Author Topic: Wal-Mart Separation of the Twins Figures  (Read 78031 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Wal-Mart Separation of the Twins Figures
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2006, 03:44 PM »
I'd have to say that they ended up in the "rare" column - not impossible to find mind you, but not pegwarmers either.  Personally, I never saw them at the Wal-Mart near me (had to get some help from another MN collector and Secret Santa).

A quick check shows that they are selling for $15-20 each on eBay (carded).  That's a lot higher than almost all the rest of the other 2005 figures are going for and a pretty good sign that they weren't really that easy to find for most folks.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2006, 04:03 PM »
I never saw them at all.  I refuse to pay 15 to 20 for a tiny piece of plastic that is supposed to be Luke or Leia.  I already have multiple or Obi-Wan and Bail for customs and display.  Knowing Hasbro, I'll pick the babies up in some future assortment. ;D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2006, 05:43 PM »
I saw about 3 or 4 of each figure at one of the two WM's I frequent. From what I hear/heard, I think that stores got one or two cases and just never ordered any more. Either that or Hasbro didn't produce that much.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2006, 06:21 PM »
I too saw them once; and only one of each. I feel pretty lucky to have grabbed them. And I was considering putting Luke back and looking for another, because he had a smudge on his face... Thank God I didn't; the smudge came right off with a Q-Tip.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2006, 01:42 AM »
See, now this is one time that regional distribution f-ups worked out in PIttsburgh's favor, and other areas actually were SOL for once.

In the area here, I'd say I saw them a number of times full price at various WM stores, however a short time later on (when ROTS was seeing clearances at WM stores) I saw a large number of Sep. Twins sets for a mere $3 each...  I kid you not.  They were quite abundant here and for half price to boot, so I don't personally clump them into the rare column...

It seemed like the East Coast lucked out on something for once while other areas didn't do as hot with them.  Very weird...

It goes to show why I hate WM and exclusives though.  To me they're no better than Target for reliability.  TRU's been the only store you could really count on to get stuff in and keep it in.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2006, 01:39 PM »
See, now this is one time that regional distribution f-ups worked out in PIttsburgh's favor, and other areas actually were SOL for once.

Well, maybe your half of the city lucked out, Jesse. I never saw them at all in stores.  :)
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2006, 05:06 PM »
Yours did too DN, as I know a lot of the guys from West Mifflin/C3, Robinson, and out 60 and stuff found them...  So did the N. HIlls guys...  IT wasn't just an eastern half thing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2006, 02:49 PM »
Yours did too DN, as I know a lot of the guys from West Mifflin/C3, Robinson, and out 60 and stuff found them... So did the N. HIlls guys... IT wasn't just an eastern half thing.
Well, that's interesting...I never saw them...but, then again, I never really looked for them and towards the end of the year my Wal Mart completely stopped getting new figs in...it still hasn't recovered.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2006, 02:43 AM »
I actually saw few for full price...  A lot of our stores seemed to get these in bulk it seemed AFTER ROTS figures went onto clearance for the Saga line to take over...  I was surprised how many of these were around at all the WM's though.  I now wish I'd bought more sets for people who missed out...  I covered probably 5 friends on sets of these and got an improved card quality set for me to keep carded at the time.  Robinson's were there but they also probably went faster than other areas too...  Everything out there does for whatever number of reasons.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2006, 11:34 AM »
Well, the Robinson WalMart is completely useless when it comes to Saga stuff. The most places I've had luck at (which isn't many, I still haven't seen remnants of the Coruscant wave) is at Target, TRU, and my local KMart.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2006, 02:09 AM »
Robinson in general has always sort of been a wasteland for collectors...  I know a couple guys out that way who live literally 5 or 10 minutes from allt he stores there and they say what a picked over area it is.  I've always figured it's a busy area #1 so there's competition increases anyway, but I've heard scalpers frequent the area too and are somewhat known... 

I personally hit the Greensburg, Monroeville, N. Hills (McKnightmare Road), and Cranberry areas...  I also am often at the Wal-Mart (and soon to be Target) on Route 8 as well as the new WM at the Pitt Mills Mall off Route 28...  My gf lives literally 3 minutes (we timed a drive once) from that WM so I'm there a lot just because we always need stuff and forget things routinely.

Where I live's pretty desolate (Leechburg...  I'm on the fringe of Armstrong County where all the major flooding's been going on this week), so I obviously don't get out to Robinson ever... 

I will say Nirvana that a lot of guys have BETTER luck going up 60 to that Beaver Mall area and whatever stores are over there.   I think there's a WM and it's not too far.  You may find better luck with that.

C3 is so-so too.  The one guy that basically runs the PItt site lives out in that area...  He doesn't seem to hunt a lot for himself but I hear it has stuff a bit.

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 4, 2006, 03:57 AM »
Being a UK based collector I got mine from R2Dtoys.  Can't recall how much I paid for them but us Brits are used to paying more for pretty much everything!!

Offline darksiderecruiter

• Youngling
  • i am looking for a few bad jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2006, 05:25 PM »
hmm. i think these figures were a waste of time.........
i will help you to use your power

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2006, 02:15 PM »
I would have been more excited for these had they been Beru with Luke and the Queen with Leia. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2006, 04:12 AM »
More or less they were a waste of time...  You were re-buying stuff you likely already had to get, in all truth, an accessory.  Nothing much to gloat about other than at least the figures were good figures themselves for the most part...

What I find disappointing is that Obi-Wan is in tattered robes  and has his cloak with its hood up to deliver Luke to the Lars family...  I'd like the figure to represent that then of course if you gotta rebuy it and at least have a softgoods Cloak...

For Bail Organa though it's a whole other ball of wax.  he was in a completely different (almost military) uniform when he brought Leia home to his wife...  I'd like that figure personally since that's what we saw.

It's cool getting the twins and all but to be honest I found the Red Royal Guard repacked in with the twins figures to be of more interest to me.  :D