Author Topic: He died the same time as your father.  (Read 8840 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: He died the same time as your father.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 06:29 AM »
I think about the only people who didn't think Obi was dead were the Lars', Vader, and perhaps Palpatine.

And, of course, the Organas & Yoda. :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 06:47 AM »
D'oh yeah, that's true...  Well Bail would have known and told Leia I guess...  Yoda knew.  Hell he maybe was even having some kind of interaction with Obi if Obi was interacting with QGJ through the force and Yoda was doing likewise.  Hmmm, there's a thought.

But yeah then that's it I guess? :)  Or I'm probably forgetting someone else...  Kenobi probably had a freaking autograph signing in Mos Eisley and everyone knew who he was.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 07:44 AM »
D'oh yeah, that's true...  Well Bail would have known and told Leia I guess... 

Didn't he tell Leia to seek out Obi-Wan if she were ever in trouble?  Can't remember  -- its been a while since I read the novelization.  But she was trying to get to Tatooine to appeal to him to help the Rebellion.  She knew he was a General in the Clone Wars so I would assume Bail filled her in? :-\

Kenobi probably had a freaking autograph signing in Mos Eisley and everyone knew who he was.

What do you think he'd charge? :P
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 07:58 AM »
I don't know but somehow I imagine a certain site having to get their greedy fingers in on it.   :-X :-*

Yeah though Leia was on the hunt for Gen. Kenobi so I assumed she was in on Obi-Wan's existance...  Dunno about Bail's wife but probably her too if she was still alive.  She'd probably wonder where the hell that kid came from and all that so I just imagine her knowing too...

It's kind of sad but Padme's own parents wouldn't know the children were born and stuff.  Their grandkids they'd never know.  That's sort of ******, actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 08:06 AM »
It's kind of sad but Padme's own parents wouldn't know the children were born and stuff.  Their grandkids they'd never know.  That's sort of ******, actually.

I've often thought about that too.  What in the world did they think when Padme's "pregnant" body showed up in Naboo for the funeral?  Did they automatically assume it was Anakin's child?  From the deleted scenes in AOTC it was pretty obvious to her family that there was a romance there.  I've always been curious about that.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: December 2, 2005, 03:02 AM »
Yoda knew.  Hell he maybe was even having some kind of interaction with Obi if Obi was interacting with QGJ through the force and Yoda was doing likewise.  Hmmm, there's a thought.

Like a netherworld conference call? ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: December 2, 2005, 03:40 AM »
Heh, yeah something like that...  Come to think of it I wonder if QGJ could have communed with Yoda and Obi at the same time? 

I picture some other Jedi in the background doing the "wazzzuuuppp!" or something.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 2, 2005, 06:36 AM »
Or perhaps QGJ going "Can you hear me now?" ;D
« Last Edit: December 3, 2005, 03:56 PM by tamidala »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 3, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Pretty good one Tamidala!
Anyway, on the dead thing, if you look at it like I am married now so my single part of my life is dead, or I've transitioned from college to working so my college days are now dead, I think it makes sense for Obi to be dead. Its a metaphor, dead meaning not phyical but a period of ones life. Obi's days of the old Jedi Order are dead and gone, as it that world and galaxy.  Now there is a new order and a new world and Obi has assumed a new role in the new order. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 8, 2005, 02:47 PM »
R2d2 knew him...if you can count a droid. One slight loophole that I feel Lucas never cleaned when merging the prequels and OT. I always wondered why ..with all the negativity (not carrying the faith that annakin did) about R2 out of Obi's mouth(ROTS) that r2 never resented him. Yeah, yeah..he's just a droid but how many other times in the movies did the scipt write for droid emotions? C3PO should have known Obi too. I don't believe he had his circuits wiped. If so then how could he possibly know about the CW but not say it because he's not a story teller?(ANH)

How 'Bout this-  And.. I don't think it's a figure of speech- Obi referring to r2 as a "friend" then turning around and saying he doesn't recall owning a droid?(ANH)
R4 in fact- how did he forget that helmet getting ripped off his droid by the buzz droids?(owned for quite a time period- appeared in 2 movies) Surely he knew of his Padawan's droid name. Wasn't he in the room when Q. Amidala said to commend him for saving the ship?(TPM) I feel Lucas dropped the ball linking the droids here in these examples otherwise we could add these 2 in for who knew Obi Won.

Palpatine hated obi won sooo much that he HAD to know he was still out there alive- he talks about how much he hates the "lucky to be alive" OBI Wan in the Labrynth of evil book. You have to admit he always seems to get some kind of lucky break. Even vs Vader the 2nd time he gave his life. Didn't lose it
Seemed like the only thing he EVER lost was his first Padawan.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2005, 02:59 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 8, 2005, 03:31 PM »
 ???
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 8, 2005, 04:17 PM »
i think the line was more of: just drop the subject luke, and doesn't really have that much signifcence.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 8, 2005, 04:36 PM »
No, he couldn't have said that-it doesn't fit in the script. We by now know that luke is this wimpy, whiney inquisitive lil' **** that asks alot of questions. The audience wouldn't buy what they know about Luke's character to this point that he would just be quiet and "drop the subject" about his dad or the clone wars with a statement like that from OW. I wish it were that easy. The fact is that it makes for good story in another movie's script-Lucas is the master here...not so much in directing(see the acting in prequels) but definately a story teller.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2005, 03:15 PM »
i suppose you're right slothus but i just don't understand while they're on the subject of old obi-wan why does Owen even bring up the subject of luke's dad, there by basically bringing up more questions and curiosity in luke about this general kenobi and his relationship to his dad.  something i'm sure owen try's not to talk about.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge