Author Topic: Darth Vader's death  (Read 7400 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Vader's death
« Reply #15 on: December 8, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Thank you for your post , it helped me to remember some facts about Vader..things that I think killed him.

Way I look at it now(even though at the same time I agree with my script reasons for his death) was that Vader was already dead. The only thing keeping him alive was 2 things life support and Dark energy(hatred). Suppose the emperor designed his suit to be only functional from dark energy so that when/if Vader lost this he would die ending the emperor's threat from the chosen one to remove HIS power(bring balance). This is exactly what happened (only not in the order the emperor wanted)....when Vader let go of his hate(after killing the last thing he truly hated more than Obi Won) there was nothing left to fuel him= death was next.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 03:24 PM »
once again slothus very much possible.  if you look at the new star wars book about  locations and it goes into detail about that med facility that palpy fixes ani there's a lot of sith going on in there.  and going into the use of dark energy and all that is possible it might make it a little confusing or drawn out if it was in the movie.  while the emporer is a master manipulator and sees a lot into the future he is also very overconfident and arrogant.  i think that the emporer never saw it coming that vader would ever turn back to ani, he pretty much wrote off the whole Chosen One thing.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 10:05 AM »

I'm afraid if you put a "how" with it, you can get something as silly as Padme dieing of a broken heart.

something similar happened in my family during WWI though

Julien -- I am very sorry for what your family went through during WWI.  I do believe that people can die of a broken heart or can lose the will to live.  The problem I have is that I feel that explanation was a cop out on GL's part as an explanation for Padme's death -- it didn't fit with her character or the events.  I believe someone as strong as her doesn't simply give up -- especially when she has just become a mother.  There were many other ways to explain her death that made better sense. 

This is where I was coming from as well, in no way had I intended to belittle a dramatic real-life occurrance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
  • The dark side always prevails!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 08:59 PM »
You all have to admit that it was the lightning that shut down his life supports and now he is dead.
Huh? This conversation is really difficult to follow.

I don't think it's important how he died. It's just important that he died.

True, True. All true

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2005, 05:17 AM »
You all have to admit that it was the lightning that shut down his life supports and now he is dead.

I don't think anyone is trying to argue that he is still alive.
"This is the way."