Author Topic: Wal-Mart Separation of the Twins Figures  (Read 78018 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Separation of the Twins Figures
« Reply #135 on: November 1, 2005, 11:42 AM »
The only exclusive I can remember that was tough there was the "masters of the dark side 3 3/4" 2 pack". I was lucky to get that- there was only one case delivered-and I got the best one out of a half smashed case, beyond that the 300th boba was difficult-though I got a couple. Lately though Anton is right they've been easier to get stuff here.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 1, 2005, 09:15 PM »
That piece was a pain in the ass but now it can be had for nothing on ebay.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 2, 2005, 09:34 AM »
I think these will be pretty easy to find/grab. The Target exclusives have been a cake-walk this time around. The local Target near me had a NEW case-worth of Lava Duel figures and two cases of the Attack on Coruscant battlepacks this morning (not to mention the Utapau Shadow Troopers I scored)...

The WalMarts near me had a SEA of the DVD 3-packs yesterday morning. I had already scored them early, so it wasn't that great of a find, but it was nice to see that they got plenty of them in - and one of those sets was clones so that was the real money set. The other two sets will probably hang around for a while yet.

These two figures w/the twins (a) aren't army builders and (b) aren't exactly screaming to kids "BUY ME!!!" - so as collectors I envision these figures as easy to get as the Lava Duel Anakin and Obi-Wan have been.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 2, 2005, 10:07 AM »
You found the Shadow Trooper already?

Nice find!  Any extras?   ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 2, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Unfortunately no - all of the extras I grabbed are marked for some of my local collector friends here in NJ. I will keep looking though and if I find some, I'll keep you in mind Travis.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 5, 2005, 04:41 PM »
A question: Does Bail include his Alderranien Rifle?

SilverZ

« Reply #141 on: November 5, 2005, 05:43 PM »
He only comes with the pistol, which is packed in the holster of the figure, not the tray.

I'm really disappointed with these sets, even if I wasn't expecting anything other than repacks with a baby as an accessory, but for some reason, once you get over have an odd sort of new version of Luke and Leia, you're left feeling empty.

The sets are like the Chinese food of exclusives. :)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 6, 2005, 08:30 AM »
I suspect these will be rather easy to find unless they made an unusually small amount of them.  Any solid word on when we should see them in the store?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #143 on: November 6, 2005, 11:13 AM »
Since the DVD 3-packs are warming everything from shelves to floors, I'm sure so will these.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2005, 10:54 AM »
Have these hit anywhere yet?  Or are they suppose to show up after Black Friday.  I havent heard nothing in some time.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Have these hit anywhere yet?  Or are they suppose to show up after Black Friday.  I havent heard nothing in some time.

I don't think there have been any confirmed USA finds yet.  The only people I know who have them ordered from over-seas e-tailers or other imported sources.

I think we are all still working on the assumption that these are expected next week for the big shopping season.... sometime between now and Christmas is all we know for sure.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2005, 10:56 PM »
I really hope they aren't holding these for Black Friday. I think if they were, though, they'd have been leaked already.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2005, 12:49 PM »
I really hope they aren't holding these for Black Friday. I think if they were, though, they'd have been leaked already.

Don't worry, you're absolutely right about them being leaked if they were supposed to be on hold. If somehow they were able to successfully prevent any from being leaked, I would faint.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2005, 10:32 PM »
I found these tonight at my WM, so be on the lookout.  $4.77.  Yep.  Bought me two sets (one to open).   :)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2005, 12:15 AM »
Spuffy, what state are you in if I can ask? Also, were there a lot of these, or just a few? Thanks!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3