Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82405 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #150 on: February 5, 2008, 04:13 PM »
I just got an e-mail from Diamond Select and it appears that there are no Mail-In promotions for SG-1 Wave 4. >:( >:( >:(

That sucks because I am sitting on nearly 20 UPC codes from all 3 waves from toys that I have been hacking up for customs. I will sit on them in the hopes that they come up with a Mail-In option in the future, but I am not holding my breath.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #151 on: February 8, 2008, 03:33 PM »
I just got an e-mail from Diamond Select and it appears that there are no Mail-In promotions for SG-1 Wave 4. >:( >:( >:(

That's pretty disapointing. I was really hoping there would be one as I still have all my Series 3 UPCs. So many of these figures already share parts it's not like they'd really have to make anything new. They could easily do a blue base uniform O'Neill, Teal'c, Jonas, or Mitchel. I guess I'll just have to keep holding onto mine as well.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 8, 2008, 03:36 PM »

That's pretty disapointing. I was really hoping there would be one as I still have all my Series 3 UPCs. So many of these figures already share parts it's not like they'd really have to make anything new. They could easily do a blue base uniform O'Neill, Teal'c, Jonas, or Mitchel. I guess I'll just have to keep holding onto mine as well.

I think the thing that gets me is that the Mail-In is so sucessful that they could use it as a way to add more figures to the line such as more Serpent Gurards or Wraith figures to help people do some army building, special deco's of already produced figures, or for that matter a way of adding more bad guys (Genii, Goul'd system lords) to the collection.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2008, 10:55 PM »
I finally got pictures of all my completed custom toys that I have been working on. All of them are Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis figures. I still have a few that I am working on.

This first set of toys is a custom of the Daniel Jackson (middle figure) that comes in the Stargate Atlantis Series 1 toys as a chase case topper. Cameron Mitchel & Jonus Quinn still to come.

Left Figure - Head swap with a Col. Sheppard from Atlantis Series 1 toys.
Middle Figure - Actual figure.
Right Figure - Head swap with a FCBD Jack O'Neill figure.

This is a set of Camron Mithcel figures that I did.

Left Figure - Head swap with a Black Ops Daniel Jackson for SG-1 Wave 3.
Middle Figure - Actual figure.
Right Figure - Mitchel head on the FCBD Jack O'Neill body.

These are 2 different Col. Carters that I did.

Left Figure - Actual figure.
Right Figure - Put the head from the Replicator Carter on regular toy.

Three different figures...

Left Figure - Series 1 Daniel Jackson that I added a vest to.
Middle Figure - Series 1 Black Ops Jack O'Neill that I put a Daniel Jackson head on.
Right Figure - John Sheppard head from Atlantis Wave 1 on the FCBD Jack O'Neill Body.

These are the regular Teal'c figures from SG-1 Wave 2 for reference to all the customs made of him.

Simple swap of the head on all 3 figures.

Left Figure - Jaffa Teal'c w/Black Ops Teal'c head.
Middle Figure - Green outfit Teal'c with w/Black Ops Teal'c head.
Right Figure - Black Ops Teal'c w/bald head.

Mail-A-Way Elite guard that I swap heads on.

Left Figure - Head swap with a Black Ops Teal'c.
Right Figure - Head swap with bald Teal'c.

T-Shirt Teal'c Figures. Made by using the Black Ops Teal'c torso on the green outfit legs and one of each of the heads.

These are Teal'c figures base on a look that he had part way through one of the seasons where he had a goofy gold goatee. To make the goatee I took a Triple H figure from the WWE toys and cut his hair off and made small thin strips that I then glued on with some super glue.

Close up of the faces to see the goatees.

Custom Anubis figure. Added cloth face to the figure by gluing it in place. I then took the crystall skull accessory that came with the Black Ops Daniel Jackson and drilled a hole in the back. Glued an LED light into the skull and ran the wire down the back (not in the toy). Attached skull to neck and glued hood in place.

Picture is suppose to have glowing effect of skull being lit, but flash over powered glow effect.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:42 PM by knashdx »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Very nice Ryan. I LOVE that Anubis. I had planned on trying to fix that one up a bit myself. The cloth with the L.E.D. underneath really has a nice effect. The Teal'c figures all look great, nice work on that soul patch. I'm not really sold on Sheppard in the SG-1 digs but all the other other headswaps look great.

I just started on a tiered display for my figures today, hopefully I can finish it in the next few days here. :)
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2008, 09:24 AM »
BBTS has a pre-order for a Stargate Mirror.

For it's size it is rather expensive, but I think it will look great in my Movie/TV room in my basement.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Wow. $46.99? So much for getting two... :-X

I think I may have to bite on this one, even at the price. That Stargate looks like it is only one piece, I wonder if it comes with a special gate? I had always planned on trying to replicate this effect for myself at some point. I still have plans to complete the 3 3/4" scale SGC I started a few years ago at some point. Now that they actually make this piece I may end up accepting the fact that this gate is still and an inch to small in diameter, even at 1:18 scale.

Scratch that. I actually read the description a little closer. I didn't realize this was an actual mirror piece not made by DST, and not even designed for the gates they made. That may end up deterring me from buying this one. I guess if I do end up not collecting the new Clone Wars line at all I might be able to justify it...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 11:48 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2008, 02:49 PM »
I don't follow SG toys much, other than what Ryan shows me, but I saw these at CTR.com

More goodies....

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2008/DST/Stargate/default.asp

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:50 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2008, 10:42 AM »
I hadn't seen it in all it's glory but it is cool. It is a little too short for the toys, but that can be fixed with a little customizing here and there.

If you go to this link Cool Toys they show some pictures of toys in process...

Black outfit Sheppard
Dr. Keller ( I think)
Atlantis Carter

The funny thing is that they toys for Atlantis all come with ZPM's if only they were truely that previlant for them fto find.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:48 AM by knashdx »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2008, 01:28 PM »
Diamond Select is showing that Stargate SG-1 Wave 4 is suppose to come out on 3/5. I have talked to New Force who is really good about communicating when stuff is suppose to be coming and they haven't been billed for their toys yet. Which means that this is another wave that is getting moved around. It will probably be a year later than when they expected since it was suppose to be summer of last year for it's first release.

Other pictures of my customs...

Ryan worked on a few pieces for his Stargate collection.  Ryan, you'll have to explain who the characters are.  I'm not that familiar with the show.

The first 2 are of the Anubis. Much better than the pictures I was posting.

The 3rd pic is of Teal'c and how he looked in the world that Daniel Jackson went to when he traveled through the Quantum Mirror (There But The Grace of God (Part 1)). I still need to finish the hair by putting the ponytail holders on.

Trying to make the figure look like this...

And I am just about done with my Teal'c that will look similar to this...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Diamond Select has posted Stargate Atlantis Wave 3 figures....

DST Dials Up Stargate Atlantis Series 3!

The People’s Choice Award-winning Stargate Atlantis is approaching its fourth season finale just as DST is putting the finishing touches on the third assortment of action figures based on the sci-fi gem.  Not only will this series see the inclusion of all-new characters, but it will also include some familiar faces to Stargate SG-1 fans!

Due in stores this fall, the third series will feature Colonel Samantha Carter in her new Atlantis-style uniform, the fan-favorite Dr. Jennifer Keller played by Firefly’s and Serenity’s Jewel Staite and one of the muscle-bound Wraith Drones.  Also included in this assortment will be an all-new action figure of Lt Colonel John Sheppard sporting his all-black base attire – perfect for those top secret “black ops” missions.  Last but certainly not least, the no-nonsense former “runner” Ronon Dex will be released along with this series as a Previews exclusive available in comic book and specialty stores nationwide!

Our first series of Stargate Atlantis action figures was released earlier this year and will be followed by the second series featuring Dr. Rodney McKay, Teyla Emmagen and a Wraith Queen – due in stores on March 26th.  By combining the six different pieces included with these two waves, fans will be able to create their own figure-sized Atlantis-style Stargate – a bonus first used for our Stargate SG-1 action figure releases.

Stay tuned for more updates and images of this developing line as the Stargate Atlantis universe continues to expand!

I will get my ussually case (2 of everything), but I will definately be going to town on the Drones. I will probably get a case of just those guys. It doesn't say who the chase piece will be in the case...but I figure it to be the Shepard base on how they describe his figure.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 4, 2008, 12:41 PM »
Diamond Selects shipping site is showing that SG-1 Wave 4 (Desert Gear) & Previews Jonas Quinn are shipping this week. This wave is going to be nearly as expensive as Wave 2 was with all the Teal'c figures I picked up. I can only hope that there isn't an exclusive Case Topper with this wave like the Daniel.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #162 on: March 5, 2008, 05:22 PM »
Diamond Selects shipping site is showing that SG-1 Wave 4 (Desert Gear) & Previews Jonas Quinn are shipping this week. This wave is going to be nearly as expensive as Wave 2 was with all the Teal'c figures I picked up. I can only hope that there isn't an exclusive Case Topper with this wave like the Daniel.

Yup it looks like my order from New Force shipped out today. :)

Ryan, I so am going to steal your idea on Anubis... I've been wanting to do a customized version that was more accurate to the show for quite a while now. I knew I wanted to bulk up the robes and repaint them a bit so they looked more accurate but I wasn't quite sure what i was going to do with the head. Now I know. :)

I'm pretty happy with the Atlantis Series 3 choices. I'll admit I wasn't big on Ronan's character when he first joined the show. He was too much like Teal'c originally was but I felt he was really one dimensional. They have since found his place on the show. The moments he had with Keller when they were locked together were really great. They helped to add some more depth to the character.

I'm going to have try to grab a few of the Wraith drone, you can't just have one afterall. :)
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 6, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Ryan, I so am going to steal your idea on Anubis... I've been wanting to do a customized version that was more accurate to the show for quite a while now. I knew I wanted to bulk up the robes and repaint them a bit so they looked more accurate but I wasn't quite sure what i was going to do with the head. Now I know. :)

I have extra fabric that I used for it if you would like a chunk of it. I purchased an entire yard of it not knowing how bad I was going to screw it up. Luckily it only took me 2 tries. I was able to use the same fabric for the cloak for Teal'c. Just PM me your address and I will ship you out a 9" section.

I hope my 3 sets ship today. Next week the DVD Ark of Truth comes out. So finally the Ori story line will be finished. If you go to Diamond Select you can purchase additional ring transporter pieces. They are limiting the quantities to 5 per customer @ $4.00 a pop. Somehow I have to get 9 additional rings depending on what all comes with my Carters & Quinns.

1:11 PM CST - Just got notification from UPS that my stuff has shipped. Never mind that I still don't have an invoice e-mail from New Force of what all is in the shipment, but here's hoping that it is all 3 sets.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2008, 02:12 PM by knashdx »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 7, 2008, 05:10 PM »
My first shipment is suppose to be here by Tuesday. I should have my other package by the end of the week.

Now I have to debate if getting a 4 set is worth it. I know I need at lease 2 more Quinns, and I most likely need another Teal'c, but the other 3 I don't need, and wouldn't have a use for them other than to make some custom Atlantis figures with them. I just hate the idea of getting another Teal'c and having the extra pieces of the MALP sitting around. But I could use the O'Neill for Sheppart, and attempt to use Jackson for O'Neill and then I would just need to figure out what to do with Carter... >:(