Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82414 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2006, 07:33 AM »
Well BBTS indicates on their website that Sereies 2 ships in October. Well since we are over 1/2 thru the month and I haven't received any type of e-mails informing me that the series has come in or not I would suspect that it has been delayed. I did e-mail Diamond Select Customer Service last week and as of yet have yet to receive a response.

I am interested in picking up a Star Trek "Q" figure when it comes out next year. I am interested in finding a comprable body piece and then I can make a Colonel Frank Simmons piece as well.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2006, 05:08 PM »
I've heard late November for Series 2. I'd really like them sooner though.

As much as I hate Trek, I may have to pick up that Q figure for a custom as well. Somehow I doubt we will get Simmons, at least any time in the foreseable future.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 9, 2006, 02:03 PM »
I heard that Series 2 will ship the week of Thanksgiving. That means sometime the following week we can expect to see the stuff arrive.

I just cancelled my order on BBTS for them and ordered from AFX. AFX was/is selling a case that will contain 2 of each piece (including the 1 to a case Black Ops Teal'c & the DIAMOND exlcusive Serpent Guard Teal'c) with S&H for what my order was at BBTS without S&H. I am saving around $20-$30 with the switch. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: November 9, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Just a warning that apparently a case means something different to AFX. I think they unpack the case they get from DST, and repack (poorly, I might add) the figures themselves. How mcuh are you paying for a case at AFX?

I went through NewForce again, since they did finally come through for me, and I ordered the half case, which includes one of each figure, including both the exclusive Teal'c figures.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 9, 2006, 09:38 PM »
If AFX screws up the packaging I won't care. Stargate figures are an opener collection. It is the only way to keep my wife from killing me and hidding the body in Montana.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2006, 10:46 AM »
AFX has a PREORDER up for July 2007 of REPLI-CARTER!!!!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 5, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Diamond Select has an article that indicates that they are making Stargate Atlantis Toys FINALLY.

Here is the Story...

Stargate Atlantis Action Figures!

With the second series of Stargate SG-1 action figures shipping to stores, we’re pleased to officially announce the debut series of Stargate Atlantis action figures featuring Lt. Col. John Sheppard, Dr. Elizabeth Weir and a Wraith!  Just as with past releases, there will be bonus accessories - each figure in the first two assortments will include a piece of the Atlantis gate!

A somewhat reluctant addition to the Atlantis expedition, Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard has proven himself to be a resourceful and fiercely loyal member of their team.  His quick thinking and unconventional tactics are combined with uncanny instincts and an out-of-this-world sense of humor to create a leader prepared for any situation.  Not to be underestimated, Dr. Elizabeth Weir was selected to command the Atlantis team after her negotiation skills impressed the military brass.  Dedicated both to her mission and her crew, she has become a force to be reckoned with in the battle against the Wraith – a race of parasitic creatures who have preyed upon the Pegasus galaxy for millennia.  Despite the Wraith’s numerous attempts to destroy them, the Atlantis team has proven themselves as stubborn as the Ancients.

You can expect the same articulation featured in the upcoming figures, with incredible attention to detail thanks to the artists at Jean St Jean Studios.  The core assortment is scheduled to contain Lt. Colonel John Sheppard, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, a Wraith and the limited Field Ops Dr. Weir in addition to the Diamond Previews exclusive Field Ops Sheppard.  Images and final details will be revealed during the upcoming American International Toy Fair!

Figure List

Lt. Colonel John Sheppard
Dr. Elizabeth Weir
Wraith
Field Ops Elizabeth Weir
Previews Exclusive Field Ops John Sheppard

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 7, 2006, 01:21 PM »
New Force posted this, this morning on their website...

SG1 Series 2 update
December 7, 2006 | 10:12 AM | newforce1

Word from DST, is product is in transit to the US from HK, and has a ETA window of 12/13 to 1/7. This ETA is subject to change.

>:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ??? >:(
I am getting so tired of the delay in these sets. I have saved a couple of UPC codes from some of the Stargate figures that I am customizing and if I don't get series 2 by 12/31 I can forget sending the UPC codes in for another Elite Serpent Guard.

With this figure set getting nearly a 2 month delay we now can expect Series 3 to be close to 3 months late, and push Atlantis and REPLI-Carter's ETA back too.

I only ask Mother Nature not to drop a ton of snow in the next 3 weeks so that that all the toys that collectores are looking for and will be purchased this holiday season are delivered. So collectors don't want to do their best impression of Michael Douglas in Fallsing Down...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2006, 08:19 AM »
If anyone finds them I am looking for 4 more Black Ops Teal'c figures. This is so I can do some custom figures.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2006, 02:15 PM »
AFX has a preorder for an Ascended Daniel Jackson & Anubis 2-Pack @$22.99 (Retail price of $29.99). This set is slated for a release in August 2007.

Picture...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2006, 02:28 PM »
The Daniel looks pretty good. Something about the Anubis is just... well, off. I think he is too skinny. His robes always appeared to have more bulk. The more I look at it, I think it is a cobination of the hood being a bit too big and the robes too small. I'll still be picking this set up for sure though.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 8, 2007, 09:04 AM »
This delay on series 2 is becoming BULL ****!!! At the rate this series is coming out Season 10 will be done and we will be waiting for the movies.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 9, 2007, 07:28 AM »
Yippie skippie....Diamond Select is showing on their shipping list for the week that the Stargate Series 2 and Previews Teal'c in Jaffa gear are both shipping. That means in about 1-2 weeks I should have my toys.

If anyone comes accross Black Op's Teal'c figures I need 4 more of them for customizing.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2007, 01:21 AM »
It's about damn time. I have to say the break was kind of nice on the wallet but I really would have liked to see Series 2 back in November. Now I just have to hope New Force is quicker than last time or it could be another month or two for me...

Hopefully DST get's their act together and Series 3 is released on time.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2007, 06:57 AM »
Hopefully DST get's their act together and Series 3 is released on time.

If they are that series is slated for the end of next month.