Author Topic: Cantina Wave 2 Sets a No Go (For now)  (Read 49294 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Cantina Wave 2 Sets a No Go
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2003, 04:31 PM »
Kitik came yesterday and she is oh so sweet!   I am going to wait on opening her for a while because the package seems to be some sort of prototype since there is a sticker on the front instead of a card.

The figure looks very, very nice and it is a shame these may never see a release >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Cantina Wave 2 Sets a No Go
« Reply #46 on: September 2, 2003, 10:33 AM »
There is a set of three up on eBay right now.  Rumors right now say these may not see the light of day until 2005.  I am glad I got Kitik when I did!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3144095187

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Cantina Wave 2 Sets a No Go (For now)
« Reply #47 on: September 2, 2003, 05:01 PM »
I can wait till 2005 (Though I'd love em sooner) for these, I think they're very great looking figures.  All 3 are vast improvements (Or completely new) so these are definitely gonna sell when they get released.

From what I hear about how far along they got it'd be highly unlikely that they dont' see production someday so the higher prices on Ebay are enough of a deterant for me to wait it out...  I'm gonna hold off, but I really want a Zorak figure like NOW!

Evazan and Wuher would be nice too though because they're really spiffy looking compared to their previous figures.  Good retooling too if you ask me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 3, 2003, 12:05 PM »
Okay, I'm probably showing my ignorance here (and I haven't watched ANH closely in forever), but in the cantina, does the bar have barstools?  I don't ever remember seeing barstools.   Just curious, since as much as I like the Cantina Wave sets, it just doesn't seem movie accurate to me.... not that Hasbro really worries about that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: September 3, 2003, 04:34 PM »
Nope, the ANH Cantina had no barstools.  Ironically, the cantina in the Holiday Special DID though.  Go figure...  The stools can be removed if you don't mind a little work.  Or you can reverse the bar and the stools would be on the inside of the bar instead of the outside, but then in Wuher's way I guess.

Popping them off doesn't take much effort though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Kitik Keedkak and pals
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2003, 11:34 AM »
I am sure there is a thread on this someplace.  I am too lazy to look it up right now.  Ummm, forgive me if there was ever an answer to this question.  Is Kitik coming in 2004 as cantina scene or is this entire wave on hold still?  I can't remember the answer.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Kitik Keedkak and pals
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2003, 11:52 AM »
On hold indefinitely...until Wal MArt or KB decides to take the bait they sit.  The big unknown is how many actual sets were made of these figures. Some were and the rumor is that they are sitting in a wearhouse  in Asia.

I do have a set which i paid $35 plus shipping for and I sure am happy I did :-*

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2003, 01:40 PM »
how do some people get these if they arent released yet?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2003, 02:06 PM »
Thanks OCB.  I thought it was something like that but then rumors start flying and could not keep it straight.  I even was going to preorder from Brian's Toys but then thought better of it.  Hopefully someone will bite on them or the Fan Club even.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2003, 02:09 PM »
but how do asian ebayers get them?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2003, 02:45 PM »
Connections at the workshops or the wearhouse they were stored at...in most cases though it is through the Hasbro (and the place it contracts with) toy workshops

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2003, 07:31 PM »
I want these figures to come out too and I, too am also wondering when they are going to hit.  Hopefully in 04, maybe part of a TRU Cantina 4 pack.  

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2003, 11:59 PM »
I want Kitik pretty darn bad... I guess that the bidding wars with the Wookie are about to begin!

You know the first wave wouldn't have done so poorly if they had instead used all new characters...

:P

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2003, 11:30 PM »
I want Kitik pretty darn bad... I guess that the bidding wars with the Wookie are about to begin!

You know the first wave wouldn't have done so poorly if they had instead used all new characters...

:P

my thoughts exactly.  But hey I bought a set of the first wave.  I think they just made too many of them.