Author Topic: Anyone know the Walmart DCPI #'s  (Read 2370 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Anyone know the Walmart DCPI #'s
« on: October 7, 2005, 10:08 AM »
I am not sure if they are called DCPI numbers for Walmart as well, but you get the idea. I am looking for the Baby Luke and Leia numbers. I met some guy who works there who said they dont have any in stock, but with the number he could tell me when.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Anyone know the Walmart DCPI #'s
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2005, 10:43 AM »
I don't think Wal-Mart has special numbers like Target does, they usually track things by UPC.  So, in order to have them look something up (which they hate doing, even at Guest Services) you need to give them the full UPC number. 

I don't think anyone has the UPC numbers for those Figure w/Baby exclusives yet because no packaged samples have shown up.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I have someone who is willing to check, so if you happen to come across the info before me please let me know.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 7, 2005, 11:43 AM »
I don't think Wal-Mart has special numbers like Target does, they usually track things by UPC. So, in order to have them look something up (which they hate doing, even at Guest Services) you need to give them the full UPC number. 

I can confirm this.  Wal-Mart tracks all items by UPC code; in the case of Star Wars figures, each figure has its own individual listing by UPC (which is why receipts often say the name of the figure or, in some cases, names of early versions of that figure), but all ordering is done based on the collective UPC for that assortment.  In the case of the Twins, if you had the UPC for each individual figure, you could look them up, or you could find the assortment UPC number, give that to a WM employee (good luck finding one to help you), and they could see whether or not the assortment was available and when it would ship. 

This is also why you never see Wal-Mart clearance out one figure of an assortment if there are gobs of it.  The only time WM cares about stock is when they have to reorder it, which is done by the Assortment UPC.  There could be tons of Neimoidian Warriors hanging around, but if WM were to clearance them, they would have to clearance the ENTIRE basic figure line, as they come under a uniform Asst. UPC.

I don't think anyone has the UPC numbers for those Figure w/Baby exclusives yet because no packaged samples have shown up. :-\

I haven't even seen a loose Bail/Leia set, myself.  Even the Obi-Wan/Luke set from a few weeks back didn't look finished (Luke was unpainted).  I'm curious as to whether or not these will hit in time for the DVD release, or if this is going to be a Christmas item coming out post-Thanksgiving.