holographic figures that we will be releasing almost 10 next year.  Since the vast majority of us here have yet to actually see more than one of the Star Wars films (did you see the one where Ripley was bald?  I thought it was awesome!), we just took a look at a list of characters we've done over the years and randomly picked out ones to rerelease as holograms.  And since you've been such a great bunch, here's the complete list of hologram figures for next year!

1.  Holographic Neimoidian Warrior
2.  Holographic Clone Trooper
3.  Holographic Sebulba
4.  Holographic Snaggletooth
5.  Holographic General Madine
6.  Holographic Neimoidian Commander
7.  Holographic Mon Mothma
8.  Holographic A-Wing Pilot
9.  Holographic Jawa
10.  Holographic Tusken Raider

We think that you'll all be thrilled with those choices!

I suppose my question would be - why havent anymore ewoks been made?

We are aware that there is a great demand for Ewok figures, but we have no plans to release more at this time.  We do plan to reissue the Wicket figure from 1998 on three more occasions next year, and you can look forward to the aforementioned Forest Reflection Ewok figures based on the vintage cartoon series next spring at a Target near you!

BREAKING NEWS!: Due to your post, Angry Ewok, we here in the Ivory Tower have reconsidered, and we have partnered with Entertainment Earth to offer 4 exclusive Ewok 2-packs in the next year.  All eight vintage Ewoks are being resculpted and brought up to the high exacting standards of today's figures, and will be available starting in February.  Due to the increased cost of production and shipping, the prices for each two pack will be $147.12, plus about 60 dollars for shipping.  Hope you enjoy them!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Dear CSM, why do you people hate Colman so?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2005, 07:48 PM »
Dear CSM, why do you people hate Colman so?

Mr. Colman has seemingly made it his mission to harass us at every convention stop we make.  He, without fail, aims to discredit our genius and question what he sees as our obvious failings on both the macro- and micromanagement levels.  When we make what he terms a "mistake", he relentlessly pursues us and uses "facts" to expose our alleged hypocrisy.  He turns what is supposed to be a giant circle jerk into an actual Q&A, ruining the precedings for the sites that shill for us, and thus making it necessary for us to have to actually associate with the plebians.  He makes it difficult for us to maintain our disconnectedness from the collecting community and he tries to erode the ass-kissing we expect from all of our lackey sites online. 

Due to these issues, we have no plans to stop hating Mr. Colman at this time. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2005, 09:11 PM »
Why haven't you idiots made a nice Death Star Playset for the modern line?  You know what the Death Star is right?  The space station that is as big as the moon and might as well be called a cash cow if you ever pulled your heads out of your asses and made one allready. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2005, 09:19 PM »
Which is the better Metallica album, Master of Puppets or Kill em All?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2005, 09:39 PM »
Why haven't you idiots made a nice Death Star Playset for the modern line? You know what the Death Star is right? The space station that is as big as the moon and might as well be called a cash cow if you ever pulled your heads out of your asses and made one allready.

Thank you for the compliment!  A few years ago we made the Death Star Detention Block Rescue and Chasm playsets, and those did not do well at all with retail.  Because of the obvious lack of support for a Death Star playset, we have been careful about doing another one, since the original sets' failures in 1996 were due to retail, and not because of us making a subpar and overpriced product (something we never do). 

Many people say to me, CSM, why don't you make another Death Star playset?  To them, I say blame retail.  Retail is the only thing that matters to us, really, because that's where we see the money.  10,000,000 collectors will say, "Oh, I want a Death Star playset" but because of our outdated mode of distribution, retail would have to buy it from us before you could buy it from them.  Sure, we could sell it on Hasbro Toy Shop directly to you, but did you know that they have to order from Hasbro warehouses too, and they are only just barely a part of the company whose name they bear?*  We actually have a complete modular Death Star playset series designed, in finished painted prototype form, but retail doesn't seem to want it.

Just last week a representative from Toys R Us was here and saw the toy.  He said, "CSM, is that the Death Star?"  I told him I had no idea what he was talking about and that he must have been hallucinating.  As you know, we're very careful about what we reveal to the public, as toys are serious business.  If someone knew we had a Death Star playset ready to go, they'd want it! 

I have already said too much, so I will say this much more:  We are aware of the demand for a Death Star playset and we would love to make one but we would need to find a retail partner who would be willing to order enough to cover the cost of production and development.

Oh, and I said nothing at all about a prototype actually existing.  You all hallucinated it.  It's retail's fault you saw that blatant lie.  Move along.

Which is the better Metallica album, Master of Puppets or Kill em All?

We are aware there is a great demand for Metallica to return to the sound they used on these two albums in particular, and the band assures us they are exploring ways to reincorporate these styles into their sound in the future.  Keep an eye on Hasbro.com for the latest updates that have nothing to do with Metallica!

DP's Reality Note: This bit regarding Hasbro Toy Shop having to order product from Hasbro warehouses is entirely and sadly true, apparently.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2005, 10:10 PM »
What is Hasbro's stance on Endothermic Nuclear De-Regulation?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Does Hasbro really hate LEGO's Star Wars sets because they think the minifigures are too close to action figures?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Precisely how many licks does it take to get to the tootsieroll center of a tootsie pop?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2005, 11:08 PM »
When are you rascals going to make a resculpt of R5-D4?  It should have been done at least 7 years ago.  Are you to busy playing with yourselves over there in Hasbro land?  That must be it.  It's the only explanation for your laziness.  You @$GG!!!