Author Topic: What's your favorite vehicle?  (Read 22452 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
What's your favorite vehicle?
« on: April 12, 2003, 01:14 AM »
What is your favorite Episode 1 vehicle?  I don't own this, but I really like the Naboo Royal Starship.  I saw one of these at a flea market once, and man is it huge!  It's a bit pricey... the guy was asking for $150 and the box was totally beat up.
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite vehicle?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 09:50 AM »
$150 :o

I will put out a vote for the trade federation tank. I just liked it.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 01:57 PM »
I bought mine right away for the original price at Toy's R Us, which I believe was $100 (or $150?) and then kicked myself when they had countless numbers of them for $50 about a month later.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 03:38 PM »
I bought mine right away for the original price at Toy's R Us, which I believe was $100 (or $150?) and then kicked myself when they had countless numbers of them for $50 about a month later.

Wish you could have picked me up one of those back then (if I only had known you then).     :P
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 03:46 PM »
I found my Royal star ship for 32.00 at my TRU during the last major EP1 clearance a couple years ago. They had a few at the time but money was to tight then to buy more.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 12:05 AM »
I have serious issues with Episode I, it's becoming ever more clear to me.  I own zero Ep I beasts, vehicles or playsets.  

The movie wasn't that bad, was it?  Must discover origin of disturbance within my mind.......
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 12:14 AM »
I have serious issues with Episode I, it's becoming ever more clear to me.  I own zero Ep I beasts, vehicles or playsets.  

The movie wasn't that bad, was it?  Must discover origin of disturbance within my mind.......

Do you own any EP1 figures?
dustrho

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 08:34 PM »
I think the best Ep1 figure would be the Royal Starship with the ATT a close second.  The ship I think was the best because of the infared tech. that makes the ship react to the remote.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2003, 11:21 PM »

Do you own any EP1 figures?

Yeah, basically all of them.  I might be missing a Naboo Royal Security, but I had one, just can't find it.  Have all the tough ones too.

That's what's weird about the whole thing.  I enjoyed the movie in the theater.  I like it on DVD.  Sure, Anakin is cloying and irritating, but I can get beyond that.  I loved the lightsaber battles.  The difference with those between the OT?  Wow.  Absolutely wow.  I wore out that section of the VHS tape.  

But...

I did not like the Gungans.  Boss Nass was eh, ok.  I loathe and despise Jar Jar (yeah, I have all the JJ figs).  Captain Tarpals was ok too, but in general, I disliked this aspect of the movie.  It was important to the overall scheme and the big battle was a visual specatacle but beyond that, I didn't find the subsequent vehicles to be of much interest.

Queen's starship was cool.  But I missed it originally and on clearance and it just costs too much to get it up here (plus I have the droid anyway).  I like Maul's speeder.  Beyond that, not much interested me.

I traded away both of my Gungan Sub's with Obi.  Never owned anything associated with the big battle and thought the space ships, for lack of a better term, sucked.  

I really don't know why.  I love the vehicles from the classic trilogy.  Weird, eh?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2003, 11:38 PM »
I have no vehicles from EP1.  :'(
They did't interest me at the time & now they are starting too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2003, 03:05 AM »
I can find you a Naboo starfighter for $40 Cdn MIMB or a MIMB Queen's starship for *gasp* $150 Cdn ::)

I own no ships from Ep I except for the Sith speeder w/ Maul

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2003, 03:20 AM »
I can find you a Naboo starfighter for $40 Cdn MIMB or a MIMB Queen's starship for *gasp* $150 Cdn ::)

I own no ships from Ep I except for the Sith speeder w/ Maul

$150. CDN.  :o  Holy  :-X  Man, that bites!

Offline Yak

• Youngling
  • gimmie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 6, 2003, 07:09 PM »
The Queens Ship and the Tank are probably not only the two best E1 vehicles but close to being the two best Star Wars vehicles ever - in my opinion. Will Hasbro ever be able to spend as much money on a toy as they did with the Queens ship, ever again? Time will tell.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2003, 09:31 AM »
Queen's Starship all the way, it is really the best ship Hasbro has put out to date and shows what they could do...hint hint Sail Barge

The price point hurts, I got mine at Target for less than $30

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2003, 09:52 AM »
The price point hurts, I got mine at Target for less than $30

You're lucky you only had to pay $30 for it.

One of my friends who also collects Star Wars stuff is an astromech freak, and he just paid $30 for that red R2 unit that comes with the Naboo Royal Starship.  OUCH!   :o
dustrho