Author Topic: New JD Review: AT-RT Driver  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: AT-RT Driver
« on: September 29, 2005, 02:01 AM »

What can I say about this guy that's negative?  Not a whole hell of a lot really.

I like it when Hasbro really wow's me, especially when they're able to do it overall with a single line they put out.  ROTS really is that line to me, as it's been more solid in quality than any other individual line within the modern Star Wars brand.

The AT-RT Driver (Missle Firing Rifle) is just another notch on Hasbro's belt as far as what they dished out in quality this year.  The figure was wrongly labeled as the Turbo Tank Driver for a while, then changed to the AT-RT Driver for whatever reason.  Not sure if this was Hasbro's faux pau, or if this is what the Juggernaught crews wore on Kashyyyk as well as the walker drivers.

Either way though we get what ammounts to a near-super articulated Clone again, and that's nothing to turn your nose at.  Good articulation, great accessories, nice paint, great sculpt...  He's everything an army builder should be in my opinion.

Read the review to seemy opinions on this one overall...  Very little negative I could muster about him.  Just got two more for a nice 4-man team tonight.  Still on the prowl to expand that to a minimum of 12 I think (squad sized I figure).  And congrats to Hasbro for another quality figure.

As always give me your thoughts and feelings on this one too, and stay tuned for more reviews as my review feature, "The Good...  The Bad...  & The Ugly" dishes out all the dirt.  This one though is definitely part of "The Good" though. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: New JD Review: AT-RT Driver
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Another great review Jesse, shame they didn't make the hip joints a little better so he could ride the AT-RT easier.  If that had happened I don't think there would've been much for you to give a negative critique.

Any plans on reviewing the Evolutions Sets soon?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 05:45 PM »
Pimpin' review Jesse. I have yet to find this suckah' at retail.  :P

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 11:01 PM »
Only thing on the review  is to add is that Hasbro also did an outstanding job getting the distro out on this figure as he is included in almost every ROTS wave now. I know I am working up to 6 on this figure (have 4 and need 2 more).

Again, excellent review.

"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 12:43 AM »
Thanks guys, and Evo's a distinct possibility.  We have some others on-tap right now, but I have the evolutions sets and we're just working through things as I get them done right now so keep your eyes peeled for those.   

I agree that this is the figure that SHOULD have utilized the ball/socket hip like the TE Gunner has.  It's a major shame it didn't, but if you're careful I think getting him to ride the RT isn't too hard.  I have two AT-RT's and one with the driver figure on it now...  The other I just left its lame-ass pack-in on it.

I wish the pack-ins were better in general, but whatcha gonna do, ya know?   :-\

I like thinking of the RT Drivers as their own little clique of Clones, and not necessarilly being stuck on the RT mount, so I've got a nice squad on foot too.  They're great figures and I just need about 8 more to be "done" with these I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77