Author Topic: big kid weapons  (Read 10054 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
big kid weapons
« on: April 12, 2003, 01:06 AM »
Does anyone here collect the "big kid" weapons (for people and not actual figures)?  I don't have any at the moment.  I used to have Han Solo's blaster when I was a kid, but I can't find that damn thing anywhere.  Any collectors of the toy weapon line here?
dustrho

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: big kid weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 01:42 AM »
All I have is the ROTJ blaster rifle collector's case (loose and quite banged up). I would love to have a couple of those very first inflatable lightcabers!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 05:52 PM »
I had Hans blaster when I was a kid but its long gone so yea I am in the market now for another one.I'd also like to get a nice loose or boxed scout pistol as well.As it stands I dont have anything right now but I always keep a watch of whats on Ebay.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 12:38 AM »
I never had any weapons as a child. I would like to get a Han Blaster. Well it looks like I have to watch who's bidding. Don't want to bump up our bids do we.  ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 09:36 AM »
One of these days I'm going to try to get all the vintage guns, and then work my way on the lightsabers.  But that won't happen for a while now.
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 09:06 AM »
When I was a kid I had a lightsaber although I seem to recall it being plastic. I also had the blaster carrying case but both are gone now. As an adult collector I do not have any of the weapons as of yet.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 11:49 AM »
I used to have the Luke Jedi and Vader lightsaber with the sound effects.  I like the Master Replica stuff, but it's a bit out of my range.  Besides, I would be tempted to walk aroud with the saber hilt on my belt, but I would never meet any women. :o  :(    I made a saber out of various construction parts.  I'll post a pic, when I have time.  I do have a Dune Fremen tarpal gun, and a Dune Crysknife.  The gun is cheesy, but the knife rocks!!!  I would post a pic, but in the Fremen custom, if I were to you show my Crysknife, you would have to be Fremen, or I would have to kill you.   ;D ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 12:06 PM by dustrho »
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2003, 09:49 PM »
Yep, I collect the role play vintage items also.....

I have a Star Wars Han Solo Blaster, an inflatable lightsaber (no blade :( ) and also a Vader's "The Force" lightsaber.

The Force sabers are one of the best items ever made in my opinion.

What I'd kill to have is a 3 position laser rifle.......that's just a sweet piece!
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2003, 11:50 PM »
Last year I bought some stuff from a guy on ebay.He just happened to be here on LI.When I went to pick up the items,A forest ranger and some other minirigs he ended up giving me a stack of books and a death star which was almost complete with a box.He also gave me a hansolo blaster.All of the stuff was free except what I had won from him on ebay he just wanted it to go to a good home.None better than mine as far as I was concerned.He gave me some books and said I could list on ebay to recoup the cost of gas fro the drive up island,it was about 2 hours but it was worth it as I found some nw stuff in a target around the corner from his house so it worke dgood for me,but I digress when I told him I was going to be keeping it all he went into his room and came out with all that other stuff .Some people are just plain too good to be true.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 4, 2003, 11:54 AM »
Dude, you scored!!!!  The best thing I ever got were some X-Men comics that a dude ruined by dousing himself, in the same closet with gas, and chumping it!  My buddies all got some to.  they were actualy high $ issues, that were totally ruined.  Of course we kept them for the story, but we always refered to them as "dead man comics".  What a waste!!!
« Last Edit: June 4, 2003, 11:56 AM by Hung Solow »
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 4, 2003, 12:03 PM »
Crap, that was a deal........it's nice to find such friendly people like that
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2003, 12:05 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly as I had never met this individual before ,his name was rocco delgreco,yes really,I guess right place right time.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 2, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Older thread, but I was curious if anyone else is actively looking for the various weapons, or thinking about it in the future.  I really didn't have too much of these as a kid, but I did have (and still do) the Vader "Force" lightsaber and the Chewbacca bandolier...which I guess isn't so much a "weapon" as a carrying case.  I always thought those Force lightsabers were cool.  I had a friend who had all of them, but I just had the Vader one.  Always wanted a "Luke" saber as a kid though, and wouldn't mind getting one someday.  That and the Han Solo blaster, that's one I've always wanted and I'd like to eventually pick up.  Anyone else interested in this "role play" stuff?  Although they have nifty features with the new versions now, something is just special about the vintage items.  Probably all that nostalgia :P.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #13 on: December 2, 2005, 06:09 PM »
I had a Han blaster as a kid and have had thoughts about picking it up some day. I do have the Chewbacca bandolier MIB, it's an interesting little piece but I don't think I would have ever gotten it had I not paid $3 for it. The Force lightsabers were pretty cool back in the day, I don't see much of them ever offered up though. I really wonder if the "blades" have been able to last this long...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 10:01 AM »
I still aheva plastic utility belt that is black and has a silver SW logo on the buckle. It came with a grappling hook and a little light saber that was blue with a white blade. I don't have the accessories for it anymore, unfortunately.

I never had one of the guns, but I remember a friend of mine that had the Stormtrooper rifle. It had a yellow and black striped barber pole (best way I can describe it) in the barrel that rotated when you pulled the trigger. It sounded more like a power tool than a blaster, but it seems like all the sound effects that Kenner put into their toys did.  ;)