Author Topic: Wal-Mart Separation of the Twins Figures  (Read 78034 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Separation of the Twins Figures
« Reply #195 on: December 6, 2005, 03:35 PM »
After picking up the Clone Wars DVD sets today, these are all I'm looking for until The Saga Collection as well.  I'm really looking forward to them, and was hoping to have found them by now.  Hopefully they won't be hard to come by.  I started getting hopeful today when I found some "different" figures on the pegs (aside from the normal Neimodians, Polis, and Mas).  When picking up the CW sets (and DVDs), I checked the basic figure aisle and they now had 3-4 each of Tarkin, C-3PO, and Aayla Secura (normal version).  I don't know that there was anything else new there though, so I'm not sure if these were leftovers or some other case assortment.  I didn't see any of the other figures people have mentioned shipping along with the "twins" sets.  Hopefully they will show up soon, it would be nice to catch up before more new stuff starts coming out.  I guess if nothing else, I'm pretty well done with anything on the ROTS cards...ready for the new card style :P.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: December 6, 2005, 08:39 PM »
These are weird in Pittsburgh.  They've seemingly come and gone so I'm wondering if a 2nd shipment is likely or not?  I'm getting a set for X-Mas I am told, but it was the last set left at a WM in the boonies so it's a little disconcerting to know that I've seen evidence of them being around at WM stores but never seen a set around, and I know a lot of guys still need them in my area.

These are weird...  WM's a real hit or miss place for exclusives.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 7, 2005, 02:25 PM »
I found these packed in long black display boxes with royal guards, tarkis, 3P0, and dooku.  Some of the guards were red, but most were blue.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Does anyone have any idea how long these will be shipping?  They haven't shown up at any of the Wal-marts around here, and I'm wondering if I should start getting concerned or not.  I figured I had time, but I didn't know if it was a "miss 'em and they're gone" type of exclusive.  I'm hoping they are still on the way, otherwise I'll have to look for help/online.  Has everyone here already found these, or are they still in the pike?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2005, 06:28 PM »
Does anyone have any idea how long these will be shipping?  They haven't shown up at any of the Wal-marts around here, and I'm wondering if I should start getting concerned or not.  I figured I had time, but I didn't know if it was a "miss 'em and they're gone" type of exclusive.  I'm hoping they are still on the way, otherwise I'll have to look for help/online.  Has everyone here already found these, or are they still in the pike?

I have a pretty lame WM and they have shown up 3 seperate times.  Tonight there were three sets.  Wish I would of known I could of snagged you a set.  :-\   

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Thanks for the offer Jim, I appreciate it.  I was fortunate enough to find some on the pegs this morning while picking up a few groceries before work.  They had several on the pegs, and I was able to pick up another Red Royal Guard too (which is now the first time I've seen one on pegs this year).  I think I am pretty much done with the ROTS line now, which is a good feeling.  I'd pick up more Tactical Ops troopes or the Wookiee gunner if I see them at retail, but if not, that's ok too.  Looking towards the Saga Collection now.  I really like this new card style, looks good and a nice change up from what we've been seeing this year so far.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2005, 04:45 AM »
Hopefully the Twins are still shipping indeed...  I know many around here haven't gotten sets yet.  They were OUTRAGEOUS at the Toy Show a couple weekends ago here.  They seemed to really come and go.  Fortunately my vigilant mother spotted the LAST set at the WM nearest to me while she had the cats to the vet.  It's good getting SW for X-Mas. :)

I hope for my local buddy's sakes that they are shipping again (and perhaps again) because man I don't know too many who got a set at this point.  I know if I see them I'm gonna try getting an extra set just so I'm sure someone I know who needs it gets it... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2005, 09:35 AM »
I still don't have any of these yet...  :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2006, 01:48 AM »
So, I take it these aren't reshipping?

Nuts. I wanted two sets. All I ever got was one Obi-Wan w/ Luke.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2006, 02:18 AM »
Oddly, these got blown out at my local WM's this year when Saga was out...  All of a sudden a bunch of ROTS showed at most every WM in the area, and along with them were Sep. Twins sets for $3 along the ROTS figures...  They were there in some abundance then gone.

Very weird... 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2006, 02:31 AM »
I saw these once when I got my set. I wish I would of gotten an opener set now. Oh well hindsight isnt always 20/20
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2006, 03:37 AM »
I saw these once when I got my set. I wish I would of gotten an opener set now. Oh well hindsight isnt always 20/20

I only saw them once myself. And all they had were the two I bought. Damn glad I got 'em.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2006, 09:37 AM »
I missed out on these.  That is what you get when you work in Antarctica, oh well.  Sadly I thought I will miss out the Carkoon wave but they are still around. geezzz.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2006, 05:47 PM »
I only saw 2 sets once at Walmart, these were really in and out. So do not feel bad you missed them.
That would have been a great greatest hits repack.

I have seen these on ebay go as low as 22 with shipping included. I was just at a Toy show last weekend. One dealer was charging 12 each which was not bad at all. Keep your eyes peeled.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2006, 03:23 PM »
I was just thinking about this pair the other day, and how rare did they end up being?  Around here, I saw them once - early in the morning while stopping at WM for some groceries, and picked up both.  I never saw them again, there or at any other WM.  Maybe it was just our area, but they didn't seem real plentiful to me.